Dr. Steven Zielinski, MD

Neurological Spine Surgery | Male

Texas Spine & Neurosurgery 1000 W State Highway 6 Ste 430 Waco, TX 76712 Get Directions
Dr. Steven Zielinski, MD

Dr. Steven Zielinski, MD is a neurological spine surgery doctor who practices in Waco, TX. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Zielinski is affiliated with Parkview Regional Hospital, Coryell Memorial Healthcare System, Limestone Medical Center, Seton Medical Center Harker Heights, Cuero Community Hospital, Navarro Regional Hospital, Hill Regional Hospital, Palestine Regional Medical Center, Ennis Regional Medical Center, The Hospital at Westlake Medical Center, Metroplex Hospital, Palo Pinto General Hospital, Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital and Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Cleburne.

...See Less

Dr. Zielinski's Care Philosophy

Texas Spine and Neurosurgery is a neurosurgical practice which specializes in the coordination of both surgical and conservative treatment options. We treat herniated discs, spinal stenosis, radiculopathy, spondylolisthesis, spondylosis, pars defects, spinal fractures, back pain, neck pain, carpal tunnel, and many other disorders of the spine and nerves. We are skilled in the use of both microsurgical and minimally invasive procedures on the neck and back, as well as more complicated procedures. At Texas Spine and Neurosurgery we can also do lumbar, thoracic, and cervical discectomies, laminectomies, and fusions. In order to ensure quality, all our partners which provide operative locations must meet our strict standards for excellence. Whenever possible, conservative treatment options are always considered before surgery. Above all, our philosophy allows and encourages patients to try the least invasive treatment before progressing to more invasive therapies.

Dr. Zielinski's Experience

See how Dr. Zielinski's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Zielinski

Dr. Zielinski accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Zielinski is now accepting new patients
Texas Spine and Neurosurgery Waco1000 W State Highway 6 Ste 430
Waco, TX 76712
(254) 732-3987Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 14 hospitals where Dr. Zielinski has admitting privileges.

Dr. Zielinski's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zielinski to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Zielinski's Performance
in copperas cove, tx |
I'm very pleased with the care and compassion Dr. Zielinski, his staff, and the Coryell Hospital medical team have provided me and my Family. I have recommended Dr. Zielinski to my primary physician when referring patients needing such intricate, and detailed spinal care. I will continue to refer Dr. Zielinski and his team to all I come in contact with.
in Killeen, TX |
He is very good at what he does.
Woodway, TX |
Dr. Z and his staff are amazing. Highly recommended!
in Victoria, TX |
Dr. Zielinski was very nice and down to earth. Previously I had to go to San Antonio to see someone about by back. Now he is in Victoria and he said I could do everything I needed near by. This make life easier for me because I really can't drive far because of my back. So far the pain is much better.
in Victoria Texas |
Dr. Zielinski is a very good man. He helped me with my neck. I wish I had good to him sooner but my regular doctor sent me to someone else first. The surgery went very well and I am back at work. His office staff was very friendly too.
Victoria, Tx |
I was really impressed by how much time he spent with me and how much he went over with me. His office staff was great!
Leander, TX |
Dr. Z is very professional and gave me all the stuff I needed to know about my back. I was thinking I was going to need an operation but he fixed me up without it.
Temple, TX |
Dr Zielinski did not seem very concerned while listening to me explain the issues I have with my back. He continued to only suggest physical therapy or medications, of which I have tried several different times. I have been taking pain medications several years now and would love to not have to continue with them. I have degenerative discs along with herniated discs. He also suggested that my pain shouldn't be bad according to my x-rays. Very disappointing appointment.
in Brownsville, TX |
He saved my hands. I was going to lose my hands and then he fixed my neck. Hes also very easy to talk to.
in Woodway, TX |
Honest, up front and didn't keep me waiting! I plan to continue my care with him.
in Cleburne, tx |
He is a great doctor and really helped me. Now on top of it all I heard he is a university professor. He obviously knows what he is doing and that's why I picked him.
palestine, tx |
He is very good and explains explains stuff well. I went to his web pages and saw the artificial disc he made. Wow!
in Palestine, tx |
He has made my life so much better. I'm glad I went to see him.
Mexia, TX |
He really does what he says he is going to do and does not beat around the bush.
TX |
He is very good and I did not have to travel to see him. His staff comes with him everywhere he goes. I wish more doctors would do that.
in Lorenna, TX |
He does great work and I was seen quickly in his office. I have nothing but good things to say about him and his staff.
in Ft Worth, TX |
I should have seen Dr. Z much sooner. I had back problems for years and he was able to deal with my back quickly. Whoever says you don't get better after back surgery is wrong and should see this doctor instead.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Zielinski is very professional. I visited his office and I was impressed by both him and his staff.
in harker heights, tx |
He was really kind and explained things well. I decided to wait on surgery and he did not push me.
in waco, Texas |
He was very kind and took time with me. I have trouble understanding but he helped me.
Dallas, TX |
I have seen him several times. He is really nice to deal with.
in mexia, TX |
He helped me! He explained things and his office staff were very friendly. I wish I had been referred to him first.
in West Columbia, TX |
I first met Dr Z back in 2008, he was my 2nd opinion & I was SO GLAD I went! He is the kind of doctor who sits & talks with you, makes sure you are both on the same page, & answers any & all questions you may have. He NEVER ONCE RUSHED me, he made me feel like he'd sit in there all day with me every time I went into see him too!! His bedside manner is one of the BEST I've ever had too! He put my back, back together & if it hadn't been for him I KNOW I'd be paralyzed to this very day!
Waco, TX |
Did a real good job on my spinal fusion surgery, and took the time and to make sure I was healing properly. Also his Co workers made sure everything was covered by my insurance before they ordered any medication or bone stimulater.
in waco, tx |
He is a very nice guy and easy to talk to. He fixed me up quick and now i am back at work. I was only off for 8 weeks.
in Glength Rose, Tx |
Dr. Z performed an L-Spine fusion on me in May 2016. I couldn't be happier with my results. When I went into his office I could barely walk. He and his staff worked efficiently and quickly to diagnose my problem. Surgery was done at the Cleburne Hospital which deserves accolades as well. I am 2 months postOp and I have absolutely no pain. I can't thank him and his staff enough for their professionalism and care I've received. This has changed my life and I absolutely recommend him!
in Waco, TX |
I had a cervical fusion done in March 2016. Wonderful experience. Dr. Zielinski explains everything to you and I have had no problems. I would highly recommend him for a neurosurgeon.
in Waco, TX |
Dr. Zielinski is a wonderful neurosurgeon. He did a cervical spinal fusion on me and I have had absolutely no problems. He explained everything to me and I had no surprises. I highly recommend him.
in Woodway, TX |
I found Dr. Zielinski to be smart, kind and very knowledgeable. My surgery went flawlessly and I'm back at Zumba again!
in Woodway, TX |
Top notch. Dr. Z operated on me 8 days ago. I am very happy with the way he did the surgery, spoke with me and my family. Follow up seems to be great so far.
in Groesbeck, TX |
You can tell by the way he explains things that he is good with people. He takes his time to explain things and answer questions in plain, easy to understand terms. Takes his time with his patients so wait time is a little high at the Waco office at times.
Very nice first visit. Until after surgery is done(an he gets money). Look else where for another dr. Wish had less than 1 star.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Zielinski, MD?
Are you Dr. Zielinski?

Compare Dr. Zielinski

Dr. Zielinski's Care Philosophy

Texas Spine and Neurosurgery is a neurosurgical practice which specializes in the coordination of both surgical and conservative treatment options.  We treat herniated discs, spinal stenosis, radiculopathy, spondylolisthesis, spondylosis, pars defects, spinal fractures, back pain, neck pain, carpal tunnel, and many other disorders of the spine and nerves. We are skilled in the use of both microsurgical and minimally invasive procedures on the neck and back, as well as more complicated procedures. At Texas Spine and Neurosurgery we can also do lumbar, thoracic, and cervical discectomies, laminectomies, and fusions. In order to ensure quality, all our partners which  provide operative locations must meet our strict standards for excellence. Whenever possible, conservative treatment options are always considered before surgery. Above all, our philosophy allows and encourages patients  to  try  the least invasive treatment before progressing to more invasive therapies.

Dr. Zielinski's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurological Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

• J.W. McConnell Award Top 5% of Medical Class, 1993
    • Money Magazine; Ranked First in Back & Neck Surgery on West Coast of the U.S.A., 2003
    • Dean's List, McGill University, 1990-1995
    • Pratt & Whitney Schalarship, GPA of 3.5+, 1990-1994

Dr. Zielinski has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Zielinski's Board Certifications

• Neurosurgery

• Arthritis of the Spine
  • Back Disorders
  • Back Injuries
  • Back Strain
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cervical Disc Degeneration

McGill University Faculty of Medicine

Graduated in 1995

Stanford University

Completed in 2002

Dr. Zielinski does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zielinski and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurological Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Neurological Spine Surgery
  • Neurosurgery

• Complex Spine Surgery
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laparoscopic Spine Surgery