Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Steven Rubin, MD
Dr. Steven Rubin, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Merrick, NY. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Rubin is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital and South Nassau Communities Hospital.

131 Merrick Rd Ste 1

Merrick, NY 11566

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Rubin

Dr. Rubin's Experience

Dr. Rubin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gastroenterology

• Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Malabsorption
  • Unexplained Weight Loss
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures

No malpractice history found for New York.

• St George's University School Of Med
  • University Pa Health Sys Presby M C
  • Wills Eye Hospital
  • Lenox Hill Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Rubin has no media or publications listed.

• Italian

Dr. Rubin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rubin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rubin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rubin to family and friends
Dr. Rubin's Performance
in Patchogue, NY |
I highly recommend Dr. Rubin
in Merrick |
Dr Rubin is a doctor who cares about his patients. He is very easy to talk to explain in detail any questions that you may have. I have been his patient for 10 years.
in Island Park, NY |
Dr. Rubin is nothing short of being not just a great physician. He truly cares for every patient that walks through his door. he has no problem going the extra mile for you. his staff is very friendly and professional. there is no words that would do justice for the doctor and his staff. Highly recommend him!
in Freeport, NY |
Dr. Rubin found an answer to my 78 year young mom's problem. His amazing personality brought her back to life. Additionally, Dr. Rubin would call me to check up on her personally while she was undergoing treatment. Hence, he did not stop until finding a cure. Thank you Dr. Rubin for bringing my mommy back to us. Lastly, Dr. Rubin's staff was so amazingly friendly and he will not stop until he does not get an answer to your problem.
in huntington, ny |
I have been a patient of Dr. Rubin's for 16+ years. He is one of the most compassionate, kind, and caring individuals I have ever had the pleasure to have been treated by. He takes the time every visit to go over my history, ask the important questions and address any issues that I am having. I feel that I am getting the best care possible. Dr. Rubin is invested in me as his patient. He asks for my husband by name and the well being of my family , and he actually listens !!! LOVE THIS DOCTOR
in Long Beach, New York |
I am a new patient of Dr. Rubin. He actually called me directly to discuss the results of my lab tests! I have never had a doctor do that. He is incredibly thorough, caring and brilliant. You never feel rushed as he spends a great deal of time with you. He really listens to what you say. Dr. Rubin is kind and has a great sense of humor. But more than anything, his expertise in his medical specialty is unmatched as is the level of care he gives his patients.
Sayville, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr.Rubin since 2013,he is a stand out physician for several reasons -Listens to what you have to say and ensures you fully understand his recommendations -Makes you feel like the most important person in office -Although he is very 'in demand', never feels rushed -He really cares about patients: When I was hospitalized (new patient) he personally called regularly to see how I was and what was happening -He is well worth my 1hr (each way) drive for appt HIGHLY RECOMMEND
in Wantagh, NY |
My daughter was seen for an acid reflux condition. Dr Rubin immediately ordered the appropriate tests for her. She was examined with the camera which took some pictures that revealed a mild redness. He addressed that issue with some medication for a few months to heal. Also biopsy of relevant areas were done to rule out any other condition/s. We felt very comfortable with our experience at his office. I felt he explained it fully and confidently. Very nice man, nice to deal with.
in Hicksville, NY |
Doctor Rubin is a young knowledgeable Doctor with an old fashion approach to medicine. His practice is run efficiently, he takes the time to review your chart during each visit, his questions let you know that he knows your history and he takes the time to explore and explain in detail any questions you are concerned about regarding your health and overall well being. After I leave his office I feel the visit to the doctor was valuable, worth the time and I was treated with dignity.
in Merrick |
I would recommend Dr. Rubin to everyone I know. He has seen me through what was a scary diagnosis and also a concerning family history with kindness, care, compassion and knowledge. I feel I can ask him anything and he takes me seriously which is rare these days. I trust him to always do what's best for me. No matter how busy he is, he spends as much time as you need when it's your turn without making you feel the least bit rushed.
in Glen Cove, NY |
Dr. Rubin saw me as a new patient the same day I called for an appointment! The staff is helpful and personable, they cared more about my aliments then how my payment would be covered. Dr. Rubin, was extremely respectful to my issues/concerns and assured me that he would take good care of me and he DID!! Within one short month I'm much better! My follow-up was just as pleasant as the first. Sometimes thing happen for a reason. I’m glad that reason brought me to this office!
in Merrick, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Rubin for about 20 years. He is incredibly knowledgeable about his field. He is thorough in his exams, an expert diagnostician and his bedside manner is second to none. Dr. Rubin is one of the most compassionate doctors I have known. He works with an incredible anesthesiologist for his procedures, and I have always felt well taken care during the upper and lower GI series I have had with Dr. Rubin. His staff is efficient and caring and his office is well-run.
in Lynbrook, NY |
Although the wait is sometimes a little longer than anticipated, I am never rushed when I am either in the exam room or speaking to Dr. Rubin about my health care needs or concerns. I have been going to Dr. Rubin for my gastroenterology needs for many years. His patience, knowledge and concern for the person he is treating far exceeds my expectations for a doctor. I know that when I go to him for my medical needs that I am getting the best care possible.
in astoria, ny |
I was referred to Dr. Rubin on an emergency basis. He saw me immediately (which no other doctor would do,) ordered same day cat scan (Friday before Memorial Day weekend) and an endoscopy (the following Tuesday.) He was able to get to the bottom of my problem very quickly and begin treating me. His follow-up is unbelievable, paying attention to every detail of test results, referring when necessary to a network of doctors who are also excellent. Very caring, very concerned.Wish he was my GP!!
in Commack, NY |
Dr. Rubin is everything you wish all doctors were like. He listened to all my concerns, he really takes care of his patients. Even when a test resulted in something nothing to do with his specialty, he took the time to explain and coordinate with other doctors to make sure I was taken care of. I highly recommend Dr. Rubin.
in Bayside, NY |
There are not enough characters available to express how AMAZING Dr. Rubin is. This man is as smart, attentive, and empathetic as they come. Dr. Rubin treated me like family. Being 19 and not being able to enjoy life anymore was demoralizing. After suffering for 8-9 months with debilitating symptoms, Dr. Rubin finally changed my life. I thought I was going to be sick forever. I really lost hope. Finally, we found out it was my gallbladder! It's been a week since surgery and I am on the mend!
in Bellmore, NY |
My wife has always wanted a Dr. that was warm and "fuzzy". Dr. Rubin is both AND personable, knowledgeable, professional and truly engaged with his patients. He has always been extremely thorough in his work while his caring nature shines through each and every visit. Dr. Rubin has an extended list of professionals that he will offer when their specialty is required for own his patients. My family has been patients of his for over 15 years and we continually recommend Dr. Rubin.
Dr. Rubin is as smart as they come. He spends as much time as is needed with each patient and has a bedside manner second to none. I highly recommend him. He is not just a great doctor he is a great person. Gregg
in Seaford, NY |
Dr. Rubin listen to your questions and your concerns. He calls you back the same day. I don't feel rushed in or out and I feel like he really cares. I highly recommend anyone who is in need of a gastro doctor, that Dr Rubin will take good care of you. All his staff are friendly too.
in Hewlett, NY |
Dr. Rubin and his staff are careing and professional. The first appointment they were running behind schedule and took the time to call me to let me know rather than sit in the office waiting room for hours. When my insurance would not cover the cost ($140.) of the prep medicine for colonoscopy, they called me and said to come to the office and they will give to me. All and all a great group.
in Bayside, NY |
Dr. Rubin is an outstanding doctor that goes above and beyond his scope of practice. He is impressing thorough and a true collaborator. He spends so much time gathering as much information as possible and sends out for testing in any area of concern. He is so thorough that I was found to have thyroiditis due to one of the symptoms I believed could be related to a GI issue. This doctor is your go to guy for any gastro issues!!
in Freeport, NY |
Dr. Rubin helped me overcome a serious illness. He not only provided a thorough examination, he also guided me through my hospital procedure by providing follow-up telephone calls that consisted of my wellbeing, what the medical process entailed, was i taking the prescribed medication in a timely manner, and providing assurance that he was there if I was displaying any discomfort.
in Merrick, NY |
For years I have dealt with numerous stomach/digestion issues and after a brief hospital stay I was recommended to Dr Rubin. He spent a lot of time asking questions and reviewing my past history. He came to a conclusion no doctor had before and it has honestly changed my life. I follow up with him every 4 months to make sure all is on track and each visit is never rushed and he takes the time to listen and answer any question I have. He is very caring, thorough, and explains things in detail.
in New Hyde Park, NY |
He is a very fine Dr who really cares about the patients health. He did a blood test for me and discovered I was low in iron. No Dr ever checked for that and fixing my iron problem improved my life. If not for Dr Rubin I would still feel lightheaded. He is a Dr that can change your life
Merrick |
Dr Rubin is thorough and communicative. From the moment he met with me he showed genuine concern and even went as far as following up later that evening with a phone call. In numerous follow ups he has showed compassion and continued concern by meeting with my husband and I in the conference room to discuss his findings. Dr Rubin goes out of his way to make each patient feel comfortable and individually cared for
in East Meadow, NY |
When you walk for first time at a doctor's office, sometimes is intimidating. The staff are very friendly, courteous, but when I met doctor Rubin, he speaks with kindness, knowledge and understanding. He listen and answer questions with such of knowledge that gives you the confidence to express/say/ask any questions or comments that you may have. I highly recommend Mr. Rubin and his staffs.
in Huntington, NY |
Competent, thorough, cordial, personable.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Steven Rubin is the best doctor that I have ever dealt with. He is extremely thorough, he spends a lot of time asking questions and explaining details...He has found things that my internist has not, he is not an alarmist but very practical and conservative and extremely conscientious. He is very smart, very nice, his bedside manners are fantastic, he treats my whole family and everyone loves him. I He is by far the best doctor I know...Wendy, his office manager is great too.
in N. Bellmore, NY |
My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Rubin for well over 10 years. He not only gives a thorough exam and listens to all questions and complaints, he always reviews our charts and updates the need for any testing and makes suggestions to discuss with our primary. He is attentive and spends as much time as needed with each patient, so we don't mind if we have to wait past our appointment time.
Bellmore, NY |
AMAZING care! I can't thank Dr. Rubin and his wonderful staff for everything they have done for me. Not only is Dr. Rubin an intelligent and caring physician, but the two young ladies he works with always make the visit so seamless and make me feel so at ease! Cannot recommend them enough.
in Bellmore, NY |
Dr Rubin always has time to accommodate myself and my family members. He is very dedicated to his patients. Him, and the two lovely women who work with him make me feel so comfortable and taken care of. Highly recommend.
in Levittown NY |
Dr Rubin is great. His staff is terrible. Wendy is medical assistant is a raging rude person.She's rude to the patients especially to the ones who are very ill. His whole front staff is incompetent but Wendy the medical assistant should be fired. She speaks down to patients , she treats them very bad. If you are waiting for results if a blood test it takes them weeks to call you back Webdy should be not working there.
in Rockville Center, NY |
I think Dr. Rubin is an excellent doctor but his staff is terrible. They are unprofessional, unorganized and lack sympathy. If I ever get my test results from this office, I plan on switiching to a different GI ASAP! BEWARE OF THE FRONT DESK STAFF!!!
Listens carefully and is a great diagnostician
Have you seen Dr. Steven Rubin, MD?
Are you Dr. Rubin?

Visit Dr. Rubin

Dr. Rubin accepts 9 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
    BlueConnect HMO
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO