Dr. Steven Pouls, DO

Dr. Steven Pouls, DO

Family Medicine | Male

Family Medical Associates 1107 N Prospect Ave Ste 100 Itasca, IL 60143 Get Directions

Prevention is of the utmost importance to me. In many situations, the use of medications are like placing a bandage OVER a problem, but not actually solving the problem itself. I try to do both, and spend as much time focusing on Wellness and Prevention as I do on dealing with the acute problems themselves.

Dr. Steven Pouls, DO is a family medicine doctor who practices in Itasca, IL. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Pouls is affiliated with Adventist GlenOaks Hospital and Alexian Brothers Medical Center.

Dr. Pouls' Experience

See how Dr. Pouls' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Pouls

Dr. Pouls accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Pouls has admitting privileges.

Dr. Pouls' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pouls to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Pouls' Performance
in Itasca, IL |
Read the review by David C. And I'm sorry, I totally disagree. He takes more time with his patients than any doc I've ever known! I'm a bad patient and he's NEVER lectured me or made me feel small for not following his directions. Great doc and I've seen many. Highly recommended!
in Bloomingdale, IL |
Dr. Pouls spends more time with us then what you would expect from a busy practice. He is always friendly, but stern when he needs to be (like with my husband). We all love that he is very clear about what problems we are dealing with, and what needs to be done. He is very much about taking responsibility for our own well being--and will remind us of this. Speaking of which, if you are not ready to really hear the honest truth about your conditions, you are probably not ready to see Dr. pouls.
in Huntley , IL |
I drive 40 minutes to bring my family to Dr. Pouls. He is caring, honest and amazing. He has been a blessing to my family for almost 20 years!
in Elk Grove Village, IL |
Had my first and LAST appointment with the most arrogant Dr. I have ever met. Sight unseen, knows nothing about me or my situation, opens our initial meeting with a lecture and making it clear as could be that he has "5,000" patients and does not have time for me if I am not going to seriously lose weight... Thanks for taking some time to hear me out, get to know me, even a little, before JUDGING me. If I were bleeding profusely, I would not let this guy treat me...
Elk Grove Village, IL |
He spends time with you. He doesn't stand at the door with his hand on the door knob. He listens, you are also able to talk with him. If you don't agree with something, you feel like you can talk it out and come to a good conclusion. He really knows his stuff. I can't imagine not going to him.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Pouls, DO?
Are you Dr. Pouls?

Compare Dr. Pouls

Dr. Pouls' Care Philosophy

Dr. Pouls' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Pouls has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Pouls' Board Certifications

• Family Practice

Dr. Pouls does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Pouls and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

UMDNJ-- New Jersey Medical School

Graduated in 1989

Atlantic City Med Center
    AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center - Atlantic City

Completed in 1990

Med Center Of Beaver Pennsylvania

Dr. Pouls does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pouls and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Pouls does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Pouls and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.