Dr. Suken Shah, MD

Dr. Suken Shah, MD

Pediatric Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Dr. Suken Shah, MD is a pediatric orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Wilmington, DE. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Shah is affiliated with Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital—Jefferson Health.

Dr. Shah's Experience

See how Dr. Shah's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Shah has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shah's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shah to family and friends
Dr. Shah's Performance
in Coatesville, PA |
Dr. Shah is amazing. Our daughter had two major surgeries, spinal fusion and cervical fusion, with Dr. Shah. This was at a time in her life that it seemed every three months she needed some other surgery or hospital stay. I remember her back surgery was one of the last surgeries in a series of surgeries. My daughter was just so depressed and scared. Dr. Shah had a full surgery schedule but took about 1/2 hour to talk and comfort Jenna before surgery. So caring. Can't say enough about Dr. Shah!
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr Shah is Awesome! His skills has no match.
in Sellersville, PA |
Dr. Shah has been taking care of my daughters spine for almost 2 years now. My daughter has a moderate to severe rare bone disease, Osteogenesis Imperfecta, which causes her bones to be very fragile and fracture frequently. Her scoliosis is definitely a delicate matter which only the absolute most skilled spine surgeon should be treating. Dr. Shah is that surgeon. He is the best of the best and I have utter and complete full confidence in him in the treatment of my daughters scoliosis.
Medina Ohio |
We have child with a complex and rare bone disorder. We have traveled to two countries and multiple states seeking the best care possible. We found Dr Shah and he treated her difficult scoliosis with a progressive approach that very few surgeons would even consider. He has given her a better quality of life. Dr Shah's precision planning before, during and after surgery was incredible. We highly recommend Dr Shah and his incredible team at Nemours Children's Hospital.
in Rincon, GA |
Dr. Shah is outstanding. Our daughter has severe Osteogenisis Imperfecta and her scoliosis was over 100°. We consulted with several surgeons who refused to touch her. Dr. Shah took his time to examine our daughter and address all our concerns. He is very personable and easy to talk to. Our daughter felt very comfortable with him. Surgery was an amazing success, beyond our best expectations. Dr. Shah was always accessible to assess any concerns they days after surgery. Highly recommend!
in Woodstown, NJ |
Dr Shah operated on my daughter years ago for her severe scoliosis. He was wonderful to my family..talked to her about her surgery in terms she could understand. She has 2 rods and 16 screws in her back but she has no pain and went back to playing field hockey as soon as Dr Shah allowed it. Just sad that once she hit 18 she could no longer see him..don't know who she will see if anything ever happens
in Woodbine, New Jersey |
my name is Victoria Wolford. Dr. Shah preformed a spinal fusion on me about 7 years ago. he told me that I was new women. He saved me. he fixed me. I can't thank him enough for what he has done for me. I hope you read this Dr. Shah. I so greatfull that you are the doctor that preformed me surgery. my balck was 75% forward. I have screws, Rods, and plates holding my spine together. Dr. Shah is the best. thank you again for giving me my life back.
Attended to my daughter who suffered from severe scoliosis. Performed posterior fusion with instrumentation surgery. He is thorough and efficient, and is highly respected by everyone at the hospital. He is very knowledgeable and is a leader in current teaching and research to improve procedures for optimal results. I have talked to many others who have had this procedure at different hospitals with different doctors and their experience was NOT comparable. Dr. Shah is simply the best.
Have you seen Dr. Suken Shah, MD?
Are you Dr. Shah?

Compare Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pediatric Orthopedic Spine Surgery
      •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Shah has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Delaware.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shah's Board Certifications

Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University

Graduated in 1994

Pennsylvania Hospital of The University of Pa Health System
        Thos Jefferson University Hospital

Completed in 1999

Nemours/Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children

Completed in 2000

The Pennsylvania State University

Graduated in 1990

Dr. Shah does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shah and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatric Orthopedic Spine Surgery