Dr. Sudhir Diwan, MD

Pain ManagementMaleAge 69

Dr. Diwan

Advanced Spine on Park Avenue

115 E 57th St Ste 610 New York, NY 10022

Dr. Sudhir Diwan, MD is a Pain Management Specialist in New York, NY. He is affiliated with Lenox Hill Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Diwan to book an appointment.

Compare with other Pain Management Specialists

Compare Dr. Diwan with our nearby Pain Management Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center.

Make an appointment at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center today at (212) 235-1531.

These providers are on the medical staff of NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center.

Dr. Diwan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Diwan

4.1

5.128205128205129%
20.512820512820515%

Dr. Diwan
Dr. Diwan has been treating me for pain for the past 4 years due to a work-related injury. During my in-person appointments, as well as my virtual appointments, he always makes sure that my current treatment is effective and working as expected. With the information I provide, he adjusts where necessary. Dr. Diwan has given me two PRP injections that have made great improvements and provided me with more mobility on a day-to-day basis. Dr. Diwan also implanted a Medtronics spinal cord stimulator that has helped me enormously. He is highly accessible if there is a need to contact him, and his office staff is wonderful as well. I would (and have) recommended him to people looking for help in the pain-management area.
May 26, 2021
I’ve been a patient of Dr. Diwan for almost 20 years. He reduced my pain from a severe case of endometriosis with adenomyosis, combined with a compressed disc, when other doctors and surgeons had no success. I was being given an assortment of pain meds but with little instruction on use. Dr. Diwan helped me reduce my pain with fewer and safer medicines. He keeps ahead of new studies/ideas/strategies/medicines and ensures that his patients can continue to safely keep up with their careers, family and social lives, and live a life in control of pain. When pain controls you, your abilities are limited. I’m very grateful to Dr. Diwan for allowing me to control my pain and keep active!
Julie S. – Jan 27, 2021
I am a long standing patient of Dr. Diwan and have had several pain issues. As a doctor, he always has a plan and offers new and innovative treatments. He does all this while still offering empathy to his patients. During the pandemic, the office had plans in place for continuity of care while keeping patients safe. Dr. Diwan and his whole staff are wonderful! I would highly recommend them. Valerie H- Patient of 20+ years
Valerie H. – Jan 26, 2021
I had severe lower right quadrant pain. As soon as I informed Dr. Diwan about my pain, he knew exactly what procedure to do. Dr. Diwan performed an abdominal nerve block, and it was a great success. I would certainly recommend Dr. Diwan. I have known Dr. Diwan for almost 10 years and he has never disappointed me. He has always helped. His staff is amazing. And he’s available 24/7 no matter what you need. He’s an A+++++
Jan 19, 2021
I visited Dr. Sudhir Diwan’s office approximately 4 times over the past two years with a diagnosis of deteriorating disc disease. Dr. Diwan is outstanding for his exceptional knowledge and extensive experience, for his generosity in patiently and thoroughly answering all my questions, for putting me at ease with each procedure, and for creating a professional and welcoming atmosphere. His warm smile and can-do attitude not only reassure but inspire hope. His staff is pleasant and supportive. Each visit has been effective in relieving pain and informing me of options. I experienced immediate relief with 3 epidural procedures and had long term success with my one PRP—platelet rich plasma therapy—treatment. I am now considering stem cell therapy. I highly recommend Dr. Diwan to anyone needing alleviation of pain due to spinal degeneration, arthritis, or restricted mobility of any type. Trust you will receive the best of treatment in the most capable hands with the finest expertise.
D. M. – Jan 12, 2021
Very personable and knowledgeable. Absolutely love Dr. Diwan! You will not be disappointed.
Raquel M. – Jan 12, 2021
Decades of managing degenerative spine issues were finally better managed utilizing PRP and stem cells. Almost exactly a year since the first treatment for lower spine and all is holding up. Had to do my part with fitness and mindful posture—but can do more with less discomfort.
F. S. – Jan 11, 2021
He is carrying wery good for me all the time when I visit him
Gazmend R. – Dec 11, 2020
Degenerative arthritis of my spine has necessitated epidural steroid injections. The skill, understand, and kindness showed by Dr. Diwan and his staff have been superb. There is always concerned knowledgeable follow-up. I unreservedly recommend Advanced Spine. Margaret P. 11:10:2020
Nov 11, 2020
I’ve been with Dr. Diwan for almost 17 years from when I first got injured. He is always willing to take the time to listen and try and come up with the best plan to take(and fight with the insurance). I have had epidurals, radio frequency, nerve blocks to help with the pain. Some working better then others due to my complex injury. We put a spinal cord stimulator for my neck pain back in 2009. That was life changing as far as cutting out a huge amount of my medications. Medications wise Dr Diwan has always been attentive to my needs but never willing to just hand out pills. He’s always looking to deal with things interventionally if possible and keep the meds to amount. Dr Diwan and his staff are top notch and have become like and extended family. I always recommend him to whoever needs help with their pain.
Jason C. – Nov 10, 2020
I have been a patient of Dr Diwan’s for many years and for many different pain issues including post and pre surgical procedures. He is my all time favorite doctor who Has literally saved my life. I am completely free of Pain and I am Active as I have ever been thanks to Dr DIWAN!!!!
Helena C. – Nov 02, 2020
My experience with Dr. Diwan is one that has been a very triumphant experience , Dr. Diwan's hospitality and knowledge in spine and pain management is comforting ,he makes it his personal interest to ask questions in extensive details not just on you initial visit questionnaires but more into depth on each visit . Dr. Diwan game plans and discusses every diagnosis and the best options suitable for the actions that he think should be taken. From my 1st visit with Dr. Diwan almost 10 years ago he's given me nothing but the best of his abilities and my experience from then till now is nothing less then STUPENDOUS.
Paul G. – Oct 27, 2020
They were great
Linton B. – Jul 08, 2020
The appointment was right on time. Very professional.
Elias C. – Jul 02, 2020
Dr. Diwan asked me how I was feeling and after describing my pain, he recommended a steroid injection. However, since I am not comfortable going into NYC I opted for physical therapy. I am 72 years old wit RA and colitis. Dr. Diwan was fine with my decision and will be following up with him in a month. He also agreed to give me pain medication given the level of pain.
L. D. – Jul 01, 2020
Excellent
Viviane M. – Jul 01, 2020
Dr. Diwan is an excellent diagnostician. He cares about his patients and has perfected some of the latest pain management procedures & techniques. He uses his wealth of knowledge to meet the patient's needs. When a leading Neurosurgeon could no longer help me, Dr. Diwan was able to address a very serious spine problem with fantastic results. Thanks to him I am leading a very active life.
May 06, 2020
Very Thorough and Compassionate
J. P. – Mar 10, 2020
Dr. Diwan helped me through a debilitating bout of sciatica. He recommended treatment that was cautious and also kept a close eye on how I was progressing. And I'm so glad his practice offers sedation for the steroid epidurals! The experience with Dr. Diwan was smooth and I always felt like I could reach out to him directly if I needed him.
Anonymous – Mar 10, 2020
pleasant
Edward B. – Mar 10, 2020

How was your experience with Dr. Diwan?

Dr. Diwan, nationally and internationally recognized as a key opinion leader in the field of pain management. Dr. Diwan was the Director of the Tri-Institutional...Read more

Dr. Sudhir Diwan, MD, DABIPP serves as an Executive Director of Advanced Spine on Park Avenue. He is board certified in pain medicine and anesthesiology.

• Pain Management