Dr. Suneetha Budampati, MD

Physical Medicine & RehabilitationFemaleAge 46

Telehealth services available

National Spine & Pain Centers

2800 S Shirlington Rd Ste 102 Arlington, VA 22206

Dr. Suneetha Budampati, MD is a Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialist in Arlington, VA. Dr. Budampati has more experience with Spine and Pain Management than other specialists in her area. She is affiliated with Inova Alexandria Hospital. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Budampati to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Frequently Treated by Dr. Budampati

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Budampati treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Budampati treats other conditions, please contact the office at (703) 738-4336.

Spine

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Spine specialists.

Dr. Budampati typically treats 85% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 16 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Low Back Pain
Osteoarthritis of Spine
Spondylosis
Normal Frequency
High Frequency
Very High Frequency
Similar Providers

Pain Management

Pain management specialists diagnose and treat pain and pain-related conditions through procedures including medication, electrical stimulation, physical therapy, and alternative therapies such as acupuncture.Compare with other Pain Management specialists.

Dr. Budampati typically treats 79% more often than similar doctors

• Chronic Postoperative Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Discography
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Musculoskeletal Pain
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Upper Back Pain
  • Vertebroplasty
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Budampati accepts

Dr. Budampati accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Budampati's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Budampati

3.1

Dr. Budampati?
  • Office environment (21)
  • Office environment (5)
Dr. Budampati, is a very knowledgeable and professional provider. I have had back and leg pain for some time and Dr. B developed a plan tailored for me that so far has worked out well. My pain levels overall have been reduced and I have my life back. I still can't play tennis, but now I can at least walk from my car to the court. I recommend her with enthusiasm.
leonard b ludovico – May 15, 2020
Thank you for the positive feedback. We...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suneetha Budampati, MD?
I saw Dr. Budampati for a number of years. She does not have any bedside manner to be clear. Professional I suppose. But my treatment was largely to just inject me with steroids which made me gain weight and then tell me I needed to lose more weight. I think it was clear from my visits she didn’t like me which was problematic. Anyone outside the norm for her is an issue. I moved away and went to a different specialist and pain management doctor and they started me a new treatment plan that addresses my issues without steroid injections and I’ve lost a great amount of weight and am much healthier than I was under her treatment. I feel like I was just a pin cushion there.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
none – Jul 26, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to reach out....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suneetha Budampati, MD?
By the time I saw her I was in a great deal of pain, and concerned that she would recommend pain killers rather than trying to determine the cause. I was so wrong. She spent a long time with me, finding out what more about my activity levels, lifestyle, goals, and pain levels. For the fist time in I don't know how long I felt like I had a doctor who HEARD me. She mapped out a strategy, not one based on massive amounts of drugs, but thoughtful diagnostic processes. Highly recommend
Apr 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suneetha Budampati, MD?
Dr. Budampati and PA. Tiffany Dietz are the absolute best tag team in town when dealing with spinal pain and/or injury. Dr. B has cared for me since my spinal surgery in August of 2011. I see her about every 2 to 3 years and she and her team have been wonderful at keeping my pain at bay. Recently I experienced some neck and shoulder pain and the team worked very hard to re-mediate what ended up being a surgical fusion. No one has ever worked this hard to help me avoid a surgery. Great Staff!
Mar 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suneetha Budampati, MD?
Thank God I found Dr.Budampati she is very professional and she help me a lot to feel better with my condition and control my pain. She took her time with me and listening me . God bless her. Tks for all your help
Alexandria – Feb 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suneetha Budampati, MD?
Everyone at this office was efficient, friendly, and professional. They did a great job of diagnosing, explaining, and treating my back pain.
Jan 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suneetha Budampati, MD?
Dr. Suneeth Budampati is very caring and patient as she assesses my reasons for pain. I am very comfortable with her and have confidence that she can help me. I also suggest strongly if you go to the National Spine and Pain Center in Shirlington, Virginia that you ask if PA Ms. Tiffany K. Dietz is available before you see Dr. Budampati. Ms. Dietz took all my initial information and gave me some terrific counsel. I recommend them highly .
Greg Sinclitico in Springfield, VA – Oct 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suneetha Budampati, MD?
Dr. B was fabulous with my long term issues. I am not pleased with the Arlington office off 395. I've been on same medications and random screenings for 9+ years with absolutely no issues. 1st one here and they screw it up. I'll be transferring back to Walker Lane for next month's PostOp. I hate to drop Dr. B - she is a caring compassionate physician however my integrity as a person & minister is too important to have inhouse Labs mishandled. Primary's tests & PreOp Tox. perfect 3 days later.
MarylandGirl in Springfield, VA – Aug 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suneetha Budampati, MD?
Great place to go if you want pills and shots done by her Physician Assistants. Barely spoke to me in three visits, and when she did she did not listen to my concerns nor did she ever even point at my spine to determine where my pain was. I had an MRI of my neck for an injury that I had, yet the pain was in my back and she told me it would go away on it’s own which it did not. She told me I could go back to everyday life while I had three limbs that were numb from a pinched nerve. BAD!
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Greg in Alexandria, VA – Jul 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suneetha Budampati, MD?
Beware of online reviews. if you are looking for a competent and compassionate doctor, she is the right one. She also expects a lot of responsibilityandownership from her patients in their treatment planand recovery process. I like that kind of treatment, it works for me. if you are looking to just get whatyou want, or pain pills for the rest of your life, that is not her style.
Mar 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suneetha Budampati, MD?
She was very mean to me. My mother had accompanied me on this visit because I was in so much pain that I couldn't drive myself. Dr. Budampati yelled at me like I was a child and treated me very disrespectfully because I asked her questions about the plan of treatment that made me nervous. Clearly her bedside manners are repulsive and I will never return.
Mar 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suneetha Budampati, MD?
Doctor Budampati is the consummate doctor; she always puts me at ease, always has a smile, and always has a positive attitude. I have complete trust in her proficiency each time she has to give me an epidural.
Stan Brown in Alexandria, VA – Aug 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suneetha Budampati, MD?
Love Dr. B! When backpain strike, I just want a competent practicioner who can provide immediate (and I mean immediate) relief. For me, that's Dr.B. Her front office staff have always been compassionate to get me in same day and get the care that I need. Thank you for all you do for us backapain sufferers!
Bethesda, MD – Jul 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suneetha Budampati, MD?
Dr. B and her PA staff are awesome. The receptionists and front office however need lessons in not rushing the patient and being so curt and abrupt. Dr. B has a gifted set of hands and is extremely good at her job. Scheduling is tough but that's because she's in high demand, so make appointment well in advance.
JS in Lorton, VA – May 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suneetha Budampati, MD?
If you are already on pain meds get ready to be treated like a drug addict. You have to bring in your pill bottle so they can count how many pills you have. They interrogated me about pain meds I got from other doctors when I fell. They make you do urine tests even if there is no reason to expect abuse. The doctor wouldn't even see my brother. who also has multiple chronic pain issues, because of the meds he is on. In my opinion she has a God complex. She knows she can give and take away.
Feb 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suneetha Budampati, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Budampati?

"Establishing a strong bond with a patient has an incredibly therapeutic effect on the physician too. It is one of the major reasons to keep me going,...Read more

Dr. Suneetha Budampati, of Arlington (Shirlington), VA office, is an advocate for strong doctor-patient relationships. She learned the importance of involving...Read more

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
  • Pain Medicine

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine
Western Pennsylvania Hospital