Dr. Sumit Das, MD

Dr. Sumit Das, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Sumit Das, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Johnston, RI. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 25 years.

1526 Atwood Ave Ste 200

Johnston, RI 02919

• Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Neighborhood Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Das

See how frequently Dr. Das performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spondylosis
Bone Disorders
Degenerative Disc Disease

Dr. Das's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Das "As a practice we attempt to treat all patients with prompt and comprehensive treatment.  Every attempt is made to avoid surgical intervention.  If surgery is required, minimally invasive techniques are used.  "

• Neurosurgery

• Neurosurgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Neurological Surgery*

• Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Epilepsy
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Rhode Island.

• University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • University Of Michigan Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Mt Sinai Hosp
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Mt Sinai Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Das has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Das does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Das and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Das' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Das to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Das' Performance
Warwick, RI |
Exceptional !!! I was seen by Dr. Das for neck and arm pain. He went over all my imaging very thoroughly and explained my options and he suggested that I get an injection in my neck and I am so happy I did because I am now pain free for 6 months.
in Newport, RI |
Terrible. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!!. Das has a production line for shots and does not care about the individual patient. I had a month of sever pain and no matter how many times I called and tried to get this point across they blew me off telling me the shot takes time to work. Not only did they ignore my cries for help they would not prescribe me any medication for the pain. I went to other Dr. in Providence who sat with me looking at the MRI and found a bone fragment pinching the nerve.
in Providence,RI |
I would not recommend Dr Das he is rude went my husband had surgery in 2016 at Fatima Hospital .I was waiting for Dr Das to come out and talk to me,I saw him in he back were the patients were and I ask the Nurse can I speak to DrDas he turn around and walk way.plus many time try to call his office no one answer the phonr,Many time I call the workComp secretary She never call back, My husband have any appointment in November 2016 We show up onDoctor no call to cancel the appointment the secre
in Warwick RI |
I was truly nervous when I knew I had neck problems and had to find a Dr that I could trust and feel at ease with. .I went to my 1st Neurosurgeon. ..but within 10 minutes I just knew we were not a good match. I then found Dr Das....He explained about the injection he could give me to help relieve my pain. The first Dr I saw told me I needed surgery right away. .I can't say enough good things about Dr.Das. I would recommend him to any one.I am fortunate to have him as my Dr.
Smithfield, RI |
5 STARS ******* Highly recommend Dr Das and his staff. They are all exceptional !!!!!!
Warren, RI |
Having Dr. Das as my surgeon for serious spinal cord repair was the smartest decision I have made in years! I now have my life back again, thanks to him, and through it all he was thoughtful, kind, professional and patient with my many questions.
Cumberland, RI |
Dr Das is exceptional at what he does. He is smart as he is completely funny, great sense of humor to lighten the mood and makes everything seem no so bad!!! He really helped me with my back pain and after just 2 injections my back was almost gone !!! Would definitely recommend Dr Das to anyone !!!
Providence, RI |
I had a great experience with Dr. Das. He truly cares about his patients. I had a injection with him that greatly helped with my back and leg pain. He also has a AMAZING staff that works with him. I would highly recommend anyone with back pain to go see Dr. Das and his team!
Tiverton, RI |
Dr. Das and his associates were very helpful and very nice. They gave me a lot of help and made me good as new! Thank you Dr. Das!!
Portsmouth, RI |
Dr. Das was very caring and has an excellent staff working with him. I felt comfortable and secure when going in for surgery. They did an amazing job and I feel better than ever! I would recommend anyone with back problems to see him.
in CRANSTON |
Friendly and professional staff. I have always been able to talk to the doctor and get my problems resolved. Coming here is like dealing with trusted family. Would not consider changing doctors.
in Harrisville |
Used to be a great practice. Now wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy. Do yourself and your back a huge favor and go elsewhere!
East Greenwich, RI |
Dr das and his nurse practitioner Mohini are a wonderful team. The entire experience at BSNI was so wonderful. I went to see Dr Das for my neck issues I had for almost 5 years and with his knowledge and experience. He sat and talked with me to explain my options I decided to have the surgery. I had my Cervical Fusion at Our Lady Of Fatima and it was absolutely wonderful. Mohini the nurse practitioner answered all my concerns after surgery!!! I have no more numbness in my fingers and NO Migraines
Harrisville, RI |
Dr Das and his office is nothing but professional and compassionate. I was given an appt in a timely manner and had next to no wait in the office. He spent the time to explain what was going on with me and why I was having pain as well as the best course of treatment for me. Thanks to Dr Das I am feeling great, after having months of pain.
in Chepachet, RI |
I have not seen Dr. Das because his office does not answer telephone calls nor responds to messages so unable to complete my medical care for almost a month. I am in constant pain and his office doesn't seem to care to provide follow-up in a timely fashion
I am very sorry to hear this. The phone system issues have been addressed and I am optimistic that this will be a better experience in the future. Sincerely, Dr. Das
in Newport, ri |
One of the best surgeons ever! All around compassionate Dr.
in Wakefield, RI |
This office does not return phone calls nor step up for answering patient calls about care. If anyone thinks they care yeah right, you got paid for the comment. I have been seeing this office for about two months found out they do not care nor want to help. Called 8/17/16 for doctor on call...never called, then called 8/19/16 to speak with office manager no person voicemail and no return call. STILL NO CALL BACK!
I apologize for any inconvenience that this caused you. Our telephone system has been updated and I can assure you this will not happen again. Hopefully you will allow myself and my office to assist you in the future. Sincerely, Dr. Das
Providence, RI |
Dr. Das performed my surgery. He was 2 hours late. After surgery he never contacted my family. I was 45 minutes from home and he caused anxiety for me and my family as well as lack of compassion.
I am extremely sorry for the anxiety that this must have caused. Truly that was never my intention, I will be more aware in the future. I sincerely hope you will come back to my practice if needed in the future. Sincerely Dr. Sumit Das
in North Providence, RI |
Dr. Das is a wonderful doctor, who, in the past two years operated on my husband, his back and his neck for fusions. Both surgeries were very successful and my husband recovered beautifully. He also followed the doctor's orders after his surgeries, which I feel is something a lot of people do not do. I would highly recommend Dr. Das and his staff.
Have you seen Dr. Sumit Das, MD?

Visit Dr. Das