Dr. Steven B. Zelicof, MD

Dr. Steven B. Zelicof, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Specialty Orthopedics 600 Mamaroneck Ave Ste 101, Harrison, NY 10528 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Zelicof specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in Harrison, NY. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Zelicof? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Zelicof's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Zelicof's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Zelicof

Dr. Zelicof accepts 38 insurance carriers

38 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Zelicof has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Zelicof

Dr. Zelicof's Review Details
4.6 based on 80 responses
Experience with Dr. Zelicof
Dr. Zelicof's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (75)
Yonkers, NY |
Nothing but praise for Dr. Zelicof and his medical support staff. Had several issue with the office support staff in terms of scheduling, their returning phone calls, etc. Could definitely use improvement in that area.
in New City, NY |
Professional, compassionate, complete explanation pre op. My only complaint was that I did not see Dr Zelicof postoperatively until I had my visit 2 weeks post op in his office.
in Ossining, NY |
I recently had a total knee replacement which was done by Dr. Steven Zelicof at Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital. I was totally informed about what to expect before, during and after the surgery. Dr. Zelicof and his total staff are a pleasure to work with. The office staff are exceptional as well as the staff at the hospital. If ever my other knee needs to be replaced, I would not hesitate to return to Dr. Steven Zelicof.
in White Plains, NY |
I am very happy that Dr. Zelicof performed my knee replacement operation. He never pushed me to have the operation and left the decision completely to me. The staff at Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital was excellent - they were thoroughly professional and responsive whenever I needed assistance. Dr. Zelicof and the hospital have my highest recommendation.
in New Rochelle, NY |
He and his staff answered all my questions, he listened, he put me at ease. Cortney, PA explained the operation in detail. They followed up each day to see that I was confortable and was receiving top care. The operation took place Montefiere Hospital - New Rochelle, NY on April 26, 2016 and I went home three days later. The hospital staff was the best. (The care and attention was so good that I almost did not want to go home.)
Harrison, NY |
Professional and thorough from start to finish. Staff at Joint Solutions at Montfiore Sound Shore were vigilant in seeing that the patient came first. I was totally prepared for my joint replacement experience. I was not surprised since Dr Zelicof sets the tone!
in New Rochelle, NY |
Thank you Dr. Zelicof, Courtney and your entire team...both in your office and at the hospital...you and your team are top class. You are competent and kind...both key components in successful medicine all around. Thank you for restoring our confidence in the wonders of modern medicine. Our entire family prayed for guidance that my mom get directed to the right physician and God answered our prayers. We are all grateful. Janelle Minar (Carolynn Marchini's Daughter)
in Bronx, NY |
I was going through horrible pain in my left hip that would stop me dead in my tracks. Also, the pain when sleeping became unbearable when I turned and dropped my leg. I had hip replacement in 1998, but knew something was wrong. I went to 4 doctors who did not LISTEN, but kept telling me that my hip looked good, no problem. Well, I refused to give up, and went to Dr. Zelicof, he listened and after an MRI, it was determined by this God sent doctor that I needed hip revision. HE LISTENDED!
in Rye Brook, NY |
Being a complete medical coward, I was terrified at the prospect of having both my knees replaced. However, after meeting Dr. Zelicof and his staff, I felt much more relaxed. He is a genuinely nice person and, based on my results, a superb surgeon. He suggested that I have the surgeries at Montefiore Hospital in New Rochelle and it was a wonderful facility. While I am still a medical coward, I have complete faith in Dr. Zelicof.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Zelicof is an excellent surgeon and has a very competent staff. My left hip replacement done three years ago was quite successful. I found Dr. Z. to be caring and efficient with an excellent P.A. who is helpful. He is very highly regarded and is tightly scheduled. Wait times in the office can be quite long. Overall, my experience was better than I expected. I would recommend Dr. Zelicof to family and friends.
in New Rochelle, NY |
Maybe he was having a bad day, but cannot believe these reviews. He was curt, seemed uninterested, and had one foot out the door so I couldnt answer all my questions. Then, you need to chase staff to return phone calls.
in White Plains, NY |
I Jeanne Rosenbaum found Dr. Zelicof to be very professional and attentive this was my second knee surgery by him in 7 years, the first was my left knee and now my right one and all his staff were very accommodating and friendly, I can't complain about anything. cordially yours, Jeanne Rosenbaum
in White Plains, NY |
Dr. Zelicof is a caring, excellent doctor. His program at Montefiore New Rochelle is nothing short of amazing. If you follow the protocol he has developed for joint replacement your chances of best possible outcome are maximum. Wait times in his office can be lengthy and frustrating at times. His PA is extremely competent and professional.
in West Nyack, NY |
Dr Zelicof is a kind, caring, companionate Dr. My total knee replacement was much better then I even could of imagined. I would definitely recommend him to anyone hands down. The hospital and staff were very attentive and kind. From my first visit though my continued aftercare everyone and everything was outstanding.
in Westchester County, NY |
Well organized office. Knowledgeable office staff and medical assistants. Dr. Zelicof is thoughtful and takes your questions seriously. Excellent pre -operation material and lecture. New Rochelle hospital was clean, well run, with a courteous staff that is kind kind to all patients.
in Chatham, MA |
My mother had a marvelous experience with her knee replacement surgery recently performed by Dr. Zelicof. Though we interviewed two other highly qualified physicians, we chose Dr. Zelicof not only because he came to us highly recommended, but also because of his warm manner, approachability and communicativeness. Her recuperation was extremely rapid and not very painful. He has an excellent reputation among the nursing staff at the hospital as well, who routinely see similar results from him.
Have you seen Dr. Steven B. Zelicof, MD?
Are you Dr. Steven B. Zelicof, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Zelicof

• Bone Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Synovial Biopsy
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance
  • Ultrasound-Guided Injection
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for New York.

University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1980

• Other Education
    Ph.D. In Immunopathology University Of Pennsylvania

Completed in 1985

Dr. Zelicof has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Zelicof does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zelicof and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Zelicof's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Zelicof

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Zelicof's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Zelicof

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients