Dr. Steven Rubin, MD

Dr. Steven Rubin, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

Dr. Steven Rubin, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Merrick, NY. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Rubin is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital and South Nassau Communities Hospital.

Dr. Rubin's Experience

See how Dr. Rubin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rubin

Dr. Rubin accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Rubin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Rubin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rubin to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Rubin's Performance
Dr. Rubin is as smart as they come. He spends as much time as is needed with each patient and has a bedside manner second to none. I highly recommend him. He is not just a great doctor he is a great person. Gregg
in Seaford, NY |
Dr. Rubin listen to your questions and your concerns. He calls you back the same day. I don't feel rushed in or out and I feel like he really cares. I highly recommend anyone who is in need of a gastro doctor, that Dr Rubin will take good care of you. All his staff are friendly too.
in Hewlett, NY |
Dr. Rubin and his staff are careing and professional. The first appointment they were running behind schedule and took the time to call me to let me know rather than sit in the office waiting room for hours. When my insurance would not cover the cost ($140.) of the prep medicine for colonoscopy, they called me and said to come to the office and they will give to me. All and all a great group.
in Bayside, NY |
Dr. Rubin is an outstanding doctor that goes above and beyond his scope of practice. He is impressing thorough and a true collaborator. He spends so much time gathering as much information as possible and sends out for testing in any area of concern. He is so thorough that I was found to have thyroiditis due to one of the symptoms I believed could be related to a GI issue. This doctor is your go to guy for any gastro issues!!
in Freeport, NY |
Dr. Rubin helped me overcome a serious illness. He not only provided a thorough examination, he also guided me through my hospital procedure by providing follow-up telephone calls that consisted of my wellbeing, what the medical process entailed, was i taking the prescribed medication in a timely manner, and providing assurance that he was there if I was displaying any discomfort.
in Merrick, NY |
For years I have dealt with numerous stomach/digestion issues and after a brief hospital stay I was recommended to Dr Rubin. He spent a lot of time asking questions and reviewing my past history. He came to a conclusion no doctor had before and it has honestly changed my life. I follow up with him every 4 months to make sure all is on track and each visit is never rushed and he takes the time to listen and answer any question I have. He is very caring, thorough, and explains things in detail.
in New Hyde Park, NY |
He is a very fine Dr who really cares about the patients health. He did a blood test for me and discovered I was low in iron. No Dr ever checked for that and fixing my iron problem improved my life. If not for Dr Rubin I would still feel lightheaded. He is a Dr that can change your life
Merrick |
Dr Rubin is thorough and communicative. From the moment he met with me he showed genuine concern and even went as far as following up later that evening with a phone call. In numerous follow ups he has showed compassion and continued concern by meeting with my husband and I in the conference room to discuss his findings. Dr Rubin goes out of his way to make each patient feel comfortable and individually cared for
in East Meadow, NY |
When you walk for first time at a doctor's office, sometimes is intimidating. The staff are very friendly, courteous, but when I met doctor Rubin, he speaks with kindness, knowledge and understanding. He listen and answer questions with such of knowledge that gives you the confidence to express/say/ask any questions or comments that you may have. I highly recommend Mr. Rubin and his staffs.
in Huntington, NY |
Competent, thorough, cordial, personable.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Steven Rubin is the best doctor that I have ever dealt with. He is extremely thorough, he spends a lot of time asking questions and explaining details...He has found things that my internist has not, he is not an alarmist but very practical and conservative and extremely conscientious. He is very smart, very nice, his bedside manners are fantastic, he treats my whole family and everyone loves him. I He is by far the best doctor I know...Wendy, his office manager is great too.
in N. Bellmore, NY |
My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Rubin for well over 10 years. He not only gives a thorough exam and listens to all questions and complaints, he always reviews our charts and updates the need for any testing and makes suggestions to discuss with our primary. He is attentive and spends as much time as needed with each patient, so we don't mind if we have to wait past our appointment time.
Bellmore, NY |
AMAZING care! I can't thank Dr. Rubin and his wonderful staff for everything they have done for me. Not only is Dr. Rubin an intelligent and caring physician, but the two young ladies he works with always make the visit so seamless and make me feel so at ease! Cannot recommend them enough.
in Bellmore, NY |
Dr Rubin always has time to accommodate myself and my family members. He is very dedicated to his patients. Him, and the two lovely women who work with him make me feel so comfortable and taken care of. Highly recommend.
in Levittown NY |
Dr Rubin is great. His staff is terrible. Wendy is medical assistant is a raging rude person.She's rude to the patients especially to the ones who are very ill. His whole front staff is incompetent but Wendy the medical assistant should be fired. She speaks down to patients , she treats them very bad. If you are waiting for results if a blood test it takes them weeks to call you back Webdy should be not working there.
in Rockville Center, NY |
I think Dr. Rubin is an excellent doctor but his staff is terrible. They are unprofessional, unorganized and lack sympathy. If I ever get my test results from this office, I plan on switiching to a different GI ASAP! BEWARE OF THE FRONT DESK STAFF!!!
Listens carefully and is a great diagnostician
Have you seen Dr. Steven Rubin, MD?
Are you Dr. Rubin?

Compare Dr. Rubin

}

Dr. Rubin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology

Dr. Rubin has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rubin's Board Certifications

• Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Malabsorption

Wills Eye Hospital
    Lenox Hill Hospital

Completed in 1995

• Italian

Dr. Rubin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rubin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures