Dr. Steven M. Rosner, MD

Dr. Steven M. Rosner, MD

Rheumatology | Male | 65 years old

I chose rheumatology for the challenge of diagnosing and treating some fascinating diseases. It's been an exciting career witnessing the advancements in the treatment of RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS (RA) from the NYC city hospitals in the 1980's until now. The RA crippling deformities and extra-articular disease manifestations are a thing of the past. I have been complimented as a "good listener" who is empathetic. This is essential in caring for chronic rheumatic diseases when a long term relationship with my patients is needed. My office boasts a modern decor with a state of the art electronic health record which includes a patient portal permitting patients to review their medical records, communicate by email, and request refills online. In the office they may receive a print out of their encounter and have prescriptions sent electronically to their local or mail order pharmacy. The office is staffed by long time employees who are courteous and professional. I am lucky to have well trained knowledgeable receptions, medical assistants, and clerical staff members. I am proud that my office is one of two NJ practices triple certified by the International Society of Clinical Densitometry. We have a modern bone density machine capable of printing out reports for the patient and referring doctors. I perform in office joint x-rays and it is fun and gratifying to display the films on a light box and ask the patients "What do you see, what do you think the x-ray shows"? Rounding in the hospital makes for interaction with patients who are sicker and colleagues who ask for help in diagnosing and treating conditions such as VASCULITIS, TEMPORAL ARTERITIS, INFECTIOUS ARTHRITIS, GOUT, FEVERS OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN, LUPUS, POLYMYOSITIS, SCLERODERMA and HIGH-RISK PREGNANCY. My interest and talent in foreign travel and street photography has enabled me to print scores of images for galleries throughout my office. Patients ask me on a daily basis, "Where is your next trip, Dr Rosner"?Read more

Old Hook Medical Associates
452 Old Hook Rd Fl 2
Emerson, NJ 07630 Get Directions

Dr. Rosner's Experience

See how Dr. Rosner's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rosner

Dr. Rosner accepts 24 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Rosner has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Rosner
Dr. Rosner's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (24)
Dr. Rosner Says:

I am humbled by the huge volume of high patient satisfaction scores. I strive to pay close attention to my patients' history and I tailer treatment to each individual's needs. I always allow time for questions and I frequently email medical information to my patients.

in Norwood, NJ |
Dr. Rosner is an exceptional rheumatologist. He quickly diagnosed and prescribed treatment for my condition of polymyalgia rheumatica. I recommend this superb physician to anyone without reservation.
in Saddle River, NJ |
Dr. Rosner is a wonderful practitioner, with a great amount of knowledge. He never makes me feel rushed and is a good listener. I really appreciate all that Dr. Rosner does for me and other family members.
Thanks, always trying to do my best.
Excellent care
in Woodcliff Lake, NJ |
doc very knowledgeable and caring
in Queens, NY |
office staff efficient and friendly doc listens carefully
Thx, we try our BEST!
in Emerson, NJ |
listens to my complaints
Have you seen Dr. Steven M. Rosner, MD?

Dr. Rosner's Care Philosophy

Dr. Rosner says...

I am thoroughly familiar with the new generation of BIOLIGICAL TREATMENTS which can induce rapid remission of RA symptoms.  Despite warnings on TV commercials they are quite safe. However, they are expensive and data shows that COMBINATION THERAPY with older oral disease modifying drugs is equally effective and more affordable for many patients.  My office has a specialist who devotes her time to pre-authorizing the more expensive medications.  This way there are no surprises for the patient.

I am very busy injecting hyaluronic acid gels ("chicken cartilage) into the knees of my patients with OSTEOARTHRITIS.  This is an effective treatment, not a cure, when started eraly in the disease.  The gels lubricate and cushion the knee joint, oftentimes postponing the need for total knee replacement surgery.

Soft tissue tendon and bursa and joint cortisone injections are a useful treatment in many conditions and are PAINLESS when done by me.

Dr. Rosner says...

I am certified in bone density testing by the International Society of Clinical Densitometry (ISCD) as is my x-ray tech and my office, one of only two offices in NJ to hold all three certifications.  OSTEOPOROSIS detection and treatment is essential to preventing bone fractures which cause much disability and shorten one's lifespan. Screening for OSTEOPOROSIS is recommended for women age 65 yr and greater and for men age 70 yr and greater.  Patients with certain medical problems and taking certain medicines are also at risk and need to be screened earlier in life.

I service patients in Bergen, Hudson and Passaic Counties, NJ and Rockland County, NY

Dr. Rosner says...

Dr. Rosner's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Rheumatology
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology

Dr. Rosner has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rosner's Board Certifications

• Rheumatology

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Classic Polyarteritis Nodosa
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Dry Eyes
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Parvovirus Infection
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Sarcoidosis

SUNY Downstate College of Medicine

Completed in 1981

Franklin & Marshall College

Graduated in 1973

Dr. Rosner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rosner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Rheumatology