Pediatrics  |
Dr. Steven Shechtman, MD
Dr. Steven Shechtman, MD is a pediatrics doctor who practices in Des Plaines, IL. He is 68 years old and has been practicing for 42 years.

8901 Golf Rd Ste 303

Des Plaines, IL 60016

• HealthLink
  • Priority Health
  • Sagamore Health Network

Learn about Dr. Shechtman

Dr. Shechtman's Experience

Dr. Shechtman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pediatrics
  • Board certified in Pediatrics

• Pediatrics

• Pediatrics
    Accredited by: American Board of Pediatrics*

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago
    Medical School | Graduated 1975

Dr. Shechtman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shechtman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shechtman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shechtman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shechtman to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Shechtman's Performance
in Barrington, IL |
I met Dr. Shechtman the day after my eldest son was born in 1995. He has cared for all 3 of my sons their entire lives. He is worth every second of the hour drive I make to see him. He has gone out of his way, even contacting and conversing with specialists for me during emergency situations. I feel lucky and fortunate that my 18, 21, and 22 year olds have had such exceptional care under him and his team. He is there 24/7. I dread the day when he will not be able to look after my boys.
in Chicago, IL |
All 3 of my children, the youngest 8 now, have gone to Dr. Shectman. He and his staff have always been very good to us and lived through our green parenting years. He answered calls no matter what time of the day and no matter how crazy we were. Our kids were well taken care of by him and his staff. I see other reviews that are talking to billing and insurance issues, which are not reflective on the Dr or his staff, but a screwed up healthcare system.
Mount Prospect, IL |
My wife went for flu shot for my son which is covered by my insurance but to my surprise, I got a invoice of 178 USD from doctor's office. When I checked with their billing department, I was told that it is new patient charge for which we were never told and they said, it is assumed that when you go first time, you will be charged. On other side my insurance told me that they rejected the claim because it was charged as physical which I already did for my son couple of months back. When I checke
in Round Lake Heights, IL |
Dr. Shechtman has been my son's Pediatrician since the day he was born, a little over 15 years ago. I would NEVER take my son to anyone else. They have a great relationship. My son absolutely loves him and so do we. I wish he was able to see me and my husband. Best doctor, best staff!
in Mount Prospect, IL |
Highly recommend. Our family simply adores him. We've been seeing Dr Schectman for over 10 years (since my son was born). He's very knowledgeable, professional, friendly and caring (also very calming with a common sense approach). There are open office hours most mornings, which is very convenient when your child is sick and you need to get in right away. The staff is also very friendly and professional. They must really enjoy what they do, since most have been there several years.
The doctor himself was ok but the hassle with the rude and unorganized staff is not worth it! Very tight and uncomfortable waiting room and exam rooms. Amount of time spent with doctor was less than 5 minutes per visit so I never felt completely satisfied with our visits.
I have been bringing my children to Dr. Shechtman for 27 yrs. Just recently his staff accepted my Blue Cross insurance for payment on a physical and booster shots for my son. Afterwards they informed me that they would not accept my insurance and want me to pay $700 for a visit that is considered a wellness visit & therefore, no charge to the patient. I have agreed to pay the amount which the insurance company would reimburse Dr. for and asked if he would be willing to waive the rest. He won't
Have you seen Dr. Steven Shechtman, MD?
Are you Dr. Shechtman?