Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Sumon Agarwala, MD
Dr. Sumon Agarwala, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Plymouth Meeting, PA. He is 43 years old. Dr. Agarwala is affiliated with Einstein Medical Center Montgomery.

633 W Germantown Pike Ste 105

• Geisinger Health Plan
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Agarwala

Dr. Agarwala's Experience

Dr. Agarwala's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant

• Insulin Pump Therapy
  • Insulin Therapy
  • Thyroid Biopsy
  • Thyroid Nodule Evaluation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Stanford University
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Thom Jefferson U Hosp
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Thomas Jefferson University
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Thomas Jefferson University
  • University of Medicine And Dentistry of New Jersey / Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • FACE-Fellow of American College of Endocrinology
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Agarwala has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Agarwala does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Agarwala and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Agarwala's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Agarwala to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Agarwala's Performance
in Plymouth Meeting, PA |
He's great, listens, and I walked out of my appointment feeling hopeful for the first time in a while.. But reaching his staff by phone is a nightmare. All I need is for them to fax the prior authorization forms to my insurance so I can START THE MEDICINE I NEED.. It's impossible to reach anyone there. If you manage to get past the interminable wait time---22 minutes on hold yesterday--then you will reach someone who claims they'll get your msg to someone.. Never happens. I'm so frustrated.
in Royersford, PA |
I have been an RN since 1994 and have advocated for many patients. This was the first time I have ever wanted to hug and thank a doctor. He listens, thinks, ponders, educates, suggests, validates, cares, and appreciates.
in Philly suburbs |
I have Hashimoto's and when I found out, my family doctor simply put me on synthroid and sent me on my way. I realized I needed to find a specialist who could help me get to the root cause of my symptoms or they'd continue to worsen, and lucky for me I found Dr. Agarwala. He is on top of the newest research and helped me come up with a plan of medicine and lifestyle/dietary changes to manage my condition. I feel the best I have in 8 years! I highly recommend him!
in Phoenixville, PA |
Dr. Agarwala is simply the best endocrinologist that I have ever met! He isn't extremely knowledgeable, patient, and very aware of the latest trends for well being able and weight loss. I would fly from anywhere in the country to have a consultation with him! Friendly and fun!
in King Of Prussia, PA |
He is fantastic!! Changed my medication, helped me lower my A1C, set up my continuous glucose monitor, and has helped me control my previously uncontrollable diabetes. Can not say enough good things about him!! He is moving to the Collegeville location and I would follow him anywhere! The best endocrinologist I've ever seen!!
in Reading, PA |
I feel so lucky to finally have found a physician who really cares, listens and never rushes you out the door. I have been dealing with hypothyroid/Hashimotos for over 15 years now and have never felt better with the changes he has implemented for me after a few visits. If you are in need of an endocrinologist Dr. Agarwala is the one you need to go see - he is excellent.
in Collegeville |
I feel like I hit the jackpot with Dr. Agarwala. I needed an endochronologist after being diagnosed with Hashimotos, and wanted to get to the bottom of the disease rather than just take meds for the rest of my life. In addition to an adjusted and more specialized prescription, he suggested lifestyle changes, recommended readings, thorough bloodwork, and a new outlook. I slashed my antibodies in half after just two months am excited to see where they are at my next appointment. He truly cares
in Norristown, PA |
My husband see's Dr Agarwala,by far the best out there! We enjoy our visits with him! He goes above and beyond for his pt's.We highly recommend him to everyone that needs an endocrinologist,,
in Evansburg, PA |
Brilliant Physician. His life-style practicable recommendations along with the ideal regime of medication has had a significantly positive impact on my health in short period of time. I heard drug commercials that have advertised being able to drop the A1C blood test by 1.5 points; but how about more than 6 points?! Under Dr. Agarawala's this can be your reality too!
in East Norriton, PA |
What a wonerful human being and doctor. Ihave been a diabetic for ten years now and never could get my numbers under control. Then about two years ago i started seeing Dr Agarwala with a A1C level of 11.9 yes 11.9 and this man took the time to treat me and listen to me and within two visits my A1C level dropped to 8 and now my A1C is 6.8 and im under control because of Dr. Agarwala and his medicine stradedgy. I recommend anybody with diabetes to see him. He will change your life.
Collegeville, PA |
It took 3 months to actually get an appointment to first see him.Then I had to get blood work done and it took another 6 weeks to get back in to discuss the results of the blood test.After that it took him ANOTHER 3 WEEKS TO HAVE HIM SEND OVER THE NOTICE TO THE INSURANCE COMPANY FOR PRIOR AUTHORIZATION! I then waited 2 weeks for the pharmacy to have my medicine completed and ready for pick up. Go somewhere else and find another doctor. This doctor is far too busy to give proper patient treatment
Phila area, PA |
I have met with Dr. Agarwala for two visits so far. On my first visit with him, he was very thorough and took a lot of time listening to my symptoms. To be honest, I have felt badly for 30+ years!! He was the first and only doctor that understood what I was explaining. Without rambling about my specific issues, I can say, I followed what he asked me to do for step 1 (for two months) and I have seen a 30% - 40% improvement on my daily health. So far I am extremely happy!
Collegeville, PA |
My husband was referred to Dr. Agarwala by his primary care physician and we are SO happy to have found him! Dr. Agarwala is simply the best, he literally saved my husbands life. After being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, my husband felt overwhelmed and was not sure what to do. Dr. Agarwala spent a generous amount of time with my husband to develop a treatment plan. His staff, especially Casey, were so pleasant and knowledgeable as well. It is so refreshing to have a doctor and staff who care.
in Pottstown, PA |
Professional, dedicated to his patients. Comprehensive exam and diagnosis.
Schwenksville, PA |
Dr. Agarwala, spent a good amount of time with me, asking many questions.. He is exceptionally knowledgable, and is empathetic, to the patients issues . I felt very comfortable with him, he his easy to talk too, listens, and would highly recommend him!
in Norristown, PA |
Dr. Agarwala provides excellent care and very trustworthy
in King Of Prussia, PA |
Very good experience with Dr Agarwala's diagnosis & treatment has been excellent.
in Quakertown, Pa |
He is a very professional doctor. He lets you know what you have to do to treat your diabetes. He is very supportive with how he treats his patients. I was very upset with my family doctor, but after one visit with Dr Agarwala he encouraged me that I would be able to beat this diagnosis. After my second visit he was able to take me off of 2 of my medications. Thank you so much Dr Agarwala. I have told all my friends how good you are. Thank you so much for all your help.
in Norristown, PA |
My experience with Dr. Agarwala is going great his staff are very nice and take care of all my question They work with my schedule and always greet me with a smile .sDoctor Agarwala seems interested on how i feel, and want know how is your meds working? Takes time to get to know me and how the meds are effecting me. I have low testosterone I am 43 years and with his help i feel like i am in my mid 20's again. I am at a level that is perfect now between 700-900 i was at 90-120. aChris Bellas
in Norristown, PA |
Absolutely incompetent in everyway. Saw him for low testosterone and he refused to up the dosage even when my lab results proved the medicine was not working. 100 mg twice a month. It took him a week to call me back to have a 1 minute conversation. He was rude and condescending when he did call back. From what I hear he is not the only patient or person in the office who thinks he is negligent. Please do not seek treatment from him if you have you low t.
Norristown, PA |
Great doctor.. totally understands and listens to you and helps you correct the problems that you have..
Have you seen Dr. Sumon Agarwala, MD?
Are you Dr. Agarwala?