Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Steven Steinlauf, MD
Dr. Steinlauf specializes in foot, ankle, and lower leg surgery and lower extremity trauma and post traumatic reconstruction. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Florida in 1990. He received his medical degree from the University of Miami, finishing at the top of his class in 1994. He completed his Orthopaedic Surgery Residency at the University of Miami in 1999, and his post-graduate fellowship in Foot and Ankle Surgery/Lower Extremity Trauma and Reconstruction at the Florida Orthopaedic Institute in 2000. He currently teaches residents as part of the Foot and Ankle Training program for The University of Miami Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. In May 2010, he was selected by the residents as Teacher of the Year amongst the faculty of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Miami. He has served as Chief of Orthopaedics and has held multiple leadership positions at Memorial Regional Hospital including Chief of Staff. Dr. Steinlauf is board certified by the American Board ofOrthopaedic Surgery and is a Fellow of The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. He is a member of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society, The Orthopaedic Trauma Association, and AO North America. Dr. Steinlauf teaches and has presented lectures at meetings and instructional courses nationally and internationally. In addition, Dr. Steinlauf is a designer for a foot and ankle implant system and a consultant to orthopaedic companies. Dr. Steinlauf provides his patients with an exceptional level of care. He spends extensive time with his patients, and utilizes his skills to help people return to their optimal level of function in work, athletics, and life.

4700 Sheridan St Ste H

• AvMed
  • Golden Rule
  • Guardian
  • Locals (any local)
  • Meritain Health
  • Neighborhood Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Steinlauf

My mission is to provide the finest care to my patients with compassion.  I spend the time necessary to listen well and to examine thoroughly each and every patient.  I then explain in depth all treatment options and partner with my patients to help them make the best decisions in order to find a solution to the problems that they present with.

Dr. Steinlauf's Experience

Dr. Steinlauf's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Hammer Toe
  • Heel Spur
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Morton's Neuroma

• Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Health
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Florida Orthopaedic Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Steinlauf has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Steinlauf does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Steinlauf and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Steinlauf's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Steinlauf to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Steinlauf's Performance
in Miami, FL |
I would like to share how extremely pleased I am with Dr. Steinlauf's surgery. I had been struggling with a nasty bunion for over ten years and he corrected the condition this past summer. With his expertise, the surgery was successful, the recovery manageable (I couldn't drive for seven weeks) and now my foot is pain-free. Like him, the staff was always professional and friendly. Scheduling appointments was a breeze. I hope this referral encourages other people to have painful foot conditions.
in Weston, FL |
After obtaining several other opinions, I went to see Dr Steinlauf, who was highly recommended by several friends. He gave me several surgical options for my Hallux Rigidus. I ultimately decided on the "gold standard" surgery for my age (49), which was fusing the large joint of my left big toe by inserting 2 screws. While the recovery was a bit painful, I was back on an eliptical at 9 weeks and, now over 2 years later, I am 97% pain free and completely satisfied with my results. He's awesome!
in Miami, FL |
I'm very happy with my end results of my treatment, I just got discharge!!! He started treating me back in February 2017, I was in need of "ankle surgery" and with his recommendation, I went on with treatment and the final result surgery was no longer "required" Thanks Dr. Steinlauf, you are a "true professional" I will recommend you very highly!
in Hallandale Beach |
Let me start by saying two years and 4 surgeons later came Dr. Steinlauf...I can't emphasize it enough...he must be one of the best surgeons specializing in foot & ankle, in the world. His expertise, professionalism are immediately recognized. After all, he gave me my life back. I can't recommend him enough. Thank you very much...Dr. Steinlauf and your team. I would like to also thank everyone in the medical field..
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
Dr. Steinlauf was a Godsend. I had suffered in pain for 2 years when a co-worker who had a similar issue recommended Dr. Steinlauf. I had been to 2 other Orthopedic Surgeons but never felt completely comfortable with allowing them to perform surgery on me. From my very first visit with Dr. Steinlauf I knew he was the one. He is also a teaching doctor and usually has another doctor with him, to whom he explains everything and why. I am 6 months post surgery and would choose him again if needed.
in Naples, FL |
Dr. Steven Steinlauf did foot surgery on my left foot to repair and old injury that was preventing me from walking on the foot.He knew exactly what to do and I am extremely grateful for such an excellent result. I can walk perfectly now without pain. The surgery went extremely well and my healing was very successful thanks to Dr. Steinlauf's skilled surgery. He is meticulous about the details and his office medical staff are highly trained and knowledgable. Dr. Steinlauf truly improved my life!
Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Steinlauf is the BEST orthopedic surgeon out there. I have suffered with both of my feet for almost twenty years. Five different podiatrists perform surgery over the years, and each time, my pain got worse. Three years ago a physical therapist highly recommended Dr. Steinlauf. She told me how great he was. When I met Dr. Steinlauf, he was really nice and knowledgeable. He performed the correct surgery, and I have been pain free! I wish I knew of him before I had my other surgeries
in Miami, FL |
I can’t thank Dr. Steinlauf enough for the amazing experience and care I received under him. I had ankle ligament instability issues where the ankle would just ‘give out’ all the time. After discussing the options, Dr. Steinlauf decided to perform surgery and use a relatively new technique that dramatically improved my recovery process. There is no other doctor I would ever trust for ankle or foot problems. He is truly an expert in the field and thoroughly managed the whole process.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
I had my open compound fracture of my leg in 2010, but I STILL think of Dr. Steinlauf every day I get out of bed and stand up. He treated my very difficult injury with amazing talent, and I cant ever forget it.
in Hollywood, FL |
It was a very pleasant experience. I had a previous surgery which was horrible and then I met him and he corrected my problem. He was very professional, friendly and did not discharged me until my foot was completely heeled.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Steinlauf, MD?
Are you Dr. Steinlauf?