Dr. Steven Rauch, MD

Dr. Steven Rauch, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Steven Rauch, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Braintree, MA. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 38 years.

250 Pond St

Braintree, MA 02184

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Rauch

See how frequently Dr. Rauch performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dizziness
Vertigo
Ear Disorders

Dr. Rauch's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Rauch "Dr. Steven Rauch is an otologist/neurotologist (ear/skull base doctor) at Mass. Eye and Ear, Braintree. He treats disorders that cause hearing loss & imbalance."

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Otitis Media
  • Otosclerosis
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perilymph Fistula (PLF)
  • Pharyngitis

• Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Univ Of Cincinnati Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1979
  • U Mass Med Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1980
  • Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1984
  • U Mass Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981

Dr. Rauch has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rauch does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rauch and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rauch's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rauch to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Rauch's Performance
CT |
I recently saw Dr. Rauch in the office for the first time regarding questions I had related to my hearing loss. He took the time to answer my family's and my questions and I felt that he had a wealth of knowledge that he was willing to share with us. He went above and beyond by taking the time to email several colleagues who specialize in a certain topic I had questions about during the appointment and has since sent me detailed emails with those colleagues replies. He is prompt in responding.
Hello - thank you so much for the positive review!
Boston, MA |
Dr. Rauch is not only unsympathetic, he is dismissive and rude. He was not prepared for our appointment. He thought we had last seen each other 7 years prior, when in fact, I had 4 appointment with him in the past 2 years. I pointed this out, he blamed his assistant; then asked me why I was there. Had he read any of the previous reports he would had know. He also gave me advice that was contrary to what 3 other ENT doctors suggested. He was dismissive and very short with every question I asked.
We are sorry to learn about your experience. At Mass. Eye and Ear, we strive to provide excellent service to our patients and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further. It is our hope that you will contact our Patient Relations Department at 617-573-3008 or Susan_Corbett@meei.harvard.edu. This will allow us to assist you and address the concerns you voiced. Thank you.
in Charlottesville, VA |
Dr. Rauch is the best ear doctor in the east coast. I saw over 10 doctors regarding my cholesterol granuloma condition and he knew what was going on immediately relative to other doctors who were confused. I am so glad I met Dr. Rauch in 1995 when I had an infection and was recommended highly of him. He has put a permanent tube that has helped my Eustachian tube problem when other doctors didn't know about this. He knows the latest med-tech. I do not agree with the poor review written.
Would never recommend this doctor. Rude, could care less about his patients. His staff was lovely. Trusted them more than him. Would not send my worst enemy to the doctor.
Thank you for the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your recent appointment at Mass. Eye and Ear. We would like to continue this conversation offline to make sure that your concerns are fully addressed. Could you please contact Kathleen Connly at 617-573-3008 She will b e happy to address your concerns.
in Georgetown, MA |
Dr. RAUCH Literally saved me from endless days of vertigo due to my Meniere's disease. Very accessible and willing to educate his patients. Made me feel as though I could continue a normal life. I highly recommend Dr Rauch to everyone who may suffer from vertigo
Abington, MA |
Avoid this doctor at all cost! Rude, arrogant and does not care at all for patient's suffering. Does not listen; likes to hear himself talk. He thinks he's a teacher lecturing a stupid student. He did not help me at all; waste of time and money. Offered no solution or treatment. I think he should not be practicing medicine. He even said Meclizine is not for dizziness! They should retire this guy!
We're sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your recent appointment at Mass. Eye and Ear. Please let us know if you would like to discuss your experience further over the phone. We would be happy to contact you and answer any questions or concerns.
Connecticut |
We read the reviews of Dr. Rauch and I must vehemently disagree with them. Dr. Rauch was generous with his time, very informative, did not encourage us to see our situation as hopeless and promised to set us up with a doctor in our area and remain part of the treatment plan. The reviews I have read are misleading and unfair. This is a doctor with whom I am impressed and I am not impressed with too many.
Arlington, MA |
He told me the next time I have an acute hearing loss episode that he wouldn't prescribe prednisone which was what my prior specialist had done for prior episodes. He said he didn't believe what my prior doctor had diagnosed me with and would allow for me to lose my hearing in my 2nd ear, believing it would return. Is that a risk you would take after 20 yrs??! Overall, poor listener who loves to hear himself talk. Minimum care delivery, lacking basic empathy. Avoid!
Boston, MA |
He has terrible bedside manner and delivered sensitive information too bluntly. Rude.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Rauch, MD?

Visit Dr. Rauch

Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Head & Neck Surgical Oncology
Ear, Nose, and Throat
Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
Facial Plastic Surgery