Dr. Sunil Lal, MD

Dr. Sunil Lal, MD

Gastroenterology  |

Dr. Sunil Lal, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Augusta, GA. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 18 years.

Learn about Dr. Lal

Video

See how frequently Dr. Lal performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ileus
Constipation
Malnutrition

Dr. Lal's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Lal "We invest in building relationships with our patients. These relationships are built with time and attentiveness, delivered in the context of competency and care."

• Gastroenterology

• Burn Injuries
  • Celiac Disease
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Cirrhosis
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colon Cancer
  • Gallbladder and Biliary Tract Cancer
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Pancreatitis
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peptic Ulcer
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pleural Effusion

• Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Esophagogastroscopy
  • Esophagoscopy
  • Fecal Impaction Removal
  • Gastric Tube Insertion
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroparesis Therapy
  • Liver Biopsy

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• University of Illinois College of Medicine
  • Drexel University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Drexel University - Philadelphia PA
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

• Current liver biopsy practices for susoected parenchymal disease in the United States: the evolving rolse of radiologist., 2002 June
  • Long Term Endoscopic Management of Sigmoid Volvulus, 2006 April

• Hindi

Dr. Lal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lal to family and friends
Dr. Lal's Performance
North Augusta |
Dr. Lal is great, he listens, explains and understands his patients' struggles. His staff is a struggle to deal with when trying to call the office, getting refills, etc...
in Grovetown, GA |
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. LAL. GREAT BEDSIDE MANNER. TO ME THAT IS IMPORTANT. HE IS ALSO VERY SKILLED IN GI.
Hephzibah, GA |
Dr. Lal listened to me as well as explained as to why I was possibly having the symptoms.
in North Augusta, SC |
I find Dr Lal easy to talk to. He explains what’s going on within me in a way I can understand and relate to.. He seems concerned about my problem and my health. I have already referred him to friends and relatives. Thank you for the opportunity to reply.
Augusta, GA |
He's everything you want in a doctor. You'll feel completely at ease and like you're in good hands.
in augusta |
This doctor has been absolutely amazing. I struggled for about 15 yrs. with something gastro related. I was told over and over again there was nothing wrong with me. I had test after test done to the point where I had just had enough until Dr. Pursley referred me to Dr. Lal. He was able to nail it with a couple of visits. He is compassionate and genuinely cares about fixing you. I would highly recommend him and his staff.
in Augusta, GA |
Dr. Lal has been great in treating my digestive issues. I have no hesitation in recommending him as your Gastroenterologist.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
Battleboro, NC |
Dr Lal listened to all my concerns and then together we worked out a plan to figure out what is wrong. The wait time in his office was very quick but not once did I feel rushed Dr. Lal and his staff deserve 10 stars
in Augusta, GA |
Dr. Lal is the best of the best!!
in Harlem Ga |
Dr Lal is like no other Dr. I've ever met! He works with and for you to help you! He had to send me to surgeon and when I came back to him and told him that the other Dr basically said I was fine, Dr. Lal was mad and said that's not good enough, he then called another surgeon right in the room with me and got me in to see him the next morning! I was shocked! I thanked him, he told me, don't thank me yet, wait til I get you better! That's a true Dr, If you want a Dr. on your side, he's the one!
Hephzibah, GA |
Very nice doctor, and makes sure that he checks into everything himself when you become a new patient.
in Augusta, GA |
All of the nurses and CNA's were very polite and kind, I didn't have to wait a long time to be seen. I really would recommend other people to come to your office..
in Augusta GA |
Dr. Lal is an excellent doctor. He listens so well and cares about his patients. I am thankful to have found him and get a diagnosis so quickly. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Evans, Ga |
Nurse Lee is the greatest thing sense sliced bread! She is neater than dirt! My experience was fine. Staff was professional, no problems across the board.
in North Augusta, SC |
This practice not only has a GREAT gastric doc but a terrific staff. They have a fabulous telephone system, they return calls promptly and always get you in ASAP. Best med facility we have dealt with since moving here! A BIG THUMBS UP! You got to love DR LAL, he is a common sense and a top notch doc with a great personality!
Graniteville, SC |
I came to him looking for a second opinion. When he spoke with me he explained every thing clearly, answered all my questions. Would recommend any and everybody to him.
Augusta, GA |
Dr Lal is are family doctor when it has to do with our stomach. I put my trust in him if not I wouldn't come back love this man great doc
in Evans, GA |
Very professional, good bedside manner, efficient and through.
in Augusta, GA |
Dr. Lal is awesome!! He took time to listen and is so very kind!!
Memphis, TN |
Dr Lal was very helpful in explaining my procedure and it went well. I am very happy with his service and recommendation.
in Augusta Ga |
I really like the staff and Doctor Lalo was great. He is taking good care of me.
Aiken, SC |
Very personable! Actually listened to me and began working toward solving my problem.
Augusta, GA |
Wait time is horrible. Over 2 hours from arrival to being taken back then more waiting after vitals are taken. Staff doesn't seem to care. Dr Lal himself seems to be a good Dr, but is out of the room as soon as possible.
We are sorry to see reviews like this. We strive to provide all of our patients with excellent service and will work to improve our customer service. We are also very sorry to hear about your long wait, and will make every effort to improve our wait times in the future.
in Augusta, GA |
I got to the right Dr when I was sent to Dr Lal. He is a very knowledgable and caring individual. He wasted no time getting me in for a procedure and diagnosing my problem. He has put me on the road to recovery. I would highly recommend him.
in Aiken, SC |
Today was my 1st visit and I am 100% sure that I made the right choice! The staff was very professional and friendly. I did not have to wait long once in a room which we all know is rare at dr. appts. From the moment Dr. Lal entered the room, he was very personable and genuine. He didn't stare @ my paperwork or a computer. He sat down in front of me & had a fact-finding, 2-way conversation w/me about my health and concerns. By the time I left, we had a plan for now and in the future. AWESOME DR!
in Columbia, SC |
A month ago I scheduled an appointment with this doctor. I live an hour and 20 minutes away and called 1 day before the appointment to confirm. I talked with a live person both times. At no time did the office tell me this doctor was going to be on vacation on the date scheduled. When I arrived I was told the doctor was on vacation and I was given a new appointment. I left and will not be back. First impressions are important.
in Augusta, GA |
Dr. Lal is an amazing Dr.! He saved my life when I had a piece of meat stuck in my throat, and had to have him do a procedure to get it out! But, he is also very knowledgeable on my condition, and I like how he explains things to me, with patience!
in Grovetown, GA |
Dr. Lal is very professional & extremely knowledgeable. A very trusted doctor. He was able to diagnose my sysmtems quickly, and helped me back on the road to recovery.
in North Augusta, SC |
He dramatically improved the quality of my life with his guidance and care! Dr Joe Holt
Have you seen Dr. Sunil Lal, MD?

Visit Dr. Lal

• CHAMPVA
    Wellpath Preferred PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedCost