Dr. Sumant Krishnan, MD

Dr. Sumant Krishnan, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Sumant Krishnan, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Dallas, TX. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 22 years.

3900 Junius St Ste 740

Dallas, TX 75246

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Krishnan

See how frequently Dr. Krishnan performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
Shoulder Dislocation
Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement

Dr. Krishnan's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lupus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Internship Hospital | Completed
  • U Tx Southwestern
  • Steadman-Hawkins Sports Med Found
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Krishnan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Krishnan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Krishnan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Krishnan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Krishnan to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Krishnan's Performance
in Denton |
After an unwelcome fall, I recently found myself as a repeat patient of Dr. Krishnan. There is no surgeon anywhere I would trust the road to recovery with other than Dr. Krishnan. My recent experience was equally as impressive as Dr. Krishnan, all RNs, PAs, and particularly Daniel Abeaboeru have provided exemplary care—before, during, and after the surgery. Our gratitude also extends to Charis Barron, RN, who literally saved my husband when he passed out at the hospital. I highly recommend!
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Krishnan preformed and AC joint replacement on my left shoulder after a previous surgeon had done the surgery and it had failed. When I first met with Dr. Krishnan to my surprise he told me he could fix it using a different technique after the other surgeon said there was nothing that can be done and that I was "getting old" (I'm 35). It has been 1 year from the surgery now and my shoulder is PERFECT!!!! The entire staff is excellent and PRO's at what they do! Forever Thankful for them!!!
Forney, TX |
Dr Krishnan might be the right doctor for some but was NOT the right doctor for me. Always, ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Plano, TX |
Being a physical therapist in the DFW area and seeing various outcomes from surgery, Dr. Krishnan is unequivocally the best MD for repairing shoulders. He and his staff are highly knowledgeable, compassionate, and efficient. I had surgery on Monday and went back to work on Friday. 9 months later I’m nearly 100% and have resumed all activities that I was not able to perform for the last five years (basketball, push-ups, baseball).
Garland, TX |
I tore through my rotator cuff and bicep almost 2 years ago. I'm in my 50's and I have a pretty dedicated workout schedule. Dr. Krishnan asked questions to understand my day to day routine. He took this information and used it to catered my surgery to fit my lifestyle. I followed his post-op instructions, as well as, seeing a physical therapist they recommended . My PT was awesome too. I have been very happy with my results and would recommend The Shoulder Center to anyone.
in Forney, TX |
I am 100% NOT satisfied. 19 months after my shoulder surgery, I cannot sleep, move my arm regularly and the office will NEVER call me back. After 6 months, they are completely done with you. I paid my bill so they move on. HE PROMISED me I would be able to throw a ball to may son again- and I CAN'T. Just broken hearted! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND Dr. KRISHNAN for shoulder surgery..... Be forewarned. Wish I was.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Krishnan operated on my shoulder. For me, I am totally disappointed because after 9 months of surgery and rehab., my shoulder is the same if not worse than before surgery. There have also been some issues with Baylor's Scott & White Insurance that have denied some of the costs, i.e.. The sling that was put on my shoulder after surgery. whats up with that?? I have since switched insurance and Krishnan doesn't take my new insurance so they want $300 for a followup. It's all about the $$$$
My wife, Karen, and I have never been around a medical staff who tried to do everything to help us and get us in to see Dr. Krishnan asap. For instance, while in NM to ski, I fell on ice and had to have medical help soon. So, Karen packed up the car the day after we arrived and she called Dr. K's office from Amarillo and we were seen in a couple of days. Dr. K and his staff worked long hours to be sure I was ok. In conclusion, Dr. K's staff should be the Medical Staff of the Year!
in Dallas, TX |
I like reading reviews of my Drs & THIS negative review was SO NOT TRUE! Pls allow me to set the record straight. I had a failed shoulder surgery & met Dr K. via a Dr at UTSW. He's AMAZING! Truly the BEST Shoulder Dr on the PLANET! People worldwide come to see him. My shoulder inversion was a success, mostly pain-free & quick! His staff is professional, caring & sharp; they ALL are cust. svc. oriented. He is well respected in his field & published in JAMA. I am so grateful he is my Dr!
in Dallas, TX |
*****BEWARE OF THIS DOCTOR's OFFICE***** Worst Dr's office I've EVER dealt with and I was in the military! This office is ran by a group of MOROONS that are incompetent and will mislead, provide misinformation and just flat out lie to get you in. Used car salesmen have more integrity! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
in Flint, TX |
Dr. K performed a joint line restoration with reversed ball on my right shoulder. My experience with him and his staff at The Shoulder Center and his support team at Baylor Scott and White was excellent in all respects. Every step from my initial exam to discharge after surgery was orchestrated to put the patient first and to achieve the best results. Dr. K explained every step in this complicated surgery in terms I could understand, and patiently answered every question I asked. Thanks, Doc.
Irving, TX |
Dr Sumant Krishnan is by far the best doctor I have ever had. He did both my right and left rotator cuff surgeries in 2011. He was very knowledgeable and cares deeply about his patients, which says a lot!!
in Wichita Falls, TX |
Dr K. is an extremely skilled and caring physician who has an extremely well run office with caring staff
in Forney, TX |
I had THREE failed rotator cuff repair surgeries done by a highly rated orthopedic surgeon, all within a 2 1/2 year period by the same surgeon. After my third failed surgery, my physical therapist recommended Dr Krishnan. I have been in constant pain since the accident in December 2013. Dr Krishnan repaired my rotator cuff and the recovery was much quicker and the pain level was much less. I cannot say enough good things about Dr Krishnan, he changed my life! Don't live with pain!
in Plano, TX |
He replaced my left shoulder in 2011 and my right shoulder in 2015. He is very thorough in explaining x-rays and what will happen during surgery and then afterwards. He is very attentive to each level of care and follow-up visit. His staff is amazing! They've been happy, informative and efficient every time I've been there. This lends an air of confidence in the whole clinic!
in Sherman, TX |
Dr. Butch Krishnan performed a total shoulder replacement procedure for me in July of 2015. Today, in July of 2016, my shoulder is totally functional WITHOUT ANY PAIN! Dr. Butch exudes confidence and enthusiasm. He thoroughly explains, in common terms, what the problem is and the remedy. His staff is excellent. Especially the African man (sorry, I don’t remember His Name) that takes the X-Rays…exceptional professionalism and compassion. In my opinion, Dr. Butch Krishnan is THE BEST!
in Dallas,TX |
Went for my initial visit this past Thursday. Yes, he is a busy and wait was little long but Being in the Health field myself I truly understand. Dr. Krishnan listened and understands the pain I'm going through. He was able to explain things to where I'm able to understand what is going on. He took his time with me and by the end of the day him and is staff was great. I will recommend him to anyone
in Dallas, TX |
Seen by Dr. almost 90 minutes late on initial appointment. Was told that day I would get a follow up call Thursday to discuss diagnosis. Thursday call never happened. Late in day one of his staff called me to reschedule the missed Thursday follow up call. Weld use. scheduled for Friday morning between 9am and 10am. At 9:55am, no call had been received so I called them. Got some excuse from one of his staff. Reminded me of the dog ate my homework type of back pedaling story used by a child
in Plano, Texas |
Dr Krishnan was wonderful & personable. His office help is a problem in my opinion. Was referred by my PT. Made appt told them what my insurance was nothing was said about a problem. Went to appt. Dr Krishnan ordered X-rays told what was the matter and he thought he could help me. Was sent for more tests. Never heard back from them on anything. Called & was spoken to rudely & told don't take my insurance. No explanation
in Plano, TX |
It's hard to express the gratitude I have for Dr Krishnan. To me he's a rock star, a blessing of skill and compassion. He even tolerates my endless questions! He has surgically repaired both my shoulders. He's supportive and encouraging when I need it, laughs with me when I do something stupid and always lets me know what his plan is and why he's making those recommendations. Five months after the most recent repair and I'm back in the pool swimming 2500 Meters - I can't imagine better results.
in Richardson, TX |
Prompt, courteous, informative, listens well, communicates well, professional in ever aspect.
Have you seen Dr. Sumant Krishnan, MD?
Are you Dr. Krishnan?