Dr. Stuart Gardner, MD

Dr. Stuart Gardner, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Stuart Gardner, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Blacksburg, VA. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 38 years. Dr. Gardner is affiliated with LewisGale Hospital - Montgomery.

LewisGale Physicians

809 Davis St Ste 2

Blacksburg, VA 24060

• CHAMPVA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medicare
  • Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care)

Learn about Dr. Gardner

I perform nonsurgical & surgical treatment of problems with the bones and joints. These problems are often related to arthritis or trauma with or without fracture of a bone. I have particular interest in total joint replacement, including hip, knee and shoulder replacement. I greatly enjoy interacting with my patients. I enjoy my work very much and I strive at all times to treat my patients the way that I would like myself and my family to be treated.

Video

Dr. Gardner's Experience

Dr. Gardner's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Broken Arm
  • Dislocated Joint
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hip Fracture

• Partial Shoulder Replacement
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Geneva College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1975
  • Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
    Medical School | Graduated 1979
  • Wright State Univ
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Wright State U
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1984

Dr. Gardner has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gardner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gardner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gardner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gardner to family and friends
Dr. Gardner's Performance
in Check, VA |
Dr Gardner is a kind caring doctor. He is concerned when there are any problems and immediately corrects them. I know that any of my friends would be very satisfied with Dr Gardner's health care.
in Bland County Va |
My husband and I think that Dr Gardner is great. Such a nice person and a talented physician. He explains what is needed so well. We recommend him to anyone. Everryone in his office is so nice and helpful. They reflect Dr. Gardner's personality. Guess we all know that if the office staff is not polite you might need a different doctor
Christiansburg, VA |
He did a wonderful job on my hip replacement so far it has been doing well.
in Christiansburg, VA |
Dr. Gardner was highly recommended to me by my friends and associates and after two total hip replacements I can say that he has lived up to his reputation. I found Dr. Gardner to be very professional, caring, and compassionate. He took time to answer all of my questions and treated me with respect. He has a great staff that reflect his attributes. I recommend Dr. Gardner without reservation.
in Check, Va |
Dr Gardner has performed total knee replacement (2016) and this year (2017) total hip replacement on me. Both surgeries were extremely successful. I was able to start walking and doing exercise right away and my movements became easier each day. Dr Gardner is an excellent surgeon and a caring doctor.
in Radford, VA |
My office visit with Dr, Stuart Gardner was a very positive experience. Office staff was friendly and helpful. Dr. Gardner's nurse was patient with my inability to move promptly. She was pleasant and efficient in preparing me for my visit with Dr. Gardner. Dr. Gardner made me feel comfortable and at ease in talking about my health problems. I felt he was genuinely interested in helping me to get better. He reviewed the issues causing my problems and discussed the options available to help me
in Hillsville, VA |
I would recommend Dr. Gardner to anyone who needs a great Dr. I had 2 knee replacements done by Dr. Gardner and he took great care of me.
Dublin, VA |
I heard several very good comments about his work and his personal care and bedside manner.
in Christiansburg VA |
Dr. Gardner is not only a good doctor but physician as well. I have had the chance for him to perform two surgeries on me; right ankle ligament repair and a left knee scope. Recoveries have been wonderful.
Virginia Beach, VA |
I recently had hip replacement surgery. I would just like to say that the staff at your office is wonderful! Everyone who was involved in my care - the doctors, and nurses.
in Bluefield, va |
I have been to many hospitals and had many surgeons see me, but Dr. Gardner is by far the absolute best. He has a wonderful bedside manner, he cares about the patient as a person and not just a number. He called me at home after surgery. His staff is professional and all are very nice. I highly recommend Dr. Gardner! Even though hip replacements are tough, I'm honestly looking forward to having my other hip done by Dr. Gardner in November!!
in Bluefield, WV |
I would highly recommend Dr. Gardner and his services to others. He has expressed much care, compassion and dedication in his work. Prior to surgery, he was patient and thorough with any questions I had. I am now two weeks post-op from having an anterior approach total hip replacement; recovering well. I have been very pleased with my experience... thank you Dr. Gardner and staff!
in Pulaski, VA |
He was compassionate, confident, encouraging, and made the surgery almost totally pain free for me. . I would highly recommend his service to anyone. A very skilled surgeon.
Blacksburg, VA |
Dr. Gardner is a great doctor. He is a skilled surgeon and always answers my questions. He has done one knee replacement for me and is treating one of my hip joints. I am 69 years old and still lead an active lifestyle. Without the expertise of Dr. Gardner I would still be limping around. Thanks Dr. Gardner.
in Christiansburg, VA |
I think my knee has been ruined by Dr. Gardner. He first gave me a scope which caused pain and didn't work, and now I'm 15 months post total knee replacement and my knee is still in terrible pain and I'm still in physical therapy for it. It seems like it will never be right. He also doesn't care and won't do any tests to find out what's wrong. He insists there is NOTHING wrong and told me to get a second opinion if I want tests. He seems like the nicest man until after surgery. Then he's uncarin
in Radford, Va. |
Very nice and caring doctor. He did the surgery to repair my broken hip. Before surgery and after surgery he came several times to check on me. I felt very much in good hands. Results of surgery could have not been better.
Have you seen Dr. Stuart Gardner, MD?
Are you Dr. Gardner?

Visit Dr. Gardner

Dr. Gardner accepts 14 insurance carriers
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield POS
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
    Federal Employee Program
  • CHAMPVA
    Carelink PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medicare
    Medicare Advantage PFFS
  • Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care)
    Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care) HMO