Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Sumana Gangi, MD
Dr. Sumana Gangi, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Mesquite, TX. She is 44 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Gangi is affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - White Rock, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Rockwall, Lake Pointe Medical Center, Dallas Regional Medical Center and Baylor Scott & White - Sunnyvale.

1621 N Belt Line Rd Ste A

Mesquite, TX 75149

Dr. Sumana Gangi, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthFirst
  • HealthSmart
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Gangi

As an Endocrinologist, It is important not only to control the diabetes but also to be able to prevent diabetes related complications. Having come from a family of diabetics, Dr. Gangi have experienced the importance of comprehensive care and the unmet needs in the treatment of diabetic patients. Southern Endocrinology Associates P.A is established to provide comprehensive medical care to patients with Diabetes, Thyroid, Obesity, Osteoporosis, Metabolic Syndrome and other Endocrine Disorders.

Dr. Gangi's Experience

Dr. Gangi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant

Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Buffalo General Hospital-Kaleida Health
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

• Patient Choice award, 2008,2009,

Dr. Gangi has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Telugu

Dr. Gangi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gangi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gangi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gangi to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Gangi's Performance
in Rowlett, TX |
Fantastic doc. Great staff. efficient office. highly reccomend this endocrinologist. She is thourough and truly cares baout her patients.
in white |
Dr. Gangi is an extremely kind and thorough doc. She was not just there to prescribe me medication but actually tried to help me with my disease through lifestyle first. I used to be on so many medications, but now because of her I am taking fewer meds but still getting better. Her staff and MA's were kind and efficient and her office was nice and organized.
in Arlington, TX |
Very grateful for Dr. Gangi, one of the only doctors to intesead of just giving a perscription and moving one, worked with me to have a lifestyle change so we could avoid medication. Having hashimotos, I did not know my diet would be a key factor in helping my thyroid. Thanks to dr. gangi, I don't have to take so much medication and am living a healthier life.
in Arlington, TX |
So glad I came to Dr. Gangi for my diabeties. She helped me get on track and get my sugars under control after years of having sugars go from the 400-500 doen to the 30's. She got it under control and I have not vistied the hospital since. Her staff were prompt on calling me on my lab results and effiencetly got me settles into a room.
Dallas, TX |
great doc. helped my diabetes, finally got it under control after years of my A1C above 9. Last visit it was 6.3. the swelling and pain in my feet and legs has gone down tremendously and I have lost over 30 lbs thanks to dr. gangi.
in Frisco, TX |
Dr. Gangi was the only doctor able to help me. After seeing countless doctors and endless tests, Dr. Gangi was the only one able to effiecently and skillfully diagnose my disease which had forgone the eye of other doctors. She gave me medication and helped me to a quick recovery. Now I only have to follow up with her a ocuple times a year. Her bedside manner was ecellent, she was caring and considerate and her office was efficient and helpful.
in Irving, TX |
I recently noticed I had a large lump in my neck. I was referred to Dr. Gangi after visiting multiple doctors. She did my sonogram and biopsy on my thyroid gland. She is extremely smart and I highly recommend her and her staff. The process has been quick and painless.
in Dallas texas |
Terrible bedside manners. Nurse practitioner was great, but when dr gangi came in she wouldn't talk to me, acted like I wasn't in the room. Didn't explain anything, and she takes 24 hours to review lab results...
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Gangi does not seem to be competent on how to treat a Type 1 diabetic. She does not educate or offer references to her patients on issues that pertain to them. Her bedside manner is very poor, and her communication skills are lacking. If you are depending on a prescribed medication, you are left to wait and prescribed incorrect medications as well. And lastly, she does not provide discharge notes to her patients, which is terrifying when changes are made on an insulin pump. My trust is lost
Dallas, TX |
GOOD ENDOCRIONOLOGIST, WELL EXPLAINED.
in Mesquite TX |
these people are only in it for the money ever on-time with appointments always at least 45 minutes to an hour and a half late very very rude I would not recommend anybody coming here all they care about other dollars
Garland, TX |
Terrible service from her staff, they never return messages, are lazy and have the worst customer service skills! Dr. Gangi only spent 10 minutes with me and does not care at all!
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Gangi was the best doctor for me! Had it not been for her I may well have been sicker than what I should have been after having spent considerable time and money with a doctor who almost had me in the hospital. She took my medical condition and applied her skills and knowledge accordingly to get me back into the best physical and mental health. Her expertise has always been unfailing as she continues to be one of the best providers I have had in my medical history.
in mesquite, texas |
she only takes cash up front , even with insurance and a health reserve account.... you pay up front then , they will give you you money back later.,,,, plus they keep all your ID for over 20 minutes
in Dallas, TX |
I have seen Endocrinologists for over 20 years and Dr. Gangi is the first one that did more than just write me a prescription. She has encouraged changes in my diet and life that have made a positive impact on my wellbeing. She is also so kind and is never rushed. After seeing Dr. Gangi, my thyroid nodules has decreased in size significantly. She pinpointed an autoimmune disorder that no other doctor has ever spoke of, even though I have had it my entire life. I am so grateful for Dr. Gangi.
in Dallas Tx |
Veto hard to talk to. Is incompetent in certain endocrine disorders but likes to pretend and mid diagnose, even at the risk of her patients health. Unwilling to listen to the patient or the referring physician. I quit her service and would not recommend her to anyone.
in Coppell, TX |
Horrible. Lost my blood results, I was never able to reach the doctor, I couldn't reach her over the phone (there is always a message on that says they close for lunch, even at non-lunch times) and when I showed up for my appointments with her, she either wasn't in the office or I was scheduled with someone else without being told. Office staff treated me like crap. The facility is filthy. The nurse told me not to take my shoes off for the weigh in because of how dirty it was.
in Balch Springs, TX |
She said I was proud of having heart attacks when she saw me in the hospital. I told her that was not true. I don't know what her problem is, but it's not good bedside manner to call a patient a liar, especially when he told the truth. After I told her that was not true, she repeated the lie and it WAS A LIE because she had been informed of the truth & still said I expressed pride at heart attacks. I have fumed in anger for yrs & finally had to say something. What an abjectly stupid lie to tell.
in Mesquite, Texas |
Just wants money. Will not give you prescription refills. Staff never answers the phone. I will not be back.
Have you seen Dr. Sumana Gangi, MD?
Are you Dr. Gangi?

Visit Dr. Gangi

Dr. Gangi accepts 16 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Advantage
    Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
    Basic HMO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA