Contact provider for availability

Podiatry ·  Male · Age 69

Dr. Shindler

Health Sciences Podiatry Center

1275 Summer St Ste 106 Stamford, CT 06905

Dr. Steven Shindler, DPM is a podiatry specialist in Stamford, CT and has been practicing for 42 years. He graduated from New York College Of Podiatric Medicine in 1976 and specializes in podiatry.

Dr. Shindler accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Shindler has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(203) 327-5622Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Shindler's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Ankle Instability
  • Ankle Laxity
  • Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
  • Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Bunion
  • Stress Fracture of Foot
  • Ulcer of Foot
  • Warts
  • Wound Care and Management

Dr. Shindler and his staff have a special concern for our patients based on 40 years of caring, not just for the human foot, but for the patient that it's attached to. In today's hustle-bustle world, most people do not take the time to smil...

• Podiatry

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shindler

Dr. Shindler?
Dr. Shindler's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Steven Shindler, DPM
Dr. Shindler was recommended by my primary physician during an emergency visit. I was in much pain, barely able to walk. 2014's winter had left an open sore on the bottom of one foot, painful ankles. Within 3 short visits, Dr. Shindler had successfully diagnosed the problem, secured orthotics for flat feet, recommended corrective shoes and socks, prescribed fungus curing medicines. He provided clear instructions covering all. I walked away from today's visit satisfied and attractive feet.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Shindler, DPM?
I have been treated by Dr. Shindler for many years for various foot problems. He has always been totally accessible, caring and most importantly, successful. He diligently takes time to explain what is wrong, how he will treat the problem and what I need to do for follow up care after my appointment. The office is spotless and he has great music playing in the background! I recommend him wholeheartedly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Shindler, DPM?
Dr. Schindler is great. He knows his medicine and explains everything to me. I love his sense of humor and compassion. I've been a patient of Dr. Schindler for about two years now with no regrets. His medical advice is always useful and top-notch. I would highly recommend Dr. Schindler to anyone who has foot problems. Karen, his assistant is terrific too. She's always willing to work with you for appointments, insurance, and other issues. Dr. Schindler is 5 stars all around. God bless Dr. and s
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Shindler, DPM?
Dr Shindler is simply awesome. I have had a number of issues during the last few years and his incredible knowledge and caring, both as a doctor and human being, is refreshing. He is a straight shooter, as honest as the day is long, and he is willing to go the extra mile to help his patients. His staff is friendly and thorough as well. I have recommended him countless times to friends with a wide range of needs and have been thanked every time. I am happy to give him 5 stars!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Shindler, DPM?
As a professional dancer who makes a living with my feet, Dr. Shindler and his staff have taken wonderful care off my feet. Not only does he thoroughly make sure I am taken care of medically but the atmosphere of the office is welcoming and relaxing. I have been seeing him for over 5 years and throughout those years have not injured my feet due to his care. Highly recommend!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Shindler, DPM?
Dr. Shindler was recommended to me by a member of my diabetes education class. I have not been disappointed. Straight to the point - I had a couple issues that have required medication and specific instructions for foot care. Together my treatment has been successful. Explanations of my problems were easy to understand. I have never had to wait but would have gladly done so for another patient's emergency. An intelligent man well beyond his medical specialties.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Shindler, DPM?
Dr. Shindler is an outstanding podiatrist who has taken care of my foot needs for years. Without his expert care, I would not have the quality of life I am experiencing. I see Dr. Shindler quite often and every time I am in the office, I am treated with the best care.. Thank you, Dr. Shindler, for being my excellent podiatrist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Shindler, DPM?
I had been to two other Doctors previously to Dr. Schindler due to a pain in my heels. They had misdiagnosed my pain, wasted my time (three years)and money on the wrong type of orthodics. I knew after the first visit that I had finally met the right Doctor by the questions and his examination procedures. It took maybe a month with the proper orthodics and stretches prescribed by him for my feet to start thefinally reversal of the damage done by the improper diagnosis of my problem. Thank You Dr
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Shindler, DPM?
Dr. Shindler is outstanding. I recently had an urgent and extremely painful condition and his assistant assured me and fit me in. Although I was nervous and in a great deal of pain I felt immediately at ease. He and his staff are warm, caring and professional. The office and equipment is spotless which is essential. he is thorough addressing my needs and questions. Highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Shindler, DPM?
I've been a patient of Dr. Shindler for over 30 years. In that time, he has performed surgery on me, given me injections, made orthotics, and treated various foot related ailments. He has a warm and engaging style, is very attentive, and knowledgeable. His office staff is always friendly and helpful, especially his office manager Karen. There is no podiatrist other than Dr. Shindler as far as I'm concerned.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Shindler, DPM?
If you value intelligent medical attention, a spotlessly clean office, courteous staff and attention to detail, then Dr. Shindler's office is where you will find what you are looking for.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Shindler, DPM?
Dr. Shindler is a superb podiatrist and incredible individual. His compassion, medical knowledge and willingness to spend the time required to properly diagnose, treat and follow-up with his patients is unparalleled. You won't find a friendlier, more accommodating office staff anywhere. This office treats its patients like family!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Shindler, DPM?
I have been with Dr. Shindler for about 12 years and have been very pleased with the care and service i receive. He is always compassionate and explains things so I understand it (not having a medical background). Dr. Shindler is patient and always put me at ease. He listened to my complaints and eased any discomfort. His Office Manager, Karen, has always been respectful and pleasant. She has handled challenging insurance problems for me. I highly recommend Dr. Shindler.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Shindler, DPM?
Dr.Shindler is the only Doctor I know that will spend as much time as is needed to discuss any conditions or procedures he deems necessary. He takes a personal interest in all of his patients and is certainly well informed as to new procedures and pharmaceuticals available. The office is so spotless that one could literally eat off the floor. Attention to detail is evident but it is the doctor's keen interest in his patients' welfare that makes him an outstanding Doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Shindler, DPM?
I was referred to Dr. Shindler by my husband and have been his patient for about 12 years. Dr. Shindler has listened to my ailments and shown compassion for me. He treated me effectively and always told me what he would be doing prior to doing the treatment. Dr. Shindler demonstrated warmth and a good sense of humor which relaxed me. The Office Manager, Karen, always treated me with respect and warmth. She was very helpful with insurance issues and did so with a smile.I recommend them highly
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Shindler, DPM?
My experience at Dr. Shindler's office was exceptional. He is the most thorough doctor I have ever been to. He took the time to really get to the bottom of my foot condition. I have never felt better. I would highly recommend Dr. Shindler. The office is very clean and the office manager is very helpful and thoughtful. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Shindler, DPM?
I brought my daughter to Dr. Shindler to address a problem she was having with her feet. I was so impressed with the attention and care she received, I made an appointment for myself the following day. I received the same care and attention from Dr. Shindler as my daughter did. I would highly recommend Dr. Shindler!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Shindler, DPM?
I wouldn't even make my worst enemies go to Dr. Shindler. The single WORST doctor's experience I've ever had. I had to wait in the waiting area for over an hour only to have to reschedule my appointment. Dr. Shindler also completely misdiagnosed my issue, which was resolved by another podiatrist in town. The worst kicker was that he charged me $350 for my visit without warning me of the cost because his receptionist Karen couldn't figure out how to make a routine insurance filing. Beyond awful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Shindler, DPM?

How was your experience with Dr. Shindler?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Shindler treats patients.

Stamford Hospital