Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Steven Rochell, MD
My path to becoming an orthopedic surgeon was grounded in an early interest in engineering and architecture, combined with a competitive high school and college athletic career. This included earning state champion honors as a gymnast in the ring competition for two successive years during high school, and an All-American designation as a gymnast at Stanford University. This keen interest in the mechanics and capabilities of the human body led naturally into a desire to repair and restore function for those suffering from musculoskeletal conditions and injuries. In my practice, I emphasize conservative management of degenerative arthritis as an alternative to surgery. Oral medications, topical agents, viscosupplementation, cortisone injections, physical therapy and bracing are all methods frequently used with the goal of relieving pain and restoring function. When conservative methods no longer offer successful results I utilize my experience of over 3,000 joint replacements and the latest surgical technologies . This includes using pre-operative MRI of the affected joint to determine specific guides customized for each patient to optimize implant orientation and restore the full mechanical axis and movement of the joint. This customizing offers my patients a less invasive surgery and implies longevity and durability of the implant. I have also completed additional training and certification to perform partial knee replacements that preserve much of the patient's own joint and offers a faster return to full function within a 4-6 week period. Outside of medicine, my interest in supporting area high school athletics remains strong. In 1993 I joined forces with the Northwest Herald to establish an annual financial award to the athletic departments of those schools attended by the named "Athlete of the Year." Annually since 1993 I have given $2,500 each to the home schools of the named male and female winners, with over $100,000 donated to date. My goal is to provide you with the best medical care possible to allow your return to a pain-free and active lifestyle. I look forward to meeting you.

OrthoIllinois

• HFN
  • The Alliance

Learn about Dr. Rochell

Dr. Rochell's Experience

Dr. Rochell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Hip Pain

• Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Stanford University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1971
  • Chicago Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1976
  • Michael Reese Hospital and Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981
  • Knee Surgery & Sports Medicine-Douglas W. Jackson, Md-Long Beach, Ca
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1980

Dr. Rochell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rochell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rochell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rochell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rochell to family and friends
Dr. Rochell's Performance
Crystal Lake, IL |
Top notch doctor! He is the most pleasent person. I could not ask for anyone better to treat me and my family. Great bedside manner. And great staff!
Marengo, IL |
10 starts for Dr Rochell and clinic staff! I've seen him for 25 years and have nothing but good things to say about this office.
in Marengo, IL |
Dr. Rochell explained my injury in detail! As a nurse I truly appreciate his excellent bedside manner! Great physician!
Richmond, IL |
I wouldn't dream of seeing anyone else! I recommend Dr Rochell to everyone, all the time. He has taken care of me and all my kids for as long as I can remember. Great office and staff. He is the best!
Crystal Lake, IL |
Dr Rochell is very gracious and kind! I could not have had a better experience! I've already recommended 4 friends to him who were looking for a doctor just this past year. They all also had a great experience. He definitely knows what he is doing. Wonderful staff! Thank you for my new lease on life after surgery!
Crystal Lake, IL |
Very impressed with the doctor and office experience!
Marengo, IL |
Excellent care for my total knee surgery
Algonquin , IL |
Dr Rochell is a very good physician. I would recommend him to anyone
Algonquin, IL |
Great experience for knee surgery for a meniscus tear with the doctor, physician therapy, and staff
Woodstock, IL |
Dr Rochell is an amazing doctor. He listens to you, he understands and takes the time to make sure you understand what the problem is and how it is going to be addressed. I've been a patient and worked along side him at the hospital. He is a first rate doctor both personally and professionally. His staff is also fantastic. I would refer him in a heartbeat!
Island Lake, IL |
I would give 10 stars!
Cary, IL |
Dr Rochell was so great. I had my knee replaced with him. I am very happy that I can now ride my bike when before I would have to push my leg down with my hand to pedal the bike around.
Cary, IL |
I tore my ACL skiing which Dr Rochell reconstructed with surgey. He was great and he has a fantastic staff. I am back to flying my plane and all my activities. Thank you!
Woodstock, IL |
I would give Dr Rochell 6 stars. My 93 year old mother fell and broke her hip. Dr Rochell was on call and did her surgery to fix it. He is very professional and has a great bedside manner. He takes time to answer all our questions. The office is very good. Mom is doing great.
McHenry, IL |
I hurt my shoulder at work and saw Dr Rochell. I had a great experience. He was willing to answer all my questions and spend the time with me which is rare in doctor world these days. The doctor and his staff are nice and professional. Even the physical therapists were great. Feeling so much better and back to work!
McHenry, IL |
I had knee surgery and I'm feeling great! Back to all my activities. Thank you!
Sycamore, IL |
I had surgery on my knee with Dr Rochell and everything went exactly as planned! I am back to work and feel as good as expected! I plan to be back for my other knee soon. Thanks
McHenry, IL |
Dr. Rochell is the best! My daughter broke her arm. I was able to get her in right away (same day appointment). She needed surgery. He knew exactly what to say and what not to say to ease her anxiety about her injury and the surgery. She was quickly back to cheer, softball and all her other activities. Really great staff!! I would recommend anyone to see him! Would return to this office for anything!
Wonder Lake, IL |
I had my knee replaced and everything was awesome! From Dr. Rochell and his staff, the hospital care at Centegra and even physical therapy. I would definitely recommend Dr Rochell to anyone for anything. Everything was great!
Springbrook, WI |
Everything was fantastic! I am very happy with my new knee. Love Dr Rochell and staff
Crystal Lake, IL |
My experience from diagnosis to post surgical care was excellent on all levels! You are the best and I recommend you to everyone I know. I am back to playing tennis after my total knee replacement.
Crystal Lake, IL |
I've had such a great experience with Dr Rochell and his team. I was very scared to have my knee replaced but was so surprised at how well and smooth everything went. I would recommend Dr Rochell to anyone!
Rockford, IL |
I saw Dr. Rochell and I feel so much better!
Rockford, IL |
Excellent care. I wouldn't see anyone else.
Cary, IL |
Great care! Love Dr. Rochell. I am feeling good and back to all my activities!
in Woodstock il |
Dr. is quite nice. Follow up checks range of motion. It has now been just over three years since my left knee has been replaced. If I had it to do over again, I would not do it. Knee is still quite swollen. Often pain when going on walks. Up side knee does not lock up.
in Harvard, Il |
My experience with Dr.Rochell has, through the years, been outstanding. He replaced my left hip and now has replaced my right knee. The technique he used for my right knee is state of the art in TKR. I appreciate his no holds barred explanation regarding the orthopedic issues I have had. I never hesitate to tell people that he is my Doctor and will alway recommend him.
in Huntley, IL |
Was short and didn't seem to be knowledgeable about my condition. The girls were more understanding. I liked them.
in Crystal Lake, IL |
Dr. Rochell has taken care of 3 generations of my family. He is conscientious, accurate, and complete in his explanations. He has an excellent reputation as a surgeon. We consider his care to be the best.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Rochell, MD?
Are you Dr. Rochell?