Dr. Steven Williams, MD

Dr. Steven Williams, MD

General Surgery | Male | 46 years old

31 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

It is normal for a person to feel anxious and uncertain about an upcoming surgery. In our practice, we do our best to minimize that anxiety through patient education and a customized care plan. Our goal is for you to have a positive experience that you will want to tell your friends and family about.Read more

Dr. Williams' Experience

See how Dr. Williams' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Williams

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Williams has admitting privileges.

Dr. Williams' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Williams to family and friends
Dr. Williams' Performance
in Boise, ID |
From start to finish received 5 star service, Dr. Williams listen to you and knew exactly how to take care of my medical situation, can't give enough praise. has given me a new appreciation of life do to this man. Thank you Dr. Steven W. Williams
Council, ID |
After 18 months of mis-diagnosis and indifferent care at another provider, I contacted Dr. Williams office directly. He reviewed my records and made an appointment where his diagnosis led to a quick removal of my gall bladder. My problems were solved. The care and competency of Dr. Williams and his staff is top notch - that applies to everyone I had contact with in St. Als.
in Boise, Idaho |
Dr. Williams has a great "cut to the chase", honest, bedside manor. Right away you feel like you can trust him. I went in for a gallbladder consult, and ended up telling him about issues I had been having with Diverticulitis. Other Doctors that I had seen just gave me more drugs for pain. I asked Dr. Williams if he could actually treat the problem. We devised a plan and I actually had laparoscopic bowel surgery. I was up walking next day, It's refreshing having a Dr. That listens.
in Star, ID |
I currently have PTSD towards health care providers after losing my left foot to a Podiatrist. Finding Dr. Williams and excepting his trust was no easy task for me as is the same with all providers,especially when it came to needing surgery. Dr. Williams and his P.A. Troy took the time to read my medical records before my first visit and had a great understanding of my needs on the first visit. The trust was instantaneous and the surgery was acomplete success. Compassionate and highly skilled!
in Meridian, ID |
He recently performed a cholecystectomy on me. The procedure was fast and without any complications. Scheduling an appointment with him was easy and his office staff are great to work with. His PA Troy was very professional and knowledgeable as well. I would highly recommend Dr. Williams.
in Middleton, ID |
My experience was fantastic! A to the point surgeon, who gets the job done! Excellent staff and facility at Treasure Valley Hospital. If you need gallbladder or hernia surgery I highly recommend this competent and caring physician. He assured me that my healing would progress without difficulty so in the coming weeks, I should be gaining strength back to my regular self. What a relief since I had been ill for some time. See this surgeon if you are in need. You will not be disappointed.
in Boise, Idaho |
I was so impressed with Dr. Williams and his entire staff because from the first phone call to my follow up visit I was treated by very professional, kind and caring people. Dr. Williams genuinely listened to my explanation of the pain and discomfort I was having, coupled with his thorough questions we were able to decide on surgery together. I talked to him before surgery and he made me feel comfortable and at ease. It is nice to know there are still great Dr's with awesome bedside manners!!!
in Mountain Home, ID |
Good bedside manners. Didn't pressure in into have surgery but did discuss the benefits in doing so. He took his time to answer any questions and didn't make me feel like i was rushed. He has a very nice personality & explains things on my level of understanding. He made me at ease and gained my trust.
in Meridian, ID |
I had never had a surgical procedure in my 72 years on this earth. I developed an inguinal and umbilical hernia during a planned move to Idaho. Through my wife's research, we decided to select Dr. Steven Williams as the person to do the surgery. He was very patient with me, explaining all of the procedures I would go through before, during, and after the actual surgery itself. I found him to be personable, humorous, competent, and very professional. His office staff completed the picture.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Williams, MD?
Are you Dr. Williams?

Dr. Williams' Care Philosophy

Dr. Williams' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Idaho not available

Dr. Williams has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Idaho.

Why It Matters: Dr. Williams' Board Certifications

• Lung Cancer
  • Meckel's Diverticulum
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis

University Of Texas Medical Branch

Completed in 1998

University Of Texas Medical Branch

Completed in 2002

Dr. Williams does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Williams and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery

• Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Cystectomy
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure