Dr. Steven Schutzer, MD

Dr. Steven Schutzer, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Orthopedic Associates of Hartford 499 Farmington Ave Ste 200 Farmington, CT 06032 Get Directions

As a physician, I strive to provide excellent, compassionate care, working with my patients to achieve 'Best Care for a Lifetime'

Dr. Steven Schutzer, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Farmington, CT. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 39 years. Dr. Schutzer is affiliated with Saint Francis Care.

Dr. Schutzer's Experience

See how Dr. Schutzer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schutzer

Dr. Schutzer accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Schutzer has admitting privileges.

Dr. Schutzer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schutzer to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Schutzer's Performance
in New Hartford, CT |
I recently had a Total knee replacement. Dr. Schutzer was very thorough, from explaining my options to what to expect from the procedure. He was always available and accessible and followed up with me each day during my inpatient stay. To say that CJRI is a well oiled professional machine is an understatement. I can honestly say the entire experience well exceeded my expectation.
Windsor, CT |
Several weeks ago I wrote a review for Dr. Schutzer based upon my experience with him and his staff during pre surgery visits. Now that the surgery is over I am even more grateful to him. My hip replacement was a success. I can hardly believe that I am pain free. Ellen Buda
in Windsor, CT |
Although I have not yet had my surgery for hip replacement I am scheduled for March 8th. I had a left replacement done 10 years ago. It was a great success. My original surgeon retired. Now I am under Dr. Schutzer's care. I Am very confident to be placing my trust in him. His professionalism along with those of his staff is very impressive.
in Rocky Hill, CT |
2 weeks ago, I had a total right hip replacement. I am in awe of the work of art I saw on my recent X-Ray, I am walking and recovering very well. Dr. Schutzer treated me with extreme care and the utmost clarity. All of my family and neighbors are surprised how well I am walking
Curious that you waited two years to write this. Money has never been a motivating factor in surgical decision making. I do not prescribe PT for the majority of my Total Hip patients because most elect to do their rehabilitation independently. For those with profound weakness, I use PT but wait at least 6 weeks post-surgery to allow safe healing and not risk complications. If you are having problems it has NOTHING to do with not having PT two years ago. Make an appointment I bet I can help.
in Hebron, CT |
Felt that $$ was a motivating factor in his recommending surgery. in fact,when i was having 2nd thoughts,he told me this isn't about the money even though i never considered that as a reason for not having the procedure. Surgery went well,but he does not recommend any PT,only walking (tough in winter). When I requested PT,it took a week of my calling daily for him to ok it(4 wks post). My hip muscles & tendons are still not right (surgery 2+ yrs ago). Im 58, PT would've helped dramatically.
in Southwick, MA |
Dr. Schutzer is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is old school. He controls everything, he checks everything and you get the sense that he loves his work. I cannot recommend this doctor enough - if you need to have work done - I'd wait until he was available.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Schutzer, MD?

Compare Dr. Schutzer

Dr. Schutzer's Care Philosophy

Dr. Schutzer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Schutzer has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

Why It Matters: Dr. Schutzer's Board Certifications