Dr. Suheil Muasher, MD

Dr. Suheil Muasher, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility  |
Dr. Suheil Muasher, MD is a reproductive endocrinology & infertility doctor who practices in Durham, NC. He is 66 years old and has been practicing for 41 years. Dr. Muasher is affiliated with Duke University Hospital.

5704 Fayetteville Rd

Durham, NC 27713

Learn about Dr. Muasher

Dr. Muasher's Experience

Dr. Muasher's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
  • Malpractice claims found

This content was provided by Dr. Muasher Since I was a medical student I have been interested in helping patients overcome infertility and achieve their dream of completing their family. I have been lucky and privileged to have done my fellowship training with Howard W. Jones Jr. MD and Georgeanna Jones MD -- the physicians responsible for the first in vitro fertilization baby born in the United States in December 1981. More than all the medical material that they taught me I learned from them to be inquisitive and creative in my thinking and to not accept certain forms of treatment simply because they are considered the %"current standard of practice.%" This has helped me throughout my career to do research and publish more than 180 articles on understanding fertility issues that patients have and to devise newer methods of treatment. I love to see patients who were told that they could not be helped as I often find the contrary. My biggest reward is when I meet patients several years after they were successful with a baby (or babies) and they look at me with joy and gratitude and say %"Doctor you have changed our lives.%"

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

• Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology
    Accredited by: American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology*
  • Obstetrics & Gynecology
    Accredited by: American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology*

1 Malpractice Claim
  • Settlement : 12/18/2013
    Nature of Complaint: OUT OF STATE CLAIM: VA. Reported by the North Carolina Medical Board INCIDENT LOCATION: FAIRFAX, VA PRACTITIONER COMMENTS: Patient had recurrent pregnancy loss due to a uterine septum. I performed an abdominal septum resection (Jones metroplasty) to correct the anomaly. The patient developed uterine scarring (synechiae) after the procedure and filed a law suit, claiming that the wrong surgical procedure was performed on her. Two expert witnesses have gone on file to agree that the correct procedure was performed. The insurance company decided to settle this case for "economic" or "business" reasons, with no admittance of guilt or reliability on my part.

• American University Of Beirut
    Medical School | Graduated 1976
  • American University Of Beirut
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1976
  • Greater Baltimore Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1980
  • Johns Hopkins University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1978

Dr. Muasher has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Muasher has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic

Dr. Muasher does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Muasher and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Muasher's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Muasher to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Muasher's Performance
in Raleigh, NC |
Came in to discuss my prior history and my options go forward. Dr Muasher did not seem to have read my OBGYN's notes, nor were my records from a previous clinic sent over. He was asking specific questions re: lab tests, etc that doc notes and records would answer much more definitively than I could. Many questions were vague, not directive. I also had to repeat my self several times over, as he could not hear my answers. Immediately I felt we were getting nowhere, and decided it was not a fit.
Spring, TX |
Absolutely would recommend Dr. Muasher. We had him as our doctor in Fairfax, VA. We we tried numerous times with another doctor, in another practice and were unsuccessful. We took a break for a bit then sought his services. He was right to the point, we needed a new donor because there was no reason that I couldn't get it pregnant. We found a new donor and without any promises of success, we did indeed get pregnant. He is straight forward and a very warm man once you know him.
Have you seen Dr. Suheil Muasher, MD?
Are you Dr. Muasher?