Dr. Steven Schopler, MD

Spinal Cord Injury Medicine ·  Male · Age 65

Dr. Schopler

Dr. Steven Schopler, MD is a spinal cord injury specialist in Bakersfield, CA and has been practicing for 33 years. He graduated from University Of Wisconsin Medical School in 1980 and specializes in spinal cord injury medicine, orthopedic surgery, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Schopler accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Schopler has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(661) 328-5565Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Schopler's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Schopler's Top Procedures and Conditions

Scoliosis

Dr. Schopler treats Scoliosis more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Schopler treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Acrodysplasia Scoliosis

• Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Scoliosis Surgery
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spine Surgery

At the Southern California Orthopedic Institute, we are dedicated to providing the best possible care available for people of all ages and all walks of life. In addition, we serve as a leading educator of orthopedic surgery technique to surgeons around the world.

• Spinal Cord Injury Medicine

Dr. Schopler's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Steven Schopler, MD
Great doctor and staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Schopler, MD?
Dr. Schopler, Ms. Fish, Melissa and the rest of Dr. Schopler's team are kind, caring, professional and extremely competent. I am very grateful to have them as my healthcare team!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Schopler, MD?
Dr Schopler dud surgery on my daughter that had to be repaired 1 year later at Cedars-Sinai. The Drs there told me that the surgery Dr Schopler did on my daughter should not have been done. She was in excruciating pain and in a hospital bed for 30 days after the Drs at Cedars repaired his mistakes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Schopler, MD?
He is patient, kind and great bedside manners. He his honest and does not lead you down an unexpected path.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Schopler, MD?
A very caring, honest and excellent surgeon. This is my second surgery and would go back again if necessary.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Schopler, MD?
I have had a wonderful experience with back fushion. I am 2 weeks from surgery. He explained everything well. I felt very informed about all options and extremely comfortable with outcomes and results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Schopler, MD?
I was extremely scared to have two disc replaced at 36 years old but I am so happy I did it. A week prior to my surgery I met two people who had the same surgery by Schopler and told me how great their progress has been. I would do it again, only if SCOI and Dr Schopler did it. No complaints!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Schopler, MD?
Dr schopler was very polite professional and knowledgeable made me feel calm and extremely relax about the procedure. His staff was also very prompt and polite. Excellent surgeon for recommend to anyone
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Schopler, MD?
Dr. Schopler seems astute and competent in his bedside manner and approach to my medical issue. A good friend (a nurse in the medical field) had back surgery done by Dr. Schopler and she thought he was fabulous. Seems to have relief of your pain or discomfort as his primary goal. Getting a first appointment with Dr. Schopler can take some time as he seems to be very busy. I'll be taking my 13-year-old to him for back issues soon. Recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Schopler, MD?
He and his PA are an amazing team!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Schopler, MD?
Absolutely professional! Best pre-surgery information as I have ever received and treatment followed exactly as was discussed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Schopler, MD?
Dr. Schopler & his staff were very professional, very courteous, from A to Z would recommend 100 percent! Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Schopler, MD?
Comes off gruff at first, but once you get used to his way he is great.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Schopler, MD?
After being in a severe car accident with major injuries. I feel the neck and back surgery I received, I feel Dr. Shopler has done a great job. Thank You D. Cano
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Schopler, MD?
After suffering a neck injury from an accident, my condition was getting increasingly worse. I received a referral to Dr. Schopler, who was able to explain everything that was happening and why I had so much pain so we tried various treatments to help me. Dr. Schopler recently completed a multi level diskectomy and within 2 weeks, the horrible pain I had for the last 6 months was gone!! This might not be the answer for everyone, but he was a miracle worker for me. THANK YOU Dr. Schopler!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Schopler, MD?
Dr. Schopler was efficient, professional and extremely knowledgeable. I felt as though he was the right person to perform my surgery and he kept my skeptical mind at ease. The surgery all went smoothly, and he kept in touch with me to make sure that the recovery was going well. All in all, I had an excellent experience with him and would recommend him to anyone who is having cervical / neck problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Schopler, MD?
From the first meeting through the post-op I felt assured I was in the right hands. The staff was very courteous and attentive. After the surgery I posted a question on the loop and received a call within the hour. I would recommend Dr. Schopler to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Schopler, MD?
Dr Schopler did a great job removing the bone spurs on my spine that has given me problems for years. His PA, Ms Fish is fantastic explaining what you need to know. GREAT about making sure you get the medicine that works.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Schopler, MD?
Was involved in a traffic accident. Insurance sent me in to see Dr. Schopler. He first looked at the MRI of my back and neck & asked if I hired a lawyer. I said YES. He said YOU DON'T NEED SURGERY & walked out. I was in pain but happy that I didn't need an operation. Pain was getting worse & worse. 3 months later I was taken to the hospital where they did emergency back surgery due to the fact that my spinal cord was damaged to the point that I was almost paralyzed. A neck surgery followed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Schopler, MD?
Had a second fusion done at SCOI. First one was done by Dr.Grossman. Dr.Schopler explained my issues and offered his solutions. Everything went according to plan. Surgery is not a perfect science. I see people all over the Internet complaining about the procedures, the recovery, pain, etc. The desire to get better and recover is the responsibility of the patient. Following instructions and using available resources is a must. I would recommend Dr.Schopler and SCOI.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Schopler?