Dr. Stuart Ball, MD

Dr. Stuart Ball, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Stuart Ball, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Mobile, AL. He is 65 years old and has been practicing for 39 years.

2880 Dauphin St

Mobile, AL 36606

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Ball

See how frequently Dr. Ball performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Glaucoma
Glaucoma Surgery
Trichiasis
high

Dr. Ball's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Blind Hypertensive Eye
  • Cataract
  • Chalazion
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Glaucoma Surgery
  • Ocular Prosthetics
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Scleral Reinforcement Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• Medical University Of South Carolina
    Medical School | Graduated 1978
  • University Tex Affil Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1979
  • La State University Eye Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1982
  • New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1983

Dr. Ball has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ball does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ball and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ball's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ball to family and friends
Dr. Ball's Performance
MOBILE |
Very high
Castleberry, AL |
Been using Dr. Ball, for approximately 15 years; very thorough with tests & exams; someone you can talk with & understand.
Mobile, AL |
Dr. Ball has kept my glaucoma under control for twenty or so years. My treatment has consisted of periodic exams including internal eye pressure checks, vision field mapping and retinal nerve photos. My pressures have been controlled with the use of eye drops daily and once with laser eye treatment to improve fluid drainage to lower internal eye pressure. Dr. Ball is caring, very informative and answers any questions freely.
Mobile, AL |
I have an annual visit with Dr. Ball and feel he is very thorough and I trust him. He treated my mother for glaucoma a number of years and her vision was preserved under his care.
in Mobile, AL |
Dr. Ball is an outstanding physician, and very thorough in his patient care. His number one priority is each patient's well being. Sometimes a little bit reserved in his personality, but is a genuinely good man and excellent physician. I personally enjoy asking him for updates on his University of Virginia Cavaliers?
in Mobile, AL |
I have known Dr. Ball for years. He has cared for my eyes since before I developed diabetes. He also did a great job on my cataract surgery. He is completely competent, and he takes the necessary to listen to and address your concerns. I would recommend him to anyone.
Theodore, AL |
Dr. Ball has treated my glaucoma for several years. He has treated it aggressively and effectively. Waiting time is reasonable.
in Theodore, AL |
Dr. Ball explained in detail about my cataract surgery. He advised how my eyesight would improve and also explained the advantages of the Toric lens option. How every he was not too pushy about it and left it entirely up to me. After researching the pros and cons I opted for the additional torc lens and I am exceedingly happy I did.
Mobile, AL |
Dr. Ball has helped me with many problems. He is efficient and capable in my encounters with him.
I have seen dr ball for 12 years and highly recommend him
in Fairhope, AL |
Dr. Ball is an excellent Opththalmologist always doing his best taking care of my eyes. He is kind, considerate, a good listener, and gives clear directions for necessary treatment or surgery. I trust him completely with the care of my eyes.
Mobile, Ala. |
I was very pleased with the care and results of the surgery done by Dr. Ball. I cannot say how happy that I am with having my sight so improved that I do not have to be depend on glasses. The entire staff is to be commended.
in Moss Point, MS |
Dr Ball has always clearly exlained diagnosis and treatment plans. I have been well pleased with his demeanor and knowledge
Mobile, AL |
Dr Ball provided cataract surgery a few years ago and I see him yearly now. I think he is very thorough and detailed.
Saraland, AL |
First time I saw Dr. Ball was an emergency. He had taken care of my eyes for several years now and I wouldn't go to anyone else. I highly recommend him!
in Waynesboro, MS |
Dr. Ball has an air of confidence and knowledge about him that made a difficult diagnosis easier to accept. I've not had to make an urgent appointment to date.
in Mobile, AL |
I feel very comfortable with him. He does not rush with his examination and explains things that may have changed since my last visit.
in Fairhope, AL |
Excellent doctor. I recommend him to anyone who needs professional eye care. I have been with him a number of years now and he has always been excellent.
in Ocean Springs, MS |
I was referred to Dr. Ball my regular ophthalmologist, and he has successfully treated my glaucoma for the past two years. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
in Mobile, AL |
I learned about Dr. Ball from friends, all of whom highly recommended him. He is very personable, though a man of few words, so it's important to bring any questions you might have to him.
Mobile, AL |
Dr. Ball is thorough with a very pleasant demeanor. He is conservative with treatment, but is careful to provide complete care to alleviate your eye problems.
in Mobile, AL |
Have glaucoma and cataracts. Dr. Ball is very professional and caring. Staff is great.
in Fairhope, AL |
By far the most skillful, knowledgeable ophthalmologist I have ever used. My experience has only been excellent in every way. Wonderful and caring technical staff.
in Mobile, AL |
I have to go every 6 months for diabetic eye exam! Just went for laser surgery for pressure and have the other eye tomorrow! Always courteous the staff. The wait is never long. And everyone in my family uses Dr. Ball. We love DR. BALL. Always takes time to answer any questions!
in Mobile AL |
Seen for glaucoma. Very patient in explaining procedures. Great clinical knowledge
Have you seen Dr. Stuart Ball, MD?
Are you Dr. Ball?