Dr. Steven Zelicof, MD

Dr. Steven Zelicof, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Steven Zelicof, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Harrison, NY. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 34 years.

600 Mamaroneck Ave Ste 101

Harrison, NY 10528

• Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Anthem
  • CareOregon
  • CareSource

Learn about Dr. Zelicof

See how frequently Dr. Zelicof performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Knee
Osteoarthritis
Bone Disorders

Dr. Zelicof's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Synovial Biopsy
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance
  • Ultrasound-Guided Injection
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania
  • Brighman & Womens / Mass Genl Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Ph.D. In Immunopathology University of Pennsylvania
    Other Education | Completed 1985

Dr. Zelicof has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Zelicof does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zelicof and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Zelicof's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zelicof to family and friends
Dr. Zelicof's Performance
in new rochelle ny |
i recently had total hip replacement by dr. zelicof at montefoire medical center in new rochelle. i found the doctor and his entire staff not only professional but extremely concerned with my well being. the procedure went exactly as was explained prior and i am extremely happy with the overall experience. and yes i would highly recommend the good dr. !
New York, NY |
Dr Zelicof is an excellent doctor but the office always over books and I have to at least 45 minutes to an hour past my appointment time to be put in a room to wait even longer. I may have to change doctors because it’s so time consuming to see Dr Zelicof.
in Larchmont, NY |
Dr. Zelicof, is a Great doctor !!! He came highly recommended by three people that I know, that had either hip or knee replacement . He is extremely friendly and his staff at the hospital is so knowledgeable and friendly. They make you feel like family.
in Yonkers, NY |
I had hip replacement surgery on Oct 20, 2017. Dr Zelicof was the surgeon. From my first meeting with him to the follow up appointment, Dr. Zelicof was professional and pleasant. He inspired confidence. I actually got up and walked a few steps within minutes after leaving the recovery room. The next morning, I was walking the hospital hallway. My recovery has been smooth and surprisingly painless. The nursing staff and physical therapy staff at Montifiore, New Rochelle were kind and attentive.
in Eastchester, NY |
Dr Zelicof replaced my left knee. I had less pain right after the surgery than I had before. He is comforting and easy to talk to. He explained everything in detail prior to surgery. A number of people had recommended him and how right they are. If you have knee pain this is the doctor to see. I had my procedure done at Montefiore/New Rochelle Hospital. The staff on Dr. Zelicof's wing were so very caring. They explained everything, every medication, every test. Just the best people.
in Larchmont, NY |
Dr. Zelicof did my double knee replacement four weeks ago. The entire experience was excellent! I was totally informed of what to expect at my pre-op appointment.. The PA's and Dr. Zelicof were attentive and patient. I was equally impressed with Montefiore and the whole team on the orthopedic floor. They had me up the evening of my surgery and I was doing two PT sessions the next day! My progress has been inspiring - I would strongly recommend Dr. Zelicof and Montefiore!!!
in White Plains, NY |
I have had two total hip replacements by Dr. Zelicof at Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital. Dr. Zelicof and his amazing team did a magnificent job. The surgery and rehabilitation was quick and the recovery easy. He has an excellent reputation and I would wholeheartedly recommend him.
in Westchester County, NY |
Dr. Zelicof and his staff are excellent. I had a total hip replacement and my recovery went smoothly. At six weeks I was back to my normal commute by train and subway. At 12 weeks, I was swimming 2 miles a week and doing yard work. His physician assistants were helpful and returned my phone calls promptly. When in the hospital, Dr. Zelicof visited and answered questions. I am pain free and grateful.
New Rochelle, NY |
I have had two total knee replacements done by Dr. Zelicof as well as repair to a torn meniscus and have been totally satisfied. In addition, the home physical therapist , who has been in the business for over twenty years, recently said that his patients have less pain and less swelling than patients of other surgeons.
in new Rochelle ny |
Dr.Zelicof just replaced my second knee...a perfect job as was the first one he did 2 years ago. He is kind, caring and efficient, has a great office staff and the staff at Montiofor love him....and best of all, I am walking and driving only 2 weeks after the surgery and I am pain free.
in Tarrytown, NY |
I had two knee replacements by Dr. Zelicof, three days apart. After each surgery, I I was immediately able to stand and walk the full length of the hospital unit. Within two days I was walking up and down stairs. Dr. Zelicof's office is efficient and the staff is friendly. My surgery was at New Rochelle Montefiore Hospital. My room was bright and cheerful, the staff was extremely attentive. Had I known it would be this easy, I would have done this years ago. I highly recommend Dr. Zelicof.
Rye, NY |
Dr Zelicof and his team at Montefiore did an outstanding job regarding my hip implant. He is knowledgeable, skilled and has an excellent reputation. I recommend him wholeheartedly.
in New Rochelle, NY |
Dr. Zelicof was Highly Recommended to me about 14 years ago & I've been seeing him for 13 & 1/2 years now. He replaced my right knee. I didn't know exactly what to expect going into this surgery. He is a very compassionate Doctor & told me that through the pain meds givin to me when I came out of surgery, that I wouldn't feel a thing & boy was he right. I healed in no time. He did my left knee 8/01/17 & I'm doing great Thanks to him & his great staff. God Bless Him!! I'm his Poster Child @ 67
in Brookfield, CT |
I had my first hip replacement done about 6 years ago by Dr. Steven Zelicof and just 5 weeks ago had the other one done by him. The entire experience could not have been better; Steven and his PA Courtney took the time to answer all my questions and concerns, both surgeries were completely successful, recoveries speedy and uneventful. I had both done at Montefiore New Rochelle where the facility and the staff were excellent. Everyone was cheerful and helpful. I totally recommend him.
Valhalla, NY |
I was very pleased with Dr. Zelicof and his staff. I was referred to him by my therapist. I have met dozens of people before my surgery and recently and they were pleased with him and his staff. I also went on line prior to making an appointment and listen to him in an interview on a radio show which he answered questions you need to know. I would recommend Dr. Zelicof to anyone who needs surgery.
in Greenwich, CT |
It is 3 weeks since having a knee replacement and have just returned from my post operative appointment. There was no wait time for this post-op visit. I was taken in for my knee X-rays immediately then quickly seen by Courtney, Dr. Zelicof's surgical assistant who gently removed the surgical bandaged and reassured my wife and myself that all was healing properly. Dr. Zelicoft then addresses our list of questions and explained what I should expect during my 4-6 week outpatient PT.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr. Zelicof for any person seeking relief from painful knees or hips. He is very patient and will answer any questions you may have. I am very grateful for the time spent in his office and undergoing bilateral knee replacements. He and his team were most encouraging after the surgery.
in New City, NY |
At age 78, I had a left hip replacement revision done at Westchester Medical Center by Dr. Steven Zelicof on 6/14/17. I can't praise him enough! I was in the hospital for 2 days. The day after surgery I was walking and climbing steps. The nurses were amazed and I was delighted at the outcome. I am back to walking, shopping, traveling and playing with my grandchildren without pain. What more can I say? Life is great once again! And the staff at Westchester Medical Center was uniformly terrific.
Larchmont, NY |
Dr. Steven Zelicof hardly needs my endorsement, he is a fabulous surgeon. I had knee replacement 8 weeks ago and his work is flawless. Recovery was as fast and as pain free as I could have ever hoped. Also, I had the surgery at Montefiore in New Rochelle, where he maintains his own dedicated facility and staff and I was treated like a VIP. Also, the doctor and his staff are friendly, helpful and efficient.
in New Rochelle, NY |
I had my left hip totally replaced. The surgery went extremely well. I was up and walking the same day of the surgery. The orthopedic wing at Montefiore Hospital in New Rochelle NY, the nursing staff and the physical therapist and the supporting team of Dr.'s, made the process of having the surgery easier, I felt assured that I was ok, they answered all of my concerns about recovery from this procedure. I did so well that I went home from the Hospital and did not need to go into rehab.
in Putnam Valley |
I have been seeing Dr. Zelicof for over 10 years - he encouraged me then to replace my knee and I didn't do it until recently - I should have listened to him. He is an outstanding physician, and has a staff which is also outstanding, kind and compassionate and knowledgeable. The Joint Solutions team at Montifiore New Rochelle is top notch and my stay there was fantastic! I have recommended him to many of my friends and family and will continue to do so.
in MOUNT VERNON |
100% Outstanding, had no idea what the outcome would be 1st Surgery all's well very much pleased.
in Peekskill, NY |
Dr. "Z", as I like to call him, for all his prominence and lofty achievements is a very very hands-on kind of physician. I mean he is the type of doctor you would like to invite over to dinner (no matter what your economic circumstance may be). Dr. Zelicoff is informative, understanding and friendly. He`s well spoken and clear in his diagnosis. I also liked the way he made me feel that I was very much apart of our final decision; no pressure, just good old fashion advise.
in New ROCHELLE, NY |
Dr. Zelicof did an hip replacement when I fell. I had already contacted him about my knees. He is kind,compassionate and a great orthopedic surgeon based on my current experience. Montiofore New Rochelle Ortepediatc floor run by Dr. Zelicoff was a very good experience
in Monroe, NY |
Dr. Zelicof & his staff is very professional & courteous. He takes the time to answer all questions that you may have & he makes sure you understand everything. After my surgery he followed up to make sure i was doing ok once i got home. I would recommend him to everyone.
in Elmira, NY |
I have to travel 8 hours (round trip) in order to see Dr. Zelicof as opposed to seeing any number of local doctors. That should tell you something right there. I had a total knee replacement 8 weeks ago & couldn't be happier. I was driving in 2 weeks & it was my right knee. I don't have one complaint about the whole event. Between his expertise & his team at montefiore hospital (New Rochelle) you couldn't be in better hands. When it's time to get the other one done I will return.
in Bronx, NY |
I recently had a knee replacement. My condition had been explained to me and i had been thoroughly prepared pre-opt and have received excellent care throughout the recuperation. I found Dr. Zelicof and his staff to be readily available to address my concerns. My recuperation is coming along very smoothly. I give Dr Zelicof and his staff a thumbs up and would highly recommend him to anyone facing surgery.
in Ossining, NY |
Dr. Zelicof is more than just a top surgeon, he is a compassionate person that truly cares about his patients. He kept me fully informed on every phase of the procedure to be done and what to expect afterward. He and his staff assisted me in every thing that need to be done before and after the surgery including getting me into the rehab facility I wanted to go to. They took care of everything. I can not say enough about the excellent care I received from the nursing staff while under his care.
in Eastchester, NY |
From the first call made for a consultation to the post op care for a total knee replacement, I have been very happy and pleased with the care and professionalism shown to me. Total success with the operation. Thank you
in Port Chester, NY |
Dr. Zelicof and his staff made me feel very comfortable. Everything was explained and I would highly recommend him and his office.
in Harrison, NY |
I recently had bi-lateral knee replacement surgery done by Dr. Zelicof. To say I was scared is an under-statement. But I shouldn't have worried as he is incredible. He is absolutely the best in his field. Don't hesitate if you need a Dr for knees. Surgery was done at Montefiore New Rochelle & staff on 3N is fantastic. Inpatient rehab was at United Hebrew, for 2 weeks. All Burke trained physical therapists are great. 4 weeks from surgery & I am progressing at an above average pace.
in Toronto, ON |
Dr. Zelicof is the orthopedic surgeon who has provided consistently excellent care to my wife, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law, and me. Each of us have been thoroughly pleased with the way he (and his competent and caring staff) addressed our concerns (pre and post operatove) and with the medical care we received. I have had 2 procedures, the last being hip arthroplasty. My family and I recommend Dr. Zelicof wholeheartedly and we will engage his services for any orthopedic care.
in Poughquag NY |
I would recommend Dr. Zelicof highly. He preformed two knee replacements on me and I couldn't be happier with the results. His assist Courtney was is top notch as well. They make a great team.
in Bronx, NY |
I HAD DOUBLE KNEE REPLACEMENTS WITH Dr. ZELICOF, BEING A BIG CHICKEN, HE MADE ME FEEL AT EASE AND RELAXED !! THE SURGERIES WENT SMOOTH, EASY AND SURPRISINGLY, I HAVE HAD ONLY MODERATE / LOW PAIN !! I WAS UP AND WALKING WITHIN HOURS OF SURGERY, I WAS EVEN ABLE TO TAKE MYSELF TO THE RESTROOM THE SAME NIGHT !! THE STAFF WAS GREAT AND THE DOCTOR, HIMSELF, WAS IN TO SEE ME ON SUNDAY, THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HIM :-)
in Valhalla, NY |
Dr Zelicof performed a total hip replacement (left side) on March 8 at Westchester Medical Center. I was back at work 3 weeks later on March 30. I had mild pain the first night after the surgery. After that, the only time I had any pain was during physical therapy, which is to be expected, and it was minimal. Dr Zelicof and his staff are excellent communicators. They take the time to educate you and answer your questions fully. I highly recommend him!
in Ryebrook, NY |
I'm an OR nurse for 43 years and have known Dr. Zelicof since 1991. He remains much the same today as he did back then. Knowledgeable, professional, personable, caring, and most important, conservative. He is continually expanding his knowledge base in state of the art procedures and products. However, he will not perform a surgery simply because it is "current" and not in the best interest of a patient. His philosophy carries over to his staff to ensure a team approach in outstanding care.
Scarsdale, NY |
Dr. Zelicof and his staff took very good care of me both at the Specialty Orthopaedics office, as well as at the Joint Solutions wing at Montefiore New Rochelle hospital. My experience was excellent. The staff was caring, extremely competent and very professional.
Scarsdale, NY |
A top level experience having a Zelicof hip replacement! Excellent surgeon, caring and professional staff, and first class facilities at his special unit in Montefiore New Rochelle. Absolutely nothing negative to report, all positive. Definitely likely to recommend Dr. Zelicof and his team.
in New City, NY |
Dr. Z has replaced both my knees. That is recommendation enough. He is not only an expert at this but always compassionate and upbeat about the outcome. Both surgeries have been a total success and if you are as active as I am you really want him to bring back your lifestyle. I am able to play tennis both singles and doubles 5 to 6 times a week, ski, suba and hike and bike and live my life as if I had two biological knees.
in New Rochelle, N Y |
An Excellent Surgeon. I have and will continue to recommend him to family and friends.
in Bronx, NY |
I did a total knee replacement with him.Surgery went well and staff at his floor at Montifiore New Rochelle were excellent.Completely satisfied with Dr.Zelicof and staff,highly recommended.
in Montgomery, NY |
I first met Dr. Zelicof 22 years ago as a trauma patient. My right hip was destroyed with nothing much left to work with. Dr. Zelicof created a new right hip. After 22 years,my left hip needed to be replaced. And since Dr. Z has continued to be my orthopedist, he and his team gave me a new left hip. My surgery and stay was at Montifiore-New Rochelle Hospital orthopedic floor 3. I cannot say enough about the wonderful care and treatment I received from the health care staff. Thank you everyone!
in Bronx, NY |
I just had bilateral knee replacement surgery on Jan. 31 & Feb. 3, 2017 with Dr. Zelicof. Dr. Zelicof was my 3rd opinion concerning my need for 2 knee replacements. I was so impressed with his office staff and most of all his mannerism in explaining my diagnosis. He took his time in explaining the entire protocol of his actions. The best was my results of the surgery, aftercare in his orthopedic unit and the care of his team. I would certainly would recommend him. Thumbs up to Dr. Zelicof!!
in Mahopac, NY |
The office is well organized and the staff are friendly and helpful. Dr Zelicof and his physician's assistant, Courtney Kuhn, take a concerned interest in my case. I had both of my surgeries three years apart at Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital. The Joint Solutions wing is under Dr. Zelicof's supervision. Most of the staff was the same both times that I was there. They are focused on compassionate care and a quick recovery. The nurses are helpful and very responsive. Would recommend to anyone.
in Yonkers, NY |
I was very nervous about my mom having a knee replacement. She has some serious health issues and is elderly. Dr. Zelicof and his staff were so caring and walked us through the whole process. Everything went without a hitch. Additionally, the staff at the hospital were wonderful. She got the best care and much more attention than I would have expected. Dr. Zelicof is a kind man who takes each patient and their family seriously. He answers all questions and makes you feel at ease.
in North Salem NY |
Dr Zelicof was recommended to me by a reknown Neurosurgeon . The whole experience was top-notch. The hospital greatly enhanced my experience, with the most attentive and professional staff, and the surgery was flawless. I was back at work on Day # 6 Post-op! Thank you Dr. Zelicof! You changed my life.
in White Plains, NY |
There are no words to describe the positive experience I had with Dr. Zelicof and his amazing staff. I had a staged double total knee replacement at Dr. Zelicof's Montefiore New Rochelle location, and everything was wonderful. The staff, nurses, physical therapists, hospital room, i.e. everything was amazing! Then to top it off the visiting home physical therapist affiliated with Montefiore was top notch! Every question I had was fully answered, and Dr. Zelicof's bedside manner is excellent.
in White Plains |
Dr. Zelicoff has replaced both my hips with perfect results. My recovery was quick and painless. All the professionals on his "team" are the best at what they do which makes it easy to trust them with your surgery and after care. My stay at Montefiore at New Rochelle was also a good experience. The entire staff, doctors, nurses, PTs, food service, technicians, etc., were extremely competent. They made my stay and recovery pleasant and comfortable.
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Zelicof is a knowledgeable professional and has a great staff working with him in both his office and the hospital. This is my second procedure with him and highly recommend him to family and friends.
in Bronx, NY |
He is a miracle man. He replaced both my knees, and I was up and walking 12 hours later. Three weeks ago he replaced my hip, and I am walking with no cane, no walker, and no limp.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Zelicof, MD?
Are you Dr. Zelicof?