Dr. Steven Schopler, MD

Dr. Steven Schopler, MD

Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery | Male

At the Southern California Orthopedic Institute, we are dedicated to providing the best possible care available for people of all ages and all walks of life. In addition, we serve as a leading educator of orthopedic surgery technique to surgeons around the world.

Dr. Steven Schopler, MD is a pediatric orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Bakersfield, CA. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 37 years.

Dr. Schopler's Experience

See how Dr. Schopler's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schopler

Dr. Schopler accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Schopler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schopler to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Schopler's Performance
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Schopler was efficient, professional and extremely knowledgeable. I felt as though he was the right person to perform my surgery and he kept my skeptical mind at ease. The surgery all went smoothly, and he kept in touch with me to make sure that the recovery was going well. All in all, I had an excellent experience with him and would recommend him to anyone who is having cervical / neck problems.
in Bakersfield, CA |
From the first meeting through the post-op I felt assured I was in the right hands. The staff was very courteous and attentive. After the surgery I posted a question on the loop and received a call within the hour. I would recommend Dr. Schopler to anyone.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr Schopler did a great job removing the bone spurs on my spine that has given me problems for years. His PA, Ms Fish is fantastic explaining what you need to know. GREAT about making sure you get the medicine that works.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Was involved in a traffic accident. Insurance sent me in to see Dr. Schopler. He first looked at the MRI of my back and neck & asked if I hired a lawyer. I said YES. He said YOU DON'T NEED SURGERY & walked out. I was in pain but happy that I didn't need an operation. Pain was getting worse & worse. 3 months later I was taken to the hospital where they did emergency back surgery due to the fact that my spinal cord was damaged to the point that I was almost paralyzed. A neck surgery followed.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Had a second fusion done at SCOI. First one was done by Dr.Grossman. Dr.Schopler explained my issues and offered his solutions. Everything went according to plan. Surgery is not a perfect science. I see people all over the Internet complaining about the procedures, the recovery, pain, etc. The desire to get better and recover is the responsibility of the patient. Following instructions and using available resources is a must. I would recommend Dr.Schopler and SCOI.
in Lake Isabella, CA |
My experience with Dr. Schopler was absolutely awful. I wouldn't recommend him at all. He was very inconsiderate about my pain. When he gave me an epidural he hit my dura causing a spinal leak. With that i ended up in excrusiating pain & admitted into Memorial hospital. There I got a MRI, he said he was unable to see the leak. I had 100% of the symptoms. (He practiacally told me I was faking it) They gave me a blood patch at SCOI & it only held for a few days. I ended up getting a second opinion
Have you seen Dr. Steven Schopler, MD?
Are you Dr. Schopler?

Compare Dr. Schopler

Dr. Schopler's Care Philosophy

Dr. Schopler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Schopler has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Schopler's Board Certifications