Dr. Steven Wray, MD

Dr. Steven Wray, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Steven Wray, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Atlanta, GA. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Wray is affiliated with Piedmont Hospital.

2001 Peachtree Rd NE Ste 575

Atlanta, GA 30309

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Wray

See how frequently Dr. Wray performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spondylolisthesis
Intervertebral Disc Disease
Spine Disorders
high

Dr. Wray's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chiari's Deformity

• Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Stereotactic Surgery
  • Stereotaxis

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • Wake Forest University Baptist Med Center

Dr. Wray has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wray does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wray and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wray's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wray to family and friends
Dr. Wray's Performance
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wray has performed three back surgeries for different issues, from severe stenosis to a bone fragment that broke off due to a physical activity, and all have been highly successful. I was able to resume playing tennis, walking and fishing.
Atlanta, GA |
I would highly recommend Dr. Wray to anyone who needs a neurosurgeon. I received top notch medical care from Dr. Wray, Melissa his PA, and the entire staff at Atlanta Spine. They were fully accessible, attentive to my needs, and compassionate towards my concerns. This is a professional organization that focuses on the well being of each and every patient. I am very satisfied with the care that I received from Dr. Wray!
in Lilburn, GA |
Dr. Wray answered all my questions and spent a good amount of time explaining procedure I was going to have done. The entire staff is amazing!
in Montgomery, AL |
Excellent experience for my wife & myself. Dr Wray doesn't talk over your head, he's sincerely interested in his patient not just as a doctor / patient relationship, but as a concerned friend relationship. I would recommend him to any one in need of his services. I might add that his staff is just as friendly and efficient as he is.
in Peachtree City, GA |
Dr Wray is extremely knowledgeable about his field and potential solutions . I appreciated how punctual and professional his entire team was during my visits and the operation phase. Got the relief I was looking for too. Would highly recommend him
Sandy Springs, Georgia |
Dr. Wray is an outstanding surgeon and is excellent at explaining to you your options. I would not hesitate to recommend him.
Douglasville, GA |
Dr. Wray was wonderful. I thought he was caring and explained things to me where I could understand and he was accurate.
in Marietta, Ga |
After spending several years with low pain, I am now totally pain free. My recommendation of Dr. Wray could not be higher. I absolutely would recommend Dr. Wray to my family and friends. In fact I have recommended Dr. Wray to people who have low back pain.
in Atlanta, GA |
I have and continue to refer to Dr. Wray. He is kind and interactive with his patients. He explains your procedure in a manner that is understandable and is open to questions and feedback. I recommend him without hesitation.
Smyrna, GA |
Dr. Wray did an outstanding job throughout the entire process of of my care. He is an excellent surgeon!
in Atlanta, GA |
I have had multiple surgeries in my life, including additional spine surgery. Dr. Wray is one of the best , if not THE best surgeon I've encountered. I say this from an all-around perspective, not simply his surgical prowess (which is also ample). His bedside manner, knowledge, ability to listen (huge!!) and communicate with the patient are outstanding. I have more spinal surgeries to undergo in the future, and regardless of where I am at that time, Dr. Wray will be performing my surgeries!
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wray and his staff were easily accessible both prior to and following my surgery. It was a complex surgery and my recovery was monitored and supported efficiently. I recovered quickly and was able to resume my normal activities in a short period of time. I would and have recommended Dr. Wray to others. He is an excellent surgeon and would not recommend surgery unless it were an evident and best case solution for a problem.
in Ellenwood, GA |
I was very pleased with my surgery and he's a awesome doctor.
in Ranger, GA |
Researched hard to find the best spinal surgeon. Dr. Wray was easy to talk to, explained everything in great detail and scheduled the surgery right away. I was lucky to be able to see him. Surgery was smooth and I have recovered much faster than most on the internet claimed they've recovered. He even made the incision right on a fold line in my neck so it's almost invisible. My second opinion knew Dr. Wray and highly recommended him, saying he was well known and had "good hands".
in Atlanta, GA |
I can't express my gratitude enough to Dr Wray and his staff. I am out of pain for the first time in 5 years. I was in a pain management clinic that ran the gambit on all modalities. In short he has the best credentials, skills, knowledge and personality. Of course we did our due diligence and had other opinions, but no other doctor held a candle to this man and his office staff. If you might need surgery go see Dr Wray.
in Hiawassee ga |
He is an excellent Doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Wray, MD?
Are you Dr. Wray?

Visit Dr. Wray

Dr. Wray accepts 18 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
    Blue Choice HMO
    Blue Choice Option POS
    Blue Open Access POS
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio