Dr. Steven Rotter, MD

Dr. Steven Rotter, MD

Dermatology  |

Dr. Steven Rotter is a Board-Certified in Dermatologist and Fellowship-Trained Mohs Skin Cancer Surgeon. He is thoroughly committed to continuing his education and to obtaining the most advanced laser systems. His training, his genuine caring attitude, and his personal dedication to each patient combine to provide only the best results. Dr. Rotter recently received recognition from his peers by being awarded Top Doctor 2016 by Washingtonian Magazine and Top Doctor 2017 by Northern Virginia Magazine.

Center For Skin Surgery

8301 Old Courthouse Rd

Vienna, VA 22182

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Rotter

I want to educate patients about what treatments are available for them and work together to implement the plan that they helped create.

Dr. Rotter's Experience

Dr. Rotter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Keloid Scar
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Merkel Cell Carcinoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Skin Infections
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Varicose Veins

• Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Dermabrasion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Mohs Surgery

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• University of Maryland
  • The Johns Hopkins Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • University of Pennsylvania
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Rotter has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rotter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rotter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rotter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rotter to family and friends
Dr. Rotter's Performance
Fairfax, VA |
Dr. Rotter is professional and always explains the procedure thoroughly. He is exceptional and I will continue to be his patient.
Knoxville Tennessee |
Best dermatologist anywhere! I travel from Tennessee to see him because he and his staff are professional, courteous and worth it!
in Fairfax, Virginia |
Dr. Steven Rotter is outstanding in every respect. I had the misfortune to develop skin cancer on three occasions. But my good fortune was the referral I received from my dermatologist to visit Dr. Rotter for Mohs surgery.. My facial and hand surgeries went exceptionally well. Dr. Rotter thoroughly explained the type of cancers I had, how he would eradicate them, and what my experience would be during and post surgery. I am truly indebted to Dr. Rotter and give him my highest recommendation
in Mc Lean, VA |
Great experience with Dr. Rotter and his staff- prompt, knowledgeable, friendly. He clearly knows what he's doing and I couldn't be happier with the results.
in Chantilly, VA |
Dr Rotter and staff exhibited a high level of professionalism. Procedure was explained and successful.
Centreville, VA |
I was very impressed by Dr Rotter on my Moh procedure. He explained every detailed and encouraged my asking questions. He made sure I was fine throughout the procedure. I felt I was in good hands.
Annandale, VA |
My visit was pleasant as usual. Staff very pleasant, efficient and knowledgeable. Dr,Rotter is great, very informative and caring. I always feel comfortable and confident with his surgical skills. I Highly recommend Dr. Rotter
in Great Falls, VA |
Thoughtful and thurough consutation. Really provided an excellent overview of the propossed procedures. He was on time and engaged in exchange. My husband felt that his questions were answered. Really a very positive experience.
Springfield, VA |
Dr. Rotter explained what he was going to do, answered all my questions, and told me what to expect in the days ahead. I never felt that he gave me anything less than his full attention. He has a nice sense of humor, which put me much more at ease. The nurse was efficient, informative, and friendly, and the receptionist made me feel welcome. I left with the impression that everyone in the practice must like coming to work in the morning. I felt treated not just as a patient but also as a person.
Arlington, VA |
Dr. Rotter is a great communicator and he doesn't over sell his cosmetic services. He provides options and recommendations with relative cost and value of the outcome of each. He is also willing to talk to you about the next ten years and the surgical and non-surgical options that might exist now and as the industry changes. He provides his honest feedback regarding the value of the latest, costly procedures. His treatments reflect my wishes and he has kept me looking younger in a natural way!
Chantilly, VA |
My daughter and I have seen Dr. Rotter. There is no one better (and I've tried a few dermatologist) for surgery.
Potomac, MD |
I went to Dr. Rotter for a second opinion on a Mohs surgery recommendation. He is very knowledgeable and confirmed the original diagnosis and suggested treatment. He also gave me a ballpark cost estimate when I ask but was not certain on the reliability of his estimate. It would be nice if he could give me a sheet with an estimate and a statement of the variables which could change the cost.
in Clifton, VA |
Excellent surgeon. Friendly, knowledgeable nurses and other staff. He is efficient with my time and follows up post-surgically. Little or no scaring. After several surgeries with Dr. Rotter, I have never experienced a problem or wished for a different outcome.
Gainesville, VA |
Dr. Rotter and his staff are the best! I couldn't be more pleased with the results of my procedure.
in Fredericksburg, VA |
Dr. Rotter is a brilliant surgeon. I have been a patient almost since he started his practice. He is a warm, caring physician. His staff is well trained, friendly and courteous. He explains a planned procedures and what to expect following surgery. His staff calls the next day to ask how you are feeling and to answer any questions.
Falls Church, VA |
Dr. Rotter answered all my questions, explained the procedure to my satisfaction, and was very approachable with questions and concerns.
in Falls Church |
I saw Dr. Rotter for Mohs surgery; Although I arrived nearly 45 minutes early, I was immediately greeted by staff and taken to the exam room where preliminaries were promptly attended to with detailed explanations of everything to follow by a friendly and understanding assistant. Dr. Rotter entered very soon thereafter and began the procedure, with easy to understand explanations, while attentive to my comfort and well-being. I was highly impressed by his professionalism and caring.
in Fairfax Station, Virginia |
Dr. Steven Rotter and his entire staff are knowledgeable, professional, compassionate, and enjoyably personable!!! They regularly assure me that for any reason (questions or concerns) I am can contact them and they will arrange for me to be seen. I feel I have the best care possible and that they are genuinely interested in me as an individual. I have and will continue to refer others to their practice. Elaine S. Kramer, PhD
Springfield, VA |
I am so happy my neighbor referred me to Dr. Rotter. The office was clean and I am super happy with my results
in Falls Church, VA |
I think Dr. Rotter is a very competent surgeon. I have faith that my nose will look normal in time but reserve judgement until it has had time to heal. Right now it looks hideous because of the swelling and dried blood but it has only been 48 hours since the surgery. The facility and staff are top notch. I received a call from one of the nurses checking on my progress. I will report back after the healing process has had a chance. Main think is that my skin cancer is gone.
in McLean, VA |
A top notch outfit that is efficient, caring. I would grade it an A-plus.
in Silver Spring, MD |
Dr Rotter and his staff are extremely caring, professional and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend them.
Manassas, VA |
When the skin biopsy on the tip of my nose proved to be basal cell, I knew I wanted Moh's surgery and I wanted the best board certified surgeon. Dr. Rotter is simply the best; the most qualified and skilled! I am extremely satisfied and thankful that by choosing him, I have had the best possible outcome. The entire staff at Forefront are polite, caring and commendable!
Burke |
My father needed a squamous cell skin cancer removed from the side of his nose. Doctor Rotter did an excellent job. He explained what to expect as the wound healed. and to call him if we were concerned about anything. My father's nose has healed nicely. We would highly recommend Dr. Rotter to anyone.
Haymarket, VA |
Dr. Steven Rotter and his staff did an OUTSTANDING job in every way ! I got the CO2 laser done on my face and my skin looks AMAZING ! Dr. Steven Rotter has been working with laser for over 20 years....he is a very experienced, skilled and professional. I would not go to anyone else for laser work...he is the BEST !
in Fairfax, VA |
I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Steven Rotter for dermatology services. I have many different skin issues (Irish, and too much sun back in the day!) that Dr. Rotter has been able to address to my great satisfaction. I feel like I have control over my skin issues., and I am complimented regularly on how young and smooth my skin is ((I'm 55 years old). The courteous and professional staff complete the experience.
Tysons, VA |
Took my husband there & Dr. Rotter is the best he is a Dr that makes me feel like a friend but listens to all of my concerns. I have even decided to start seeing him myself. All his staff is wonderful to
Warrenton, VA |
You won't find a better Dermo/Plastic Surgeon in NOVA! I have been going to him for yrs for my daughter who gets keloids from acne & needed mole removal from her face. He is personable, professional, knowledgeable & punctual. Recently, I needed something removed from the back of my leg. While there, he suggested a chemical peel. He alleviated all my fears of being scarred for life and now that it's done the results are nothing less than amazing! No more freckles or age spots!
Lorton, VA |
After being diagnosed with Basal Cell Carcinoma by my Dermatologist, I made an appointment with Dr. Steven Rotter to have the cancer surgically removed from my chin. The morning of surgery, Dr. Rotter explained the Mohs procedure to me, and what steps he would be doing. Following my surgery, he & his assistant went over the wound care instructions and what to expect during my healing process. Dr. Rotter and his staff have been very helpful during this process.
Bethesda, MD |
I just had VBeam for Rosacea yesterday, and have to wait for a few weeks for a result. The doctor himself did the procedure and the nurse explained to me what I should expect in coming weeks. What a difference between the doctors in Bethesda and Chevy Chase that just look for money and Dr. Rotter.
in Reston, VA |
I worked for Dr. Rotter as a nurse for a short time. I have to say he is a wonderful surgeon. His surgical skills are impeccable. He is also a board certified pathologist. Expert Mos surgeon. His bedside Manor is warm and caring. I would send my family members to him. Always ask a nurse for references . The nurse is the one that works side by side with the doctor. Not another doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Rotter, MD?

Visit Dr. Rotter