Dr. Steven H. Silverman, MD

Dr. Steven H. Silverman, MD

Vascular Surgery | Male | 61 years old

I have been caring for patients with peripheral vascular disease for over 25 years. I am truly committed in getting the best outcome and using all modalities and technologies to achieve this result. I have strived to stay on the cutting edge of vascular surgery to offer my patients multiple ways to achieve the best outcome. I am a strong believer in amputation prevention and I pursue this via a variety of complex vascular procedures many which are minimally invasive. Please visit my web site: amputation-prevention.com I care for patients with carotid stenosis and I have performed over 1000 carotid endarterectomies. Most of these are done under local anesthesia which is particularly conducive for the elderly population. Most patients with abdominal aortic aneurysms are treated with a stent, a minimally invasive approach. They are usually done under local anesthesia and patients are typically discharged the same day. Read more

Steven H. Silverman, MD, Vascular Surgery
1215 S East Ave
Sarasota, FL 34239 Get Directions

I have been caring for patients with peripheral vascular disease for over 25 years. I am truly committed in getting the best outcome and using all modalities and technologies to achieve this result. I have strived to stay on the cutting edge of vascular surgery to offer my patients multiple ways to achieve the best outcome. I am a strong believer in amputation prevention and I pursue this via a variety of complex vascular procedures many which are minimally invasive. Please visit my web site: amputation-prevention.com I care for patients with carotid stenosis and I have performed over 1000 carotid endarterectomies. Most of these are done under local anesthesia which is particularly conducive for the elderly population. Most patients with abdominal aortic aneurysms are treated with a stent, a minimally invasive approach. They are usually done under local anesthesia and patients are typically discharged the same day.Read more

Dr. Silverman's Experience

See how Dr. Silverman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Silverman

Dr. Silverman accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Silverman has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Silverman
Dr. Silverman's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (17)
in Sarasota, FL |
I referred a family member to him and was present during the visit. Dr. Silverman is both personable and competent, which is the combination I seek for myself, my family, and my patients.
in North Port, FL |
Dr. Silverman is very knowledgeable and experienced Vascular Surgery doctor. When I first was seen by him, I had very deep and dangerous wound on my big toe on the left foot. After several tests and ultrasound I was diagnosed with very poor blood circulation on my left leg. Without any promises on my recovery, Dr. Silverman during five months struggling for saving my foot and even my left leg. He performed several procedures on my arteries and save my foot. I am very grateful for that.
in Englewood, FL |
I appreciate all the excellent care provided by Dr. Silverman and his staff! The wait time can be long, but I don't mind it, knowing I will receive the best care possible by Dr. Silverman.
in Sarasota, FL |
I was evaluated at a very famous clinic in Fla. for my black foot and no treatment was done. I saw Dr. Silverman in the hospital and he immediately put dye in my arteries and opened up some of them. I am still not sure if my foot will be saved but I have much less pain and I feel I have a chance.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Silverman is gifted. He is also experienced - not just a vascular issues, but in treating how the body works holistically. He listens intently and invests himself in his patients. I was able to discontinue Warfarin ahead of schedule because of his proactive ordering of blood tests. He has seen me speedily for unexpected ultrasounds and discovered an underlying endocrine problem that I misinterpreted as vascular. He is genuinely concerned about patient needs and very dedicated.
Terrible scheduling everytime. Have been seeimg this DR since may of 2015 and every visit told office will call you in 2-4 weeks to schedule procedure. Never happens....just follow ups scheduled. Today is the last visit....giving DR paperwork to have records transferred to another DR. Don't waste your time here.
Every patient is given the time they need which does sometimes results in delays. The last day this patient came in I was in an emergency, he was notified of the delay as I still was able to make it to the office. The other patients seemed to understand. We never turn anyone down and we see patients whenever they need to be seemed due to our strong committment to patient care.
Have you seen Dr. Steven H. Silverman, MD?

Dr. Silverman's Care Philosophy

Dr. Silverman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Vascular Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery and Vascular Surgery

Dr. Silverman has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Silverman's Board Certifications

• General Surgery
  • Vascular Surgery

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Atherosclerosis of Aorta
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Heart Disease
  • Median Arcuate Ligament Syndrome (MALS)
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm and Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease of Extremities
  • Peripheral Arterial Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Renal Artery Arteriosclerotic Disease
  • Ruptured Aortic Aneurysm
  • Secondary Hypertension
  • Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Varicose Veins

Shands Hosp/U

Completed in 1990

Univeristy Of Florida

Graduated in 1978

Dr. Silverman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Silverman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Vascular Surgery