Dr. Sumit Das, MD

Dr. Sumit Das, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

As a practice we attempt to treat all patients with prompt and comprehensive treatment.  Every attempt is made to avoid surgical intervention.  If surgery is required, minimally invasive techniques are used.

Dr. Sumit Das, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Johnston, RI. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Das is affiliated with Our Lady of Fatima Hospital, Newport Hospital and South County Hospital.

Dr. Das' Experience

See how Dr. Das' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Das

Dr. Das accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Das has admitting privileges.

Dr. Das' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Das to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Das' Performance
in Warwick RI |
I was truly nervous when I knew I had neck problems and had to find a Dr that I could trust and feel at ease with. .I went to my 1st Neurosurgeon. ..but within 10 minutes I just knew we were not a good match. I then found Dr Das....He explained about the injection he could give me to help relieve my pain. The first Dr I saw told me I needed surgery right away. .I can't say enough good things about Dr.Das. I would recommend him to any one.I am fortunate to have him as my Dr.
Smithfield, RI |
5 STARS ******* Highly recommend Dr Das and his staff. They are all exceptional !!!!!!
Warren, RI |
Having Dr. Das as my surgeon for serious spinal cord repair was the smartest decision I have made in years! I now have my life back again, thanks to him, and through it all he was thoughtful, kind, professional and patient with my many questions.
Cumberland, RI |
Dr Das is exceptional at what he does. He is smart as he is completely funny, great sense of humor to lighten the mood and makes everything seem no so bad!!! He really helped me with my back pain and after just 2 injections my back was almost gone !!! Would definitely recommend Dr Das to anyone !!!
East Greenwich RI |
So incredibly impressed with Dr Das!!!! Couldn't ask for a more compassionate doctor!!! His staff are nothing short of exceptional!!!!!
Providence, RI |
I had a great experience with Dr. Das. He truly cares about his patients. I had a injection with him that greatly helped with my back and leg pain. He also has a AMAZING staff that works with him. I would highly recommend anyone with back pain to go see Dr. Das and his team!
Greenville, RI |
Had my first appointment last week Dr Das is completely blew me away he was more than what I had hoped for in a surgeon!!! He is exceptional with his care. He is efficient with his time... no waiting here!!! I was taking in to the exam room with in 10 minutes!!! I felt very reassured when leaving!!!
Tiverton, RI |
Dr. Das and his associates were very helpful and very nice. They gave me a lot of help and made me good as new! Thank you Dr. Das!!
Portsmouth, RI |
Dr. Das was very caring and has an excellent staff working with him. I felt comfortable and secure when going in for surgery. They did an amazing job and I feel better than ever! I would recommend anyone with back problems to see him.
in CRANSTON |
Friendly and professional staff. I have always been able to talk to the doctor and get my problems resolved. Coming here is like dealing with trusted family. Would not consider changing doctors.
East Providence |
Dr Das and his team of kind and courteous and knowledgeable staff really made a difference. Brittney his PA is wonderful she came to see me quite a few time while I was in the hospital Post-op. She was right on top of it!!!! Dr Das and his staff really made me feel like family the way they took care of me!!!!
in Harrisville |
Used to be a great practice. Now wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy. Do yourself and your back a huge favor and go elsewhere!
East Greenwich, RI |
Dr das and his nurse practitioner Mohini are a wonderful team. The entire experience at BSNI was so wonderful. I went to see Dr Das for my neck issues I had for almost 5 years and with his knowledge and experience. He sat and talked with me to explain my options I decided to have the surgery. I had my Cervical Fusion at Our Lady Of Fatima and it was absolutely wonderful. Mohini the nurse practitioner answered all my concerns after surgery!!! I have no more numbness in my fingers and NO Migraines
Harrisville, RI |
Dr Das and his office is nothing but professional and compassionate. I was given an appt in a timely manner and had next to no wait in the office. He spent the time to explain what was going on with me and why I was having pain as well as the best course of treatment for me. Thanks to Dr Das I am feeling great, after having months of pain.
in Chepachet, RI |
I have not seen Dr. Das because his office does not answer telephone calls nor responds to messages so unable to complete my medical care for almost a month. I am in constant pain and his office doesn't seem to care to provide follow-up in a timely fashion
I am very sorry to hear this. The phone system issues have been addressed and I am optimistic that this will be a better experience in the future. Sincerely, Dr. Das
in Newport, ri |
One of the best surgeons ever! All around compassionate Dr.
in Wakefield, RI |
This office does not return phone calls nor step up for answering patient calls about care. If anyone thinks they care yeah right, you got paid for the comment. I have been seeing this office for about two months found out they do not care nor want to help. Called 8/17/16 for doctor on call...never called, then called 8/19/16 to speak with office manager no person voicemail and no return call. STILL NO CALL BACK!
I apologize for any inconvenience that this caused you. Our telephone system has been updated and I can assure you this will not happen again. Hopefully you will allow myself and my office to assist you in the future. Sincerely, Dr. Das
Providence, RI |
Dr. Das performed my surgery. He was 2 hours late. After surgery he never contacted my family. I was 45 minutes from home and he caused anxiety for me and my family as well as lack of compassion.
I am extremely sorry for the anxiety that this must have caused. Truly that was never my intention, I will be more aware in the future. I sincerely hope you will come back to my practice if needed in the future. Sincerely Dr. Sumit Das
in North Providence, RI |
Dr. Das is a wonderful doctor, who, in the past two years operated on my husband, his back and his neck for fusions. Both surgeries were very successful and my husband recovered beautifully. He also followed the doctor's orders after his surgeries, which I feel is something a lot of people do not do. I would highly recommend Dr. Das and his staff.
Have you seen Dr. Sumit Das, MD?

Compare Dr. Das

Dr. Das' Care Philosophy

Dr. Das' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Rhode Island not available

Dr. Das has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Rhode Island.

Why It Matters: Dr. Das' Board Certifications

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Aneurysm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Epilepsy
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus

Mt Sinai Med Center

Completed in 1998

University of Michigan / Ann Arbor

Graduated in 1989

Dr. Das does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Das and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty