Dr. Sudhir Nagaraja, DO

Dr. Sudhir Nagaraja, DO

Psychiatry | Male

Dr. Sudhir Nagaraja, DO is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Fredericksburg, VA. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 14 years.

Dr. Nagaraja's Experience

See how Dr. Nagaraja's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Nagaraja

Dr. Nagaraja accepts 2 insurance carriers

Dr. Nagaraja's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nagaraja to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Nagaraja's Performance
Fredericksburg, VA |
Whatever you do, DO NOT give this man your money. He was rude to me and on top of that he was consistently going up to two hours past the appt time to call me back in for my appt with no apology. Scripts took three weeks for him to put into CVS, three weeks is ridiculous. I ended up in inpatient care at Snowden because he did not put my scripts in and my depression grew and I almost killed myself because of it. There are plenty of great psychiatrists in the area who actually do things right.
in Pearland, TX |
Doesn't keep up with new medications in therapeutic areas in which he prescribes, ie. ADHD. My daughter gets free brand-name medication through her insurance, and he changed her prescription from the free drug, which she was doing GREAT on, to another that was over $200/month. When she was seen again to dispute the change in medication, he refused to switch back to the original drug because "he doesn't know anything about it". His job as a physician is to be educated - beware!
great doctor!
Spotsylvania, VA |
Love him! great doctor who actually seems to care about his patients and not money for once in our healthcare system.
Richmond, VA |
I really enjoy seeing Dr. Nagaraja. He has been professional with me every time I have come for appointments. I have had some low points over the past year and he has made it a point to call me to check in on me even when I do not have appointments that day. I think attributes like that are really important in a psychiatrist.
in Fredericksburg, VA |
Lost medical documents with SSN& my signature.He canceled multiple appointments in a row.He baited and switched me by claiming I could use my insurance for multiple types of procedures & claimed I had to do them in office for CASH ONLY!Never answers his phone.Has some strange relationship with an acupuncturist that he will push on you w/ no option for message/physical therapy.Not empathetic. Rude/condescending.2nd opinion proved insurance wouldn't cover procedure because he isn't doing it right!
in Fredericksburg, VA |
Dr Nagaraja is an excellent doctor. I have been a patient of his for a while and he is always professional and legitimately cares for his patients. There have been many times Dr Nagaraja has called to follow up, as well as, worked me in for an emergency appointment when I have needed one. As a patient, it's not uncommon to sit in the waiting room a little longer than we anticipate however, let's remember, these doctor's have more than one patient they are caring for.
Fredericksburg, VA |
Of course I would recommend Dr Nagaraja to my family and friends considering, I already have! I have been a patient of Dr N's for over a year now, as well as, my teenage daughter and one of my closest friends. He is professional, knowledgable and caring. I am thankful for his expertise and willingness to spend more time during sessions, when needed.
Fredericksburg, Va |
I have always had very pleasant experience with Dr Nagaraja. He is professional, compassionate and I will continue to refer family and friends to his office!
in Fredericksburg, VA |
I found Dr. Nagaraja to be extremely unprofessional with my teenager. He did not show any real concern for my child, was unprepared for each and every visit, asked few questions and rarely acknowledged the responses. He changed medications without talking to either of us and when I questioned him, Dr. Nagaraja lied and said it was discussed and agreed to when it was not, then accused me of interfering when I stood up for my child due to the potentially damaging and unauthorized med change.
in Fredericksburg, VA |
1. Adjusted my prescription without telling me. Then my insurance wouldn't authorize it because of the increase. Dr. Nagaraja was very unpleasant to deal with in trying to fix error. 2. Not family friendly at all. I had my daughter with me, who needed a diaper change. He said I could use the floor of the bathroom, which was sub-par to begin with. 3. I was trying to fill the prescription he wrote. There was an issue with the script. Here No medicine and a week goes by with no help in fixing.
Have you seen Dr. Sudhir Nagaraja, DO?
Are you Dr. Nagaraja?

Compare Dr. Nagaraja

}

Dr. Nagaraja's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Addiction
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Alzheimer's Disease
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Walter Reed Army Medical Center/Uniformed Services University

Completed in 2004

Drexel Hahnemann

Completed in 2012

Dr. Nagaraja does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nagaraja and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

• Chronic Pain Management
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)