Dr. Steven Rochell, MD

Dr. Steven Rochell, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Steven Rochell, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Crystal Lake, IL. He is 68 years old and has been practicing for 41 years. Read his story

750 E Terra Cotta Ave

Crystal Lake, IL 60014

• CorVel
  • ECOH
  • First Choice Health
  • HFN
  • The Alliance

Learn about Dr. Rochell

See how frequently Dr. Rochell performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Joint Pain
Knee Disorders
Knee Replacement

Dr. Rochell's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Rochell's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Rochell "My path to becoming an orthopedic surgeon was grounded in an early interest in engineering and architecture, combined with a competitive high school and college athletic career. This included earning state champion honors as a gymnast in the ring competition for two successive years during high school, and an All-American designation as a gymnast at Stanford University. This keen interest in the mechanics and capabilities of the human body led naturally into a desire to repair and restore function for those suffering from musculoskeletal conditions and injuries. In my practice, I emphasize conservative management of degenerative arthritis as an alternative to surgery. Oral medications, topical agents, viscosupplementation, cortisone injections, physical therapy and bracing are all methods frequently used with the goal of relieving pain and restoring function. When conservative methods no longer offer successful results I utilize my experience of over 3,000 joint replacements and the latest surgical technologies . This includes using pre-operative MRI of the affected joint to determine specific guides customized for each patient to optimize implant orientation and restore the full mechanical axis and movement of the joint. This customizing offers my patients a less invasive surgery and implies longevity and durability of the implant. I have also completed additional training and certification to perform partial knee replacements that preserve much of the patient's own joint and offers a faster return to full function within a 4-6 week period. Outside of medicine, my interest in supporting area high school athletics remains strong. In 1993 I joined forces with the Northwest Herald to establish an annual financial award to the athletic departments of those schools attended by the named "Athlete of the Year." Annually since 1993 I have given $2,500 each to the home schools of the named male and female winners, with over $100,000 donated to date. My goal is to provide you with the best medical care possible to allow your return to a pain-free and active lifestyle. I look forward to meeting you."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Hip Pain

• Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Stanford University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1971
  • Chicago Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1976
  • Michael Reese Hospital and Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981
  • Knee Surgery & Sports Medicine-Douglas W. Jackson, Md-Long Beach, Ca
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1980

Dr. Rochell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rochell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rochell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rochell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rochell to family and friends
Dr. Rochell's Performance
in Woodstock I'l |
He took good care of our daughter
Marengo, IL |
10 starts for Dr Rochell and clinic staff! I've seen him for 25 years and have nothing but good things to say about this office.
in Marengo, IL |
Dr. Rochell explained my injury in detail! As a nurse I truly appreciate his excellent bedside manner! Great physician!
Algonquin , IL |
Dr Rochell is a very good physician. I would recommend him to anyone
Island Lake, IL |
I would give 10 stars!
Woodstock, IL |
I would give Dr Rochell 6 stars. My 93 year old mother fell and broke her hip. Dr Rochell was on call and did her surgery to fix it. He is very professional and has a great bedside manner. He takes time to answer all our questions. The office is very good. Mom is doing great.
McHenry, IL |
I had knee surgery and I'm feeling great! Back to all my activities. Thank you!
Sycamore, IL |
I had surgery on my knee with Dr Rochell and everything went exactly as planned! I am back to work and feel as good as expected! I plan to be back for my other knee soon. Thanks
Crystal Lake, IL |
My experience from diagnosis to post surgical care was excellent on all levels! You are the best and I recommend you to everyone I know. I am back to playing tennis after my total knee replacement.
Crystal Lake, IL |
I've had such a great experience with Dr Rochell and his team. I was very scared to have my knee replaced but was so surprised at how well and smooth everything went. I would recommend Dr Rochell to anyone!
Rockford, IL |
I saw Dr. Rochell and I feel so much better!
Cary, IL |
Great care! Love Dr. Rochell. I am feeling good and back to all my activities!
in Woodstock il |
Dr. is quite nice. Follow up checks range of motion. It has now been just over three years since my left knee has been replaced. If I had it to do over again, I would not do it. Knee is still quite swollen. Often pain when going on walks. Up side knee does not lock up.
in Harvard, Il |
My experience with Dr.Rochell has, through the years, been outstanding. He replaced my left hip and now has replaced my right knee. The technique he used for my right knee is state of the art in TKR. I appreciate his no holds barred explanation regarding the orthopedic issues I have had. I never hesitate to tell people that he is my Doctor and will alway recommend him.
in Huntley, IL |
Was short and didn't seem to be knowledgeable about my condition. The girls were more understanding. I liked them.
in Crystal Lake, IL |
Dr. Rochell has taken care of 3 generations of my family. He is conscientious, accurate, and complete in his explanations. He has an excellent reputation as a surgeon. We consider his care to be the best.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Rochell, MD?
Are you Dr. Rochell?