Psychiatry  |
Dr. Suman Bhat, MD
Dr. Suman Bhat, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Tampa, FL. She is 64 years old.

613 W Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd

Tampa, FL 33603

(813) 237-1958

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Bhat

See how frequently Dr. Bhat performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Major Depressive Disorder
Psychiatric Evaluation
Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Bhat's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

Dr. Bhat does not have any board certifications listed.

• Major Depressive Disorder
  • Psychiatric Diseases

• Psychiatric Evaluation

• Mgm Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated
  • John Umstead Hospital
  • Mt Sinai Hospital Med Center

Dr. Bhat has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Bhat has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bhat does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bhat and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bhat's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bhat to family and friends
2.1
Dr. Bhat's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Tampa |
The most horrible doctor in the world she's all about herself and not about her services period She doubles books every client so that you have to at least wait an hour and a half for every appointment and then to top it all off she resigns without any warning leaves me without my medicine for two and a half months no one will fill my prescription I have to wait to see another doctor. As this is dangerous and I could have a seizure at any time. Thank God my foot doctor was able to help me.
Tampa Florida |
Dr. Bhat was always late. If you tried to talk to her about something she would ask you if you were seeing a councillor. The most upsetting thing I called the office today to confirm when my appointment is....i was told she retired. No heads up nothing. There is a new Dr, but you have to start from step one.
Tampa, FL |
Dr. Bhat saved my life, and continues to do so. She is brilliant, kind, and REALLY knowledgeable! She isn't out for money--she offers top-quality care to everybody, regardless of income. She is in-network on both my old insurance and new insurance, and co-pays are extremely affordable. Her expertise has allowed me to live the 2 happiest and most stable years of my entire adult life. I only wish I had met Dr. Bhat sooner. She is one of the greatest blessings in my life. ABSOLUTELY TRUSTWORTHY!
Moses Lake, WA |
This "psychiatrist" told a family member of mine, "whenever you feel depressed, just tell yourself to stop". Boom! Cured! This is incredibly dangerous practice to tell a person with mental illlness to "just stop". Did she actually go to college? Does she understand depression at all? I'm not convinced and am infuriated that she would speak to my family or any person that way.
Tampa, FL |
This doctor was judgmental, rude, unprofessional, unhelpful, does not think on her own, relies on other doctor's previous prescriptions, unfriendly, outdated, old school in a bad way, mean. And on top of all this the office was disgusting and we had to wait in the waiting room for an hour. We will not be going to our follow up appointment and we will be seeking another psychiatrist while NOT taking the medication she prescribed.
Have you seen Dr. Suman Bhat, MD?
Are you Dr. Bhat?