Dr. Stewart Kerr, MD

Dr. Stewart Kerr, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Stewart Kerr, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Wenatchee, WA. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Read his story

520 N Chelan Ave

Wenatchee, WA 98801

• AvMed
  • First Choice Health
  • Group Health Cooperative

Learn about Dr. Kerr

See how frequently Dr. Kerr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spondylosis
Herniated Disc Surgery
Fracture

Dr. Kerr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Kerr's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Kerr "Stewart M. Kerr, MD is a board certified, fellowship trained surgeon sub-specializing both in Spine Surgery (including neck/cervical) and Orthopaedic Fracture Trauma Surgery. "I am highly interested & experienced in treating complex neck & spinal disorders, including cervical myelopathy, tumors and neck / back fractures. When appropriate, I offer cervical disk replacement as an alternative to neck fusion. I also thoroughly enjoy helping patients requiring fracture stabilization / reconstructive surgery". A decorated U.S. Navy Veteran, Dr. Kerr has extensive combat surgical experience. He deployed overseas in both the Afghanistan & Iraq conflicts in addition to the Persian Gulf and Somalia crises of the 1990s. Prior to attending medical school, Dr. Kerr worked for 8 years in Naval Special Warfare after matriculating and graduating with BUD/S class 136. Previous assignments have included the Portsmouth Comprehensive Spine Center in Virginia and academic teaching faculty for residents at Naval Medical Centers in Portsmouth and San Diego. He is AO Spine faculty and has published numerous papers, textbook chapters and has lectured internationally. Dr. Kerr volunteers with the National Ski Patrol and as a Diving / Hyperbaric Medical Officer. He additionally is active with area Veteran's Organizations. Doctor Kerr is a passionate educator and health coach; —"I strive for superior outcomes and try to care for people as if they're family". He enjoys discussing (evidence-based) treatment options so that patients may choose management that best fits their health goals & needs... When time and scheduling allow, Stewart and his wife Karen enjoy skiing, scuba diving and adventure travel. "

This content was provided by Dr. Kerr ""MANAGE PATIENTS LIKE YOU WOULD IF FAMILY""

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Bone Cancer
  • Broken Arm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Ear Disorders
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epilepsy
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Elbow Replacement
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Excision of Tibia or Fibula
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Synvisc® Injection
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • Naval Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Naval Medical Center San Diego
  • Thomas Jefferson University (Neurosurgical and Ortho Spine Surgery)
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Ucsf Fresno
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Department Of Defense Tropical Medicine Course
  • Naval Undersea Medical Institute
  • U.S. Navy Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Kerr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kerr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kerr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kerr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kerr to family and friends
Dr. Kerr's Performance
in East Wenatchee, WA |
Thank you so much Dr. Kerr. I feel blessed by having successful fusion neck surgery last Nov.10, 2017. I was so scary when I got the notice about the surgery, but you explained me clearly the risks and benefits about that and also showed the evidences of the need. The day of the procedure you make me feel very confortable because you showed compassion and professionalism to me and my family. Thanks for the follow up after the surgery. We need more profesional of health like you! God bless you!
Seattle, WA |
Worst Doctor ever I would never recommend him especially if u have PTSD
in Ephrata, WA |
Dr Kerr is a caring and professional doctor. My neck fusion surgery was very successful and the pain and pressure in my right arm totally went away as soon as I woke up following my surgery. I would definitely recommend him as a surgeon.
in Bridgeport, WA |
Highly recommend Dr. Kerr. Very thorough in explaining every aspect of surgery. Father is really happy with outcome of surgery.
in peshastin, wa |
i consider Dr. Kerr a miracle worker. The pain in my back and numbness in my leg made it almost impossible to walk. After a few consults with him I had back surgery. When I left the hospital I had no pain except the healing process. I have been able to return to my activities. He is a very caring and concerned doctor. It would be awful if he left. Please do all you can to keep him in the valley.
in East Wenatchee, WA |
TEN+ STARS!! Dr. Kerr gave me my life back.He performed a 4 1/2 hr cervical surgery, both anterior and posterior with plate/rods and bone grafts. A few months later he performed another 4 hr surgery on my lumbar spine with a fusion and grafting, etc. I trusted Dr. Kerr with my life, & he didn't disappoint. He is very caring and professional and takes your pain and complaints seriously. If he can put our soldiers back to together, he's the surgeon for me. God Bless this man and his hands.
in Wenatchee, WA |
I suddenly developed serious leg pain and drop foot. My primary physician referred me to Dr. Kerr who quickly identified my problem and laid out a course of treatment that involved surgery. It has been one year since Dr. Kerr performed two back surgeries to correct my back issues. The results are that I am in no pain and my life and activities are back to normal. I feared having back surgery but Dr. Kerr did an incredible job. I would recommend him to anyone having back issues.
in Wenatchee, WA |
An excellent communicator who always attends to your immediate issues without mitigating the severity of your diagnosis. Understands the need of patients to return to a lifestyle of their choosing. His ability as a clinician and surgeon is outstanding---based on my experience and that of another patient who recommended Dr. Kerr to me.
in Wenatchee, WA |
I was hesitant to do back surgery. Dr. Kerr explained with clarity how he could fix the problem and eliminate the pain. He was right, after surgery, I am back to my normal active routine without the pain. He also took the time I needed to answer all my questions before I agreed to the surgery. I am pleased with my decision and Dr Kerr performing the surgery.
in TONASKET, WA 98855 |
Dr Kerr respected my 90yo mother's request for back surgery to improve her mobility and reduce her pain. After cardiology okay, he did a very extensive surgery of decompression L spine up to L2 and basically bolted a section together. My mother is 2 weeks out from surgery and is so happy and pleased with the results. He basically kept her from having to go to a nursing home and has restored her ability to be independent!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
in Wenatchee, WA |
I would recommend him to anyone and have. He does a excellent job. after my procedure Iam back to how I was in my 20's before my injury on my lower back. I have zero pain and do everything I could before.
in Wenatchee, WA |
Dr. Kerr will go the extra mile to diagnose what is causing you trouble and then discuss and recommend options to remedy the problem. He listens to your concerns and input and does not talk down to you. I really believe that he treats his patient like he would if they were family. As well as being a truly brilliant and gifted surgeon, he is a decent and caring human being.
in Riverside, WA |
I had spine and sciatica pain for 5 years. I lived in Houston and went to several doctors. Every one of the doctors wanted to do a procedure that my insurance would not cover. I moved to WA to take care of my Dad. My doctor here, Dr. Weston (wonderful) recommended Dr. Kerr. Dr. Kerr performed the surgery and I walked out without pain the next day!!! I will always be thankful for Dr. Kerr!!! AND ... my insurance covered his procedure :o) I would give him 10 stars!!! Thank you, again!
Wenatchee Wa |
He is a great surgeon. I had a two level back surgery and was very satisfied with my care. I had gotten a second opinion from a more week known doctor but decided that Dr. Kerr's plan for my back seemed better suited for my long term goals.
in Moses Lake, WA |
You walk away from your appointment knowing he wants to help you and he can help you. If you let him he will help you, his skill is some of the best I ever seen.
Have you seen Dr. Stewart Kerr, MD?
Are you Dr. Kerr?