Dr. Steven Speights, MD

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery ·  Male · Age 51

Dr. Speights

Southeast Urogyn

501 Marshall St Ste 600 Jackson, MS 39202

Dr. Steven Speights, MD is a female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery specialist in Jackson, MS and has been practicing for 20 years. He graduated from University of Mississippi in 1993 and specializes in female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery and urogynecology & reconstructive pelvic surgery.

Dr. Speights accepts

Dr. Speights accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter
Superior Health Plan

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Mississippi

Check Dr. Speights' experience treating your condition or procedure

• Fecal Incontinence
  • Fecal Occult Blood Test for Colorectal Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Hemorrhoids
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hysterectomy - Laparoscopic
  • Hysterectomy - Open
  • Incontinence Sling Procedure
  • Interstim® Sacral Nerve Stimulator
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparoscopic Vaginal Hysterectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Nausea
  • Pubovaginal Sling
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sickle Cell Disease
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Vulvar Cancer
  • Vulvectomy
  • Wound Repair

The medical team at Southeast Urogynecology understands that each woman is a unique individual. While symptoms may be similar, not all treatment options make sense for each person. Rather than treating each woman with a cookie cutter response to symptoms, Dr. Harris and Dr. Speights review a broad range of treatment solutions with patients.

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Speights

Dr. Speights?
Dr. Speights' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Steven Speights, MD
After many years of dealing with multiple prolapse issues I was referred to SEUG and worked with Dr. Speights in repairs/reconstruction surgery. He was excellent! He was very thorough and explained my problems and what the options for repair were. I opted for surgery for vaginal and bladder repairs. I only took pain meds the night I came home and the next morning. After that Aleve was quite enough - I can't really say that I had a lot of pain - I followed instructions and feel amazing! If you've been dreading pelvic repairs - please don't waste any more time - Call Dr. Speights and Dr. Harris and begin living the life you deserve!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Speights, MD?
Very nice at front desk,staff was very friendly and helpful. Dr. Speights was very professional and explained my test in detail.I preceded with my test 2 weeks later. The technician that performed the test explained everything as she was about to do it. The professional service continued through out including the results from my test. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Speights, MD?
I recently had a surgical procedure performed by Dr. Speights(and Harris). I should not have waited so long to have my "problems" corrected. He and his staff provided excellent care from start to finish. A treatment plan was established and carried out to ensure a successful procedure. Post surgically I had minimal discomfort(I did not need any pain medication) and have experienced a full recovery. Thanks Dr. Speights, Dr. Harris, and staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Speights, MD?
Very thorough and caring! His entire staff is wonderful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Speights, MD?
Absolutely! I was referred to Dr. Speights by Dr. Washburne in Hattiesburg and am beyond pleased, satisfied and feel so fantastic! It is great to be in the hands of someone so gifted & qualified and come through the experience with a fresh outlook on life, on your health and of course...the future!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Speights, MD?
Excellent!! I couldn’t be happier with the results of my bladder suspension and prolapse surgeries.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Speights, MD?
Excellent surgeon. Easy to talk to and he explains things where they make sense. I’ve never had to wait always right on time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Speights, MD?
Immediately upon his entering the room, you are relieved. You feel as if your health issues were going to be dealt with properly and professionally. I had a hysterectomy on April 25, 2018, and I have not felt this good in years! No more uncomfortable drooping organs, what a relief.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Speights, MD?
Ignore earlier comments , this man went far and out of his way for me , got me back home with my family , I would recommend him to anyone !!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Speights, MD?
Amazing doctor. I was referred to him for pelvic prolapse and just loved him. I dont know that any female like to be examined, but he and Mary Margaret put me right at ease. He didnt talk down to me and explained my issues, what could be done in laymans terms. He answered any questions I had. Excellent bedside manner, he even had me laughing. I would recommend him to anyone. His nurse, Mary Margaret is the best. Very easy to relate and talk to. She loves her job, I love her!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Speights, MD?
Was referred to Dr. Speights by my GYN for a prolapse problem. They saw me the next day! Everyone in the office was so professional and caring. Dr. Speights is great. He explains everything and answers ALL questions without rushing you. Before and after surgery, he was comforting and caring. Felt like I could call his office at any time and get the help I needed. Highly recommend - -
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Speights, MD?
I had trouble with incontinence. It caused a number of embrassing situations. The worse being once I was at a relative's home and sneezed, leaving a wet spot on their couch. I was horrified. I avoided groups exercise classes and other activities that might cause embrassment. My internal medicine dr. referred me to Dr. Spreights. I had surgery 6 weeks ago and the results are amazing. I look forward to participating in all the things I once avoided.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Speights, MD?
Dr. Speights recently cared for my 83 year old mother. I highly recommend him. He is very personable, confident, and a caring physician. His entire staff is pleasant and helpful. I was most impressed with how fast he was able to see her and schedule the procedure. She had a prolapsed uterus and bladder. The procedure was a hysterectomy and bladder sling. She is doing exceptionally well! Simply amazing. Besides being a great physician....he is a wonderful person. Thanks, Chiyoko Family
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Speights, MD?
Dr. Speights repaired several issues that I had been troubled with for some time. I can now return to my normal daily activities without any problems. So thankful for Dr. Speights.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Speights, MD?
Dr. Speights is kind, thorough and a wonderful doctor! He takes time to discuss all of my options with my husband and me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Speights, MD?
I had a total hysterectomy, bladder suspension and pelvic repair this year with Dr Speights and Dr. Harris and was overwhelmed with the kindness and attention that I received from both of them. The surgery went very well, short time under anesthesia and in recovery. Most of all there was little to no pain after surgery. I was up walking and caring for myself immediately and never needed a pain pill. This was categorized as 'major surgery' and I am still amazed that it was so easy! Class Act
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Speights, MD?
Wish I had know about him long ago. Wonderful Dr. & staff. Got a bladder sling procedure scheduled. I have full confidence in him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Speights, MD?
I would recommend Dr Speights to anyone the staff was wonderful and Dr.Speights was very nice and very good bed side manners.He is very good.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Speights, MD?
Dr. Speights is a wonderful, Christian man who is very personable and compassionate toward his patients and their family. He treated me and my family with the greatest respect. Want a great doctor, see Dr. Speights! I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Speights, MD?
I had a sling procedure done and am beyond thrilled with the outcome. I would have it done again in a heartbeat if necessary. I felt like family
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Speights?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Speights treats patients.

Compare Providers