Dr. Sudhir Nagaraja, DO

Dr. Sudhir Nagaraja, DO

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Sudhir Nagaraja, DO is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Fredericksburg, VA. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 14 years.

4900 Hood Dr

Fredericksburg, VA 22408

Learn about Dr. Nagaraja

Dr. Nagaraja's Experience

Dr. Nagaraja's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Psychiatry

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Osteopathic Board of Neurology & Psychiatry*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Addiction
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Alzheimer's Disease
  • Schizophrenia
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Chronic Pain Management

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Michigan State University / College Of Osteopathic Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2003
  • Walter Reed Army Medical Center/Uniformed Services University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Drexel Hahnemann
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Nagaraja has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Nagaraja does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nagaraja and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nagaraja's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nagaraja to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Nagaraja's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Alexandria |
This is by far the worst medical practice that I have ever dealt with. They were overcharging me per visit which resulted in a $180 credit that they absolutely refused to refund me. Took 3 days for the Dr to write a prescription after my apt bc the NP couldn't. Called me at 4pm on a Friday to come get it when they close at 5pm and no weekends. Then they said they'd call in the anxiety meds which of course they didn't. Just very unprofessional. If you have anxiety, go somewhere else.
Dr. Nagaraja helped me so much. When I needed medication he was nothing short of wonderful. He is caring, respectful and thorough. He takes his time and listens to all of my concerns and answers all of my questions. I would highly recommend him.
Dr. Nagaraja cares so much about my treatment. He has been more then helpful. I would recommend him to everyone. Amazing doctor. I do not understand the bad reviews on here.
in Potomac, MD |
Worst doctor ever. Raises prices unexpectedly and gives you small doses of medication that force you to come back and pay for extra appointments. Never answers the phone and hardly ever is that his office please go somewhere else.
Arlington, VA |
Rude man, discourteous staff. Other patients were discussing better doctors to visit as I waiting.
Arlington, VA |
ALWAYS late (so be prepared to waste PTO), rude, over-talker, does not listen. Horrible staff that never picks up the phone, leave their office with no one around and patient information left out. Asked for one med suggested by a neuropsychologist, he prescribes 2 others. Was told I could pick up Rx by 5pm, show up at 4:45 and they are closed, come back the next day and wait 1.5 hours, only to have him cop an attitude. Canx all appointments, and he sends a certified mail to waste my time.
Fredericksburg, VA |
Whatever you do, DO NOT give this man your money. He was rude to me and on top of that he was consistently going up to two hours past the appt time to call me back in for my appt with no apology. Scripts took three weeks for him to put into CVS, three weeks is ridiculous. I ended up in inpatient care at Snowden because he did not put my scripts in and my depression grew and I almost killed myself because of it. There are plenty of great psychiatrists in the area who actually do things right.
in Pearland, TX |
Doesn't keep up with new medications in therapeutic areas in which he prescribes, ie. ADHD. My daughter gets free brand-name medication through her insurance, and he changed her prescription from the free drug, which she was doing GREAT on, to another that was over $200/month. When she was seen again to dispute the change in medication, he refused to switch back to the original drug because "he doesn't know anything about it". His job as a physician is to be educated - beware!
Spotsylvania, VA |
Love him! great doctor who actually seems to care about his patients and not money for once in our healthcare system.
Richmond, VA |
I really enjoy seeing Dr. Nagaraja. He has been professional with me every time I have come for appointments. I have had some low points over the past year and he has made it a point to call me to check in on me even when I do not have appointments that day. I think attributes like that are really important in a psychiatrist.
in Fredericksburg, VA |
Lost medical documents with SSN& my signature.He canceled multiple appointments in a row.He baited and switched me by claiming I could use my insurance for multiple types of procedures & claimed I had to do them in office for CASH ONLY!Never answers his phone.Has some strange relationship with an acupuncturist that he will push on you w/ no option for message/physical therapy.Not empathetic. Rude/condescending.2nd opinion proved insurance wouldn't cover procedure because he isn't doing it right!
in Fredericksburg, VA |
Dr Nagaraja is an excellent doctor. I have been a patient of his for a while and he is always professional and legitimately cares for his patients. There have been many times Dr Nagaraja has called to follow up, as well as, worked me in for an emergency appointment when I have needed one. As a patient, it's not uncommon to sit in the waiting room a little longer than we anticipate however, let's remember, these doctor's have more than one patient they are caring for.
Fredericksburg, VA |
Of course I would recommend Dr Nagaraja to my family and friends considering, I already have! I have been a patient of Dr N's for over a year now, as well as, my teenage daughter and one of my closest friends. He is professional, knowledgable and caring. I am thankful for his expertise and willingness to spend more time during sessions, when needed.
Fredericksburg, Va |
I have always had very pleasant experience with Dr Nagaraja. He is professional, compassionate and I will continue to refer family and friends to his office!
in Fredericksburg, VA |
I found Dr. Nagaraja to be extremely unprofessional with my teenager. He did not show any real concern for my child, was unprepared for each and every visit, asked few questions and rarely acknowledged the responses. He changed medications without talking to either of us and when I questioned him, Dr. Nagaraja lied and said it was discussed and agreed to when it was not, then accused me of interfering when I stood up for my child due to the potentially damaging and unauthorized med change.
in Fredericksburg, VA |
1. Adjusted my prescription without telling me. Then my insurance wouldn't authorize it because of the increase. Dr. Nagaraja was very unpleasant to deal with in trying to fix error. 2. Not family friendly at all. I had my daughter with me, who needed a diaper change. He said I could use the floor of the bathroom, which was sub-par to begin with. 3. I was trying to fill the prescription he wrote. There was an issue with the script. Here No medicine and a week goes by with no help in fixing.
Have you seen Dr. Sudhir Nagaraja, DO?
Are you Dr. Nagaraja?