Dr. Steven Potter, MD

Renal Transplant Surgery | Male

Dr. Steven Potter, MD

Dr. Steven Potter is the Program Director of the ETMC Transplant Program in Tyler, Texas. He specializes in Renal Transplantation, Post-Transplant Care, Urologic Surgery and Vascular Access Surgery.

Dr. Potter's Care Philosophy

"Kidney transplant is the gold standard therapy for renal failure, so it's a privilege to be able to offer patients in East Texas the same kind of care that's available at the best institutions in the country."Steven Potter, MD, is highly qualified to step into the role of ETMC's transplant program director. He is fellowship trained in transplant surgery and is a board- certified urologist. He also has performed research in methods of laparoscopic kidney removal, helping to revolutionize donor surgery.Area residents have a lot to gain from Dr. Potter's expertise and experience, which includes six years at Johns Hopkins Hospital. "ETMC and I have worked very hard to put together a program that emphasizes quality and positive outcomes in transplant medicine. The people of East Texas deserve access to local care that's first-class, and that's what we intend to provide."

Dr. Potter's Experience

See how Dr. Potter's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Potter

Dr. Potter accepts 25 insurance carriers

Dr. Potter is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Potter has admitting privileges.

Dr. Potter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Potter to family and friends
Dr. Potter's Performance
in Lufkin, TX |
Dr Potter is very caring and concerned about your health.
in White Oak, TX |
He was very kind and straightforward about my health. He was very knowledgeable about transplant issues and how to deal with life after the surgery. I had been treated for my transplant in the Houston area for several years before moving to east Texas. I found Dr. Potter to be so much kinder and more concerned for me as a person than they made me feel in Houston.
in Palestine, TX |
Dr. Potter performed my kidney transplant Dec 2016 and it's been very successful. I'm a 73 year old male with a living donor (my daughter). He's monitored my progress regularly and adjusted meds as needed. He's very competent and caring.
Sulphur Springs, TX |
Dr. Potter and staff are wonderful. I am blessed to have Dr. Potter as a doctor for my transplant. He is very thorough and wants to know what he can do better or different for me. Great bedside manner and overall excellent at what he does!
in Tyler , TX |
Very caring and will answer any questions you may have regarding your care. Makes you feel comfortable when your in his present and willing to go above and beyond to make sure you get what is needed. Keep a check on patients and always has a smile or joke to cheer you up. Wonderful guy would recommend anytime
Mckinney, TX |
Great doctor.
in Clarksville, TX |
Dr. Potter and his staff are very caring and efficient. I feel they listen to my questions/concerns, and answer them in an understanding matter. If you are needing a kidney transplant, I highly recommend Dr. Potter!!
in Texarkana, TX |
Dr. Potter is an amazing doctor! I was referred to him two years ago to help stabilize my kidney function(kidney transplant). I will be able to celebrate my 15th Kidneyversary on July 9, 2017 with thanks to Dr. Potter! I'm proud to have him as my kidney transplant doctor!
in Troup tx 75789 |
Es mi Angel me siento tan feliz tan contenta de tener el mejor dr del mundo el es un dr que dedica todo su tiempo su espacio su vida total para estar al 100% dedicada a sus pacientes nunca en mi vida avia conocimos a un dr como el sus se preocupada tanto x sus patients para Charles una mejor vida y una felicidad nunca podre payable todo lo q so a hecho x mi el es como mi vida x q x el estoy escriviendo estas left as y mas personas las puedas leer y se Tongan en sus sagradas manos lo recomiendo
Dr. Potter cares about his patients. His goal is patient satisfaction and well-being. Once you see him you will wonder why you didn't discover him sooner. He is the best at tending to your health and patient needs. He has always treated me with respect and thoughtfulness. He doesn't talk down to his patients. He fully explains what's going on and why he's taking the course of treatment necessary. His staff is the best and treat you with the greatest care.
Tyler, TX |
Great doctor! He listens to my questions and answers it in a way I will understand easily.
in Tyler, Texas |
Dr. Steven Potter has provided excellent care for me since 2010. He performed a living donor kidney transplant between me and my. This was my second kidney transplant. I know if Dr. Potter will be there for me when or if I have problem. He takes time to answer questions, address lab work, and discuss anything that is needed on each office visit. He not only cares for the patient, but also the family. Dr. Potter is a wonderful doctor when he is in surgery and when he is out. I recommend him!
in Longview, TX |
Dr. Potter was my surgeon for donating a kidney. The surgery took place at ETMC, Tyler, TX on 6-21-17. The preparation was done over five-six months in a very thorough way. Dr. Potter explained the surgical procedure very well for me and my recipient. He has a good post-surgery follow-up system. I recommend Dr. Potter without hesitation.
Longview, TX |
Dr. Potter is friendly and courteous to his patients and their families. He explains things in great detail giving us complete confidence in his decision-making regarding patient care.
in Longview, TX |
Dr. Potter has forever changed my life and my families by helping to give me the gift of life again with my new kidney! I was on dialysis and have been off for almost 6 years! He is so patient, kind, understanding, and helps you to understand exactly what is going on and what needs to be done! I couldn't thank this man and his team enough for all the help, love, and support they have given me over the last 6 years and continue to do! HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. POTTER 110%!
in Tyler, TX |
Dr. Potter is the doctor to have if you are going to have a transplant. He is a hands on and very intelligent doctor and One that I am glad he is our doctor. He cares!!!
in Arp, Tx |
Dr. Potter and his team are great. They are courteous, hospitable and have a caring attitude about treatment. Your questions are answered and you are treated as a human being. I would highly recommend Dr. Potter to all!
in Winnsboro, TX |
I find Dr. Steven Potter to be very thorough and experienced. His caring attitude promotes my continued good health. He is very knowledgeable about kidney functions, transplant care and answers my questions in a way that I can better understand my condition. My wife and I are very appreciative of his care.
Nacogdoches, TX |
Dr. Potter is a lifesaver in my personal like.He performed my transplant in November of 2012 and continues to take an active role in all my health care items. I could not have found a better doctor to guide me through the transplant process.
in tyler, tx |
Really nice Doctor. He is will to listen you our concerns then give you great medical advice.
in Tyler, TX |
All of the staff are very friendly and professional, a wonderful balance. I could not have found a better doctor for my transplant. His attention to detail is amazing and he is extremely thorough and also willing to listen to me when i have questions. I know he sees a ton of patients on a daily basis but during my appt. he is always focused on me and my heath and wants the best outcome, a very caring man. Plus his surgical skills are quite impressive.
in Gladewater, TX |
Not only is he a great doctor he is wonderful man, caring, humble, and very knowledgable
in Holly Lake Ranch, tx |
I would recommend Dr. Potter to anyone needing his services. I feel like he saved my life. He performed my surgery when others wouldn't. He spends a lot of time at the hospital taking care of his patients. That's the reason there is a long wait time at his office because he's always at the hospital. He is worth the wait. We love Dr. Potter.
in Ft Worth, TX |
I really enjoy having Dr. Steven Potter as a transplant surgeon. He is accurate, kind, and very caring toward me as a patient. His personality is outstanding, providing excellent communication skills and superb treatment. I appreciate all he does in keeping things current and me informed as a patient. ?
in Nacogdoches, TX |
Dr. Potter is the best in his field. He is very knowledgeable, courteous and precise. The wait time is a bit long because it is first come, first serve. His nurses are awesome; they work with me to get my medications ordered, explain things if I do not understand and have the patience of Job! Dr. Potter and his entire staff is great!
in Tyler, TX |
My reason is he is a doctor that care for his patients he like to listen to what you have to say and give you a answer that you can understand he keep a smile to make you relax what ever he is about to do he will let you I will always recommend him after my surgery he has been keeping a check on me, so when it comes to recommending Dr. Potter he's number for me Patricia Johnson
Have you seen Dr. Steven Potter, MD?
Are you Dr. Potter?

National Merit Scholar, University of California at Santa Barbara

Dean's List, University of California at Santa Barbara

Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society

Dr. Potter says...

Fellow in Transplant Surgery & Advanced Laparoscopy, University of Cincinnati Department of Surgery,

OHUrology instructor, Brady Urological Institute, the Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD

General surgery resident, Department of Surgery, the Johns Hopkins Hospital,

MDGeneral surgery intern, Department of Surgery, the Johns Hopkins Hospital,

MDMedical Doctor, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, CA

Bachelor of Arts, University of California at Santa Barbara, CA

Dr. Potter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Renal Transplant Surgery
    •  Board certified in Urology

Dr. Potter has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Potter's Board Certifications

• Urology

• Bladder Cancer
    • Bladder Diseases
    • Bladder Diverticulum
    • Bladder Infection
    • Bladder Stones
    • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
    • Chronic Kidney Diseases
    • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
    • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
    • End-Stage Renal Disease
    • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
    • Erectile Dysfunction
    • Kidney Infection, Acute
    • Kidney Infection, Chronic
    • Kidney Stones
    • Neurogenic Bladder
    • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
    • Overactive Bladder
    • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
    • Penile Cancer
    • Prostate Cancer
    • Prostatitis
    • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
    • Sleep Disorders
    • Urinary Disorders
    • Urinary Hesitancy
    • Urinary Incontinence
    • Urinary Stones
    • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
    • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

Completed in 1997

Completed in 2002

University of California at Santa Barbara

Graduated in 1991

Dr. Potter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Potter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Renal Transplant Surgery

• Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
    • Lithotripsy
    • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
    • Orchiectomy
    • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
    • Prostate Removal
    • Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
    • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
    • Ureteroneocystostomy
    • Urethral Dilation
    • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
    • Wound Repair