Dr. Steven Zelicof, MD

Not Accepting

Dr. Steven Zelicof, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Specialty Orthopedics 600 Mamaroneck Ave Ste 101, Harrison, NY 10528 Get Directions

Dr. Zelicof specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in Harrison, NY. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Zelicof? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Zelicof's Experience

See how Dr. Zelicof's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Zelicof

Dr. Zelicof accepts 38 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Zelicof has admitting privileges.

Dr. Zelicof's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zelicof to family and friends
Dr. Zelicof's Performance
in Ossining, NY |
Dr. Zelicof is more than just a top surgeon, he is a compassionate person that truly cares about his patients. He kept me fully informed on every phase of the procedure to be done and what to expect afterward. He and his staff assisted me in every thing that need to be done before and after the surgery including getting me into the rehab facility I wanted to go to. They took care of everything. I can not say enough about the excellent care I received from the nursing staff while under his care.
in Eastchester, NY |
From the first call made for a consultation to the post op care for a total knee replacement, I have been very happy and pleased with the care and professionalism shown to me. Total success with the operation. Thank you
in Port Chester, NY |
Dr. Zelicof and his staff made me feel very comfortable. Everything was explained and I would highly recommend him and his office.
in Harrison, NY |
I recently had bi-lateral knee replacement surgery done by Dr. Zelicof. To say I was scared is an under-statement. But I shouldn't have worried as he is incredible. He is absolutely the best in his field. Don't hesitate if you need a Dr for knees. Surgery was done at Montefiore New Rochelle & staff on 3N is fantastic. Inpatient rehab was at United Hebrew, for 2 weeks. All Burke trained physical therapists are great. 4 weeks from surgery & I am progressing at an above average pace.
in Toronto, ON |
Dr. Zelicof is the orthopedic surgeon who has provided consistently excellent care to my wife, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law, and me. Each of us have been thoroughly pleased with the way he (and his competent and caring staff) addressed our concerns (pre and post operatove) and with the medical care we received. I have had 2 procedures, the last being hip arthroplasty. My family and I recommend Dr. Zelicof wholeheartedly and we will engage his services for any orthopedic care.
in Poughquag NY |
I would recommend Dr. Zelicof highly. He preformed two knee replacements on me and I couldn't be happier with the results. His assist Courtney was is top notch as well. They make a great team.
in Bronx, NY |
I HAD DOUBLE KNEE REPLACEMENTS WITH Dr. ZELICOF, BEING A BIG CHICKEN, HE MADE ME FEEL AT EASE AND RELAXED !! THE SURGERIES WENT SMOOTH, EASY AND SURPRISINGLY, I HAVE HAD ONLY MODERATE / LOW PAIN !! I WAS UP AND WALKING WITHIN HOURS OF SURGERY, I WAS EVEN ABLE TO TAKE MYSELF TO THE RESTROOM THE SAME NIGHT !! THE STAFF WAS GREAT AND THE DOCTOR, HIMSELF, WAS IN TO SEE ME ON SUNDAY, THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HIM :-)
in Valhalla, NY |
Dr Zelicof performed a total hip replacement (left side) on March 8 at Westchester Medical Center. I was back at work 3 weeks later on March 30. I had mild pain the first night after the surgery. After that, the only time I had any pain was during physical therapy, which is to be expected, and it was minimal. Dr Zelicof and his staff are excellent communicators. They take the time to educate you and answer your questions fully. I highly recommend him!
in Ryebrook, NY |
I'm an OR nurse for 43 years and have known Dr. Zelicof since 1991. He remains much the same today as he did back then. Knowledgeable, professional, personable, caring, and most important, conservative. He is continually expanding his knowledge base in state of the art procedures and products. However, he will not perform a surgery simply because it is "current" and not in the best interest of a patient. His philosophy carries over to his staff to ensure a team approach in outstanding care.
Scarsdale, NY |
Dr. Zelicof and his staff took very good care of me both at the Specialty Orthopaedics office, as well as at the Joint Solutions wing at Montefiore New Rochelle hospital. My experience was excellent. The staff was caring, extremely competent and very professional.
Scarsdale, NY |
A top level experience having a Zelicof hip replacement! Excellent surgeon, caring and professional staff, and first class facilities at his special unit in Montefiore New Rochelle. Absolutely nothing negative to report, all positive. Definitely likely to recommend Dr. Zelicof and his team.
in New City, NY |
Dr. Z has replaced both my knees. That is recommendation enough. He is not only an expert at this but always compassionate and upbeat about the outcome. Both surgeries have been a total success and if you are as active as I am you really want him to bring back your lifestyle. I am able to play tennis both singles and doubles 5 to 6 times a week, ski, suba and hike and bike and live my life as if I had two biological knees.
in New Rochelle, N Y |
An Excellent Surgeon. I have and will continue to recommend him to family and friends.
in Bronx, NY |
I did a total knee replacement with him.Surgery went well and staff at his floor at Montifiore New Rochelle were excellent.Completely satisfied with Dr.Zelicof and staff,highly recommended.
in Montgomery, NY |
I first met Dr. Zelicof 22 years ago as a trauma patient. My right hip was destroyed with nothing much left to work with. Dr. Zelicof created a new right hip. After 22 years,my left hip needed to be replaced. And since Dr. Z has continued to be my orthopedist, he and his team gave me a new left hip. My surgery and stay was at Montifiore-New Rochelle Hospital orthopedic floor 3. I cannot say enough about the wonderful care and treatment I received from the health care staff. Thank you everyone!
in Bronx, NY |
I just had bilateral knee replacement surgery on Jan. 31 & Feb. 3, 2017 with Dr. Zelicof. Dr. Zelicof was my 3rd opinion concerning my need for 2 knee replacements. I was so impressed with his office staff and most of all his mannerism in explaining my diagnosis. He took his time in explaining the entire protocol of his actions. The best was my results of the surgery, aftercare in his orthopedic unit and the care of his team. I would certainly would recommend him. Thumbs up to Dr. Zelicof!!
in Mahopac, NY |
The office is well organized and the staff are friendly and helpful. Dr Zelicof and his physician's assistant, Courtney Kuhn, take a concerned interest in my case. I had both of my surgeries three years apart at Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital. The Joint Solutions wing is under Dr. Zelicof's supervision. Most of the staff was the same both times that I was there. They are focused on compassionate care and a quick recovery. The nurses are helpful and very responsive. Would recommend to anyone.
in Yonkers, NY |
I was very nervous about my mom having a knee replacement. She has some serious health issues and is elderly. Dr. Zelicof and his staff were so caring and walked us through the whole process. Everything went without a hitch. Additionally, the staff at the hospital were wonderful. She got the best care and much more attention than I would have expected. Dr. Zelicof is a kind man who takes each patient and their family seriously. He answers all questions and makes you feel at ease.
in North Salem NY |
Dr Zelicof was recommended to me by a reknown Neurosurgeon . The whole experience was top-notch. The hospital greatly enhanced my experience, with the most attentive and professional staff, and the surgery was flawless. I was back at work on Day # 6 Post-op! Thank you Dr. Zelicof! You changed my life.
in White Plains, NY |
There are no words to describe the positive experience I had with Dr. Zelicof and his amazing staff. I had a staged double total knee replacement at Dr. Zelicof's Montefiore New Rochelle location, and everything was wonderful. The staff, nurses, physical therapists, hospital room, i.e. everything was amazing! Then to top it off the visiting home physical therapist affiliated with Montefiore was top notch! Every question I had was fully answered, and Dr. Zelicof's bedside manner is excellent.
in White Plains |
Dr. Zelicoff has replaced both my hips with perfect results. My recovery was quick and painless. All the professionals on his "team" are the best at what they do which makes it easy to trust them with your surgery and after care. My stay at Montefiore at New Rochelle was also a good experience. The entire staff, doctors, nurses, PTs, food service, technicians, etc., were extremely competent. They made my stay and recovery pleasant and comfortable.
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Zelicof is a knowledgeable professional and has a great staff working with him in both his office and the hospital. This is my second procedure with him and highly recommend him to family and friends.
in Bronx, NY |
He is a miracle man. He replaced both my knees, and I was up and walking 12 hours later. Three weeks ago he replaced my hip, and I am walking with no cane, no walker, and no limp.
in Yonkers, NY |
Dr Zelicof did my hip replacement. I was up and walking w/out a cane in less than a week. So glad I found him and will repeat the surgery without trepidation next year.
in Larchmont, ny |
Dr. Zelicof was pleasant, friendly, and efficient. I was confident in his judgement.
in New Rochelle, NY 10805 |
Excellent doctor very professional and friendly I like his work and staff good surgery room and stay at hospital Thank you
in Sleepy Hollow, NY |
Recently Dr. Zelicof did a total knee replacement on my right knee at Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital. This is the third time I have used Dr. Zelicof and his staff for surgery and I and my family have the utmost respect for this outstanding surgeon. The entire experience was one of concern, compassion, and total professionalism in every aspect from him and his staff. I have and will continue to recommend him to family and friends. My experience was similar with Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital.
Yonkers, NY |
Nothing but praise for Dr. Zelicof and his medical support staff. Had several issue with the office support staff in terms of scheduling, their returning phone calls, etc. Could definitely use improvement in that area.
in New City, NY |
Professional, compassionate, complete explanation pre op. My only complaint was that I did not see Dr Zelicof postoperatively until I had my visit 2 weeks post op in his office.
in Ossining, NY |
I recently had a total knee replacement which was done by Dr. Steven Zelicof at Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital. I was totally informed about what to expect before, during and after the surgery. Dr. Zelicof and his total staff are a pleasure to work with. The office staff are exceptional as well as the staff at the hospital. If ever my other knee needs to be replaced, I would not hesitate to return to Dr. Steven Zelicof.
in White Plains, NY |
I am very happy that Dr. Zelicof performed my knee replacement operation. He never pushed me to have the operation and left the decision completely to me. The staff at Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital was excellent - they were thoroughly professional and responsive whenever I needed assistance. Dr. Zelicof and the hospital have my highest recommendation.
in New Rochelle, NY |
He and his staff answered all my questions, he listened, he put me at ease. Cortney, PA explained the operation in detail. They followed up each day to see that I was confortable and was receiving top care. The operation took place Montefiere Hospital - New Rochelle, NY on April 26, 2016 and I went home three days later. The hospital staff was the best. (The care and attention was so good that I almost did not want to go home.)
Harrison, NY |
Professional and thorough from start to finish. Staff at Joint Solutions at Montfiore Sound Shore were vigilant in seeing that the patient came first. I was totally prepared for my joint replacement experience. I was not surprised since Dr Zelicof sets the tone!
in New Rochelle, NY |
Thank you Dr. Zelicof, Courtney and your entire team...both in your office and at the hospital...you and your team are top class. You are competent and kind...both key components in successful medicine all around. Thank you for restoring our confidence in the wonders of modern medicine. Our entire family prayed for guidance that my mom get directed to the right physician and God answered our prayers. We are all grateful. Janelle Minar (Carolynn Marchini's Daughter)
in Bronx, NY |
I was going through horrible pain in my left hip that would stop me dead in my tracks. Also, the pain when sleeping became unbearable when I turned and dropped my leg. I had hip replacement in 1998, but knew something was wrong. I went to 4 doctors who did not LISTEN, but kept telling me that my hip looked good, no problem. Well, I refused to give up, and went to Dr. Zelicof, he listened and after an MRI, it was determined by this God sent doctor that I needed hip revision. HE LISTENDED!
in Rye Brook, NY |
Being a complete medical coward, I was terrified at the prospect of having both my knees replaced. However, after meeting Dr. Zelicof and his staff, I felt much more relaxed. He is a genuinely nice person and, based on my results, a superb surgeon. He suggested that I have the surgeries at Montefiore Hospital in New Rochelle and it was a wonderful facility. While I am still a medical coward, I have complete faith in Dr. Zelicof.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Zelicof is an excellent surgeon and has a very competent staff. My left hip replacement done three years ago was quite successful. I found Dr. Z. to be caring and efficient with an excellent P.A. who is helpful. He is very highly regarded and is tightly scheduled. Wait times in the office can be quite long. Overall, my experience was better than I expected. I would recommend Dr. Zelicof to family and friends.
in New Rochelle, NY |
Maybe he was having a bad day, but cannot believe these reviews. He was curt, seemed uninterested, and had one foot out the door so I couldnt answer all my questions. Then, you need to chase staff to return phone calls.
in White Plains, NY |
I Jeanne Rosenbaum found Dr. Zelicof to be very professional and attentive this was my second knee surgery by him in 7 years, the first was my left knee and now my right one and all his staff were very accommodating and friendly, I can't complain about anything. cordially yours, Jeanne Rosenbaum
in White Plains, NY |
Dr. Zelicof is a caring, excellent doctor. His program at Montefiore New Rochelle is nothing short of amazing. If you follow the protocol he has developed for joint replacement your chances of best possible outcome are maximum. Wait times in his office can be lengthy and frustrating at times. His PA is extremely competent and professional.
in West Nyack, NY |
Dr Zelicof is a kind, caring, companionate Dr. My total knee replacement was much better then I even could of imagined. I would definitely recommend him to anyone hands down. The hospital and staff were very attentive and kind. From my first visit though my continued aftercare everyone and everything was outstanding.
in Westchester County, NY |
Well organized office. Knowledgeable office staff and medical assistants. Dr. Zelicof is thoughtful and takes your questions seriously. Excellent pre -operation material and lecture. New Rochelle hospital was clean, well run, with a courteous staff that is kind kind to all patients.
in Chatham, MA |
My mother had a marvelous experience with her knee replacement surgery recently performed by Dr. Zelicof. Though we interviewed two other highly qualified physicians, we chose Dr. Zelicof not only because he came to us highly recommended, but also because of his warm manner, approachability and communicativeness. Her recuperation was extremely rapid and not very painful. He has an excellent reputation among the nursing staff at the hospital as well, who routinely see similar results from him.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Zelicof, MD?
Are you Dr. Zelicof?

Compare Dr. Zelicof

Dr. Zelicof's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Zelicof has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Zelicof's Board Certifications

• Bone Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

Graduated in 1980

• Other Education
    Ph.D. In Immunopathology University Of Pennsylvania

Completed in 1985

Dr. Zelicof does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zelicof and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• ACL Surgery