Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Sue Mitchell, MD
Dr. Sue Mitchell, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Colorado Springs, CO. She is 55 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Mitchell is affiliated with University of Colorado Health - Memorial Hospital Central.

South Office

1699 Medical Center Pt

Colorado Springs, CO 80907

• Cofinity
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Mitchell

Dr. Mitchell's Experience

Dr. Mitchell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gastroenterology

• Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Unexplained Weight Loss
  • Vascular Insufficiency of Intestines
  • Vomiting Disorders

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University Of Kansas / School Of Medicine
  • University Of MD Med Sys
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • University Of Kansas Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Mitchell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mitchell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mitchell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mitchell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mitchell to family and friends
Dr. Mitchell's Performance
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Sue Mitchell has been my GI physician for over 10 years. I am so grateful for her expertise, compassion. She and all her staff are so friendly and compassionate. They take as much time as you need in answering questions/concerns and never appear "rushed" or overwhelmed. Thank you for such great care you give to me!
Austin, TX |
This office tries to pressure you into buying a Colonoscopy Prep Kit for $25. The only medicine in this kit is Perrigo Polyethylene Glycol 3350 8.3 Oz that sells for $11.58 on Amazon. The other contents of this kit are unnecessary as you already have what you need at home instead of this stuff. They even have a diaper, wipes and a water bottle in this kit. Come on!! Overcharge of $13.42 for unnecessary items.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Relaxed and nurturing environment. Loved the Bottoms Up Coffee bar!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Mitchell is very personable and takes time to answer questions from her patients. She is very "approachable".
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Had my first routine/preventive care colonoscopy. Process was over quickly, staff was wonderful, coffee waiting for me when I woke up. No problems or issues. The whole process was painless and nothing to loose sleep over.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Mitchell was very friendly and professional. I was nervous, but Dr. Mitchell's demeanor was one of genuine caring, and she made me feel at ease, so my procedure was MUCH less stressful than what I expected it to be. My daughter has also been seen by Dr. Mitchell, and had the same pleasant experience. My husband was seen by another doctor in the same office (Dr. Folan), and he too had a good experience. We would highly recommend this office, and I was very pleased with Dr. Mitchell.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Mitchell is extremely affable and her the staff at the Medical Center Point do everything they can to put you at ease.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Most inept doctors office in town. No one knew what they were supposed to be doing. Wait times were ridiculous and the waiting area was dirty and smelled disgusting. To top it off, the doctor didn't even try to address my concerns. We walked out.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
She has a great personality and a wonderful bedside manner!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Do NOT go here. These people do not care about you. Every person in this office is only interested in churning patients through as fast as possible for maximum profit with minimal effort. If you need medical care, go to a real doctor's office.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have NO CONFIDENCE in this doctor, or anyone else in this office. Every person I encountered was an assembly line robot devoid of interest in the patient and only concerned with money.
in COlorado SPrings, CO |
I am confused, is this for the Colonoscopy or the follow-up visit? If this was for the exam, the office and staff are great. The only concern I have is that twice I have heard remarks about my polyps not being marked. As this is of import, wondering why they were not? If this is regarding the follow-up visit, I did not see Dr. Mitchell but instead saw the nurse practitioner. Who changed her answer at least twice when I asked if my children should be tested earlier than 50 because of my results.
Colorado Springs, CO |
I have found, through my three encounters over the years, that Dr. Mitchell and her office staff are kind, efficient and very professional. I would definitely recommend their services to anyone.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Mitchell and her staff made an uncomfortable-sounding procedure easy. Slept through the whole thing.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Knowledgeable, professional yet compassionate and personable.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Had great experience with Dr. Mitchell for my colonoscopy.
in Monument, CO |
Dr. Mitchell was understanding and took my issues seriously.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Mitchell was warm, friendly, professional, and... a big one for me...listened to my concerns. I trust her implicitly!
Colorado Springs CO |
Great office with great people. Procedure was done on scheduled and they released me quickly after it was done
in Fountain, co |
I have to admit that I was really nervous about this procedure. I managed to avoid it for ten years but Dr. Mitchell was so exceptionally professional. She was so perceptive in recognizing my level of anxiety, and reassuring in her display of competence, that it really did help allay some of my unfounded fears. I have to give Dr. Mitchell and my primary care physician, Dr. Amy Owen, a heartfelt thank you for being such outstanding doctors. I am blessed indeed!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
My own doctor is retiring and In my inquiry and search on Dr. Mitchell, I found her qualifications and reviews to be very good. However, i'm told by her office she does not accept senior citizens and AARP Medicare Complete insurance. Unfortunate!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Mitchell is a very professional and caring doctor! I was able to see her within the time necessary to do my prep for the examination and was in & out of my procedure in a timely fashion. She explained to me the results of the examination verbally and I received a report via the mail in a short amount of time. I appreciate her caring attitude & felt that she sincerely cared for my well being. I will definitely recommend her to both family members & friends.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I was very apprehensive about this procedure as it was my first time. The staff were all very friendly and professional and I felt at ease. I would definitely recommend this clinic to anyone and everyone who recognizes the need to have this invaluable service. I am so relieved that everything turned out well. They even served us specialty coffee following the procedure which sounds like a little thing but was very welcome. Debra Forehand
Colorado Springs, CO |
very easy and very good, all went well, I would recommend to others. Came home and felt great. I like going to a smaller office instead of a hospital setting.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I was very nervous going in but the entire staff and Dr. Mitchell made me feel very comfrtrable from the moment you walk in the door. Everyone is very professional.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Mitchell was very good at answering questions. She was very attentive an kind during the appointment.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Absolutely! Dr. Mitchell was so kind and caring, in a genuine fashion, before and after the procedure. Because of a sibling's history of polyps that I wasn't quite sure of, she asked if there was any way I could contact my sister before she did the procedure and Dr. Mitchell talked to her directly. Amazing! Thorough, knowledgeable and professional.
in Woodland Park, CO |
Professional, friendly, provides detailed information after procedure
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I was made to feel at ease, and I felt confident that Dr. Mitchell would do what is best. I am grateful for the fact that even though I began coughing during the procedure, Dr. Mitchell continued under considerable difficulty. I found this out after the procedure.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
very pleasant experience overall, fresh coffee afterwards was greatly appreciated
in Colorado Springs |
I highly recommend both the facility, the staff and Dr. Mitchell. As a matter of fact I have already recommended all to a friend.
in Penrose, CO |
Dr. Mitchell and her staff were wonderful. Highly recommend her!!!
Colorado Springs, CO |
The whole experience went very well, and the staff was very gracious. Highly recommend this group.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
she listens to what your saying most doctors don't and don't want to. she listened to my history of hospital experience and came up with a practical solution.
in Woodland Park, CO |
I had sent a message to Dr. Mitchell prior to colonoscopy procedure asking for an alternative prep. She got back to me through her PA, and recommended Prepopik, which worked really well for me. Her bedside attitude both before and after the procedure was calm and caring.
Colorado Springs, CO |
She was so nice and made me feel comfortable for a most uncomfortable appointment.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
She's competent and has excellent patient relation skills.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I love her! Even though I only see her every few years, she remembers me! She makes me feel very comfortable and I know I'm in good hands. Thank you Dr. Mitchell!
CS, CO |
No wait time to be seen, all questions answered before and after. I was very comfortable and felt like I was in good hands
in Colorado Springs, CO |
very professional with good bedside manner; efficient and provides patient with complete and understandable report
Friendlinesss, professionalism, knowledgeable.
Thorough, polite and helpful
in Colorado Springs |
Dr Mitchell is very personable and seems to be quite knowledgeable.
in Pueblo, CO |
I felt I was given very personal care during the entire procedure. Dr. Mitchell was caring and careful while discussing my condition.
in Monument, CO |
A colonoscopy is not the most pleasant of procedures. Dr. Mitchell, and the entire staff made me feel comfortable and at ease (as much as you can when waiting for this procedure). Very friendly competent doctor.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Mitchell took the time at a pre-procedure visit, to listen to my concern about having a first time colonoscopy, and was very kind during the procedure as well.
in Colordao Springs, CO |
Everything went quickly and smoothly.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Great listener and she thought outside the box and sorted out a 6 month problem with a good resolve.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Professional, friendly, took time to answer my questions and explain my situation.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
My total experience was great, thank you! The only thing that I would recommend is to be able to print out "The Day Before Instructions". I printed out 24 pages from the instruction section and the page that told me when and what to do did not print. I could see it on the screen, but it would not print, everything else did. I had to hand write instructions so I could be sure to do what I was supposed to. Other than that, it was a very comfortable experience, thanks again!!
Have you seen Dr. Sue Mitchell, MD?
Are you Dr. Mitchell?