Dr. Steven Porter, MD

Dr. Steven Porter, MD

Gastroenterology  |

Dr. Steven Porter, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Ogden, UT. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Porter is affiliated with Intermountain McKay-Dee Hospital and Ogden Regional Medical Center.

Steven A. Porter, MD

1508 E Skyline Dr Ste 600

Ogden, UT 84405

• Altius Health Plans
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MetLife
  • Molina Healthcare
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Porter

Dr. Porter's Experience

Dr. Porter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gastroenterology

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

• Colon Cancer Screening
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stone Removal
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Manometry

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Centenary College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1982
  • Louisiana State Univ School Of Medicine In New Orleans
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Porter has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Porter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Porter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Porter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Porter to family and friends
Dr. Porter's Performance
Ogden, UT |
Doctor Porter's instructions have caused my colitis symptoms to cease and my overall health to improve?
Ogden, UT |
Dr. Porter is very knowledgeable. The staff is great!
Ogden, UT |
I have felt so much better on the diet. Almost no pain anymore. Losing weight is great.
Ogden, UT |
Real appreciate the level of care I get from Dr. Porter and the care from his staff.
Ogden, UT |
The environment at the new office is an upbeat and optimistic approach by Dr. Porter and his staff. It's a pleasure to be treated by Dr. Porter
Ogden, UT |
I was not impressed with Dr. Porter. He seemed very arrogant and didn't seem to listen to me. Most of the appt was discussing diabetes and high cholesterol which had nothing to do with my reason for being there (I don't have a hx of diabetes or cholesterol). I also didn't care to much for his staff either
in Mapleton, Utah |
Under his care there is no question the focuse is on me and my concerns.
Ogden, UT |
I had difficulty with ulcerative colitis and my mother-in-law referred me to Dr. Porter. It wasn't long that everything was under control when I followed his instructions. I have been medication free for a year and I am doing so much better. I have never felt better.
Ogden, UT |
I have been seeing Dr. Porter for years. He is one of my most trusted doctors. He is kind and honest and up front with patients. His staff is amazing.
in Ogden, UT |
Good doc. Why am I still waiting 35 minutes after my appointment time at 8(35) in the morning ?!? At the 40 minute mark I asked for some water. No one seemed to give a rat's about my waiting. At 45 minutes I went to the desk for a refund of the copay. Again, no concern about the wait. They seemed just as happy to see me leave. Mind you, I did not make a scene, or even say what I wanted to say. I never saw or heard the doctor in the office at all. The Patten's time doesn't matter at all.
Ogden, UT |
I had been going to a different doctor who belittled me and told me my digestive problems were in my head. I went to Dr. Porter after 10 years of suffering and he changed my medications, corrected my diet and I have been able to go back to work as a teacher. Dr. Porter gave me back my life.
North Salt Lake, UT |
Dr. Porter fixed me!! It is great not being in pain.......
Ogden, UT |
I'm very impressed w/ Dr Porters dedication to finding the root cause of the problem, instead of just throwing pills to quite the patient. His bedside manner is fast and to the point, but he is listening and watching. if he comes to a dead end he is not afraid to refer out, for consult. If you want someone to give you a handful of pills, and pity you he is not the Dr for you. If you want someone to tell you the cold hard truth, and get to the root of the problem, and fix it. he's your DR.
in Kaysville |
Diagnosed with Fatty Liver Disease and Pre-Diabetes. Dr. Porter told me that they could both be resolved in 6 weeks by reducing my carb intake to 40-60 grams a day. VERY skeptical. Followed his advice religiously. 8 weeks later the FLD and Diabetes were resolved and lost 35 lbs too. A1C went from 5.7 to 5.0. Not a skeptic anymore. For me he worked wonders. Thanks Dr. Porter!
Morgan, Ut |
Dr. Porter has me on a diet that controls my colitis flare-ups and has improved my quality of life tremendously. He is very knowledgeable, listens and know how to treat his patients. I wouldn't see any other doctor.
Bountiful |
Wonderful in all respects of my care with my gastrointestinal problems. Dr. Porter is great in diagnosis and treatment of all aspects of my stomach. Great doctor.
Roy, UT |
Saved my life and cured my chrons with a low carb diet.
Roy, UT |
I was in severe pain and discomfort when I first went to Dr. Porter. A year later, I'm not taking steroids or medicine. He taught me to help myself through diet. I feel great, all because he listened and cared for me to get feeling better and not rely on a pill. I love the staff, very caring, professional and personable.
Salt Lake City, UT |
I am pleased to have the good results from Dr. Porter. Great doctor.
Salt Lake City, UT |
Love Dr. Porter. All concerns were eased when talking with him. He really wants to see you get better.
Salt Lake City, UT |
I suffered with diabetes and weight issues for more than 20 years. I was referred to Dr. Porter by a friend who said Dr. Porter had helped hundreds of people with diabetes. I am thankful and amazed. In less than two months I have lost nearly 40 pounds, I am off my insulin and I have never felt better!!! Diabetics don't often say they are cured, usually they talk about all their medications. I am glad to have found Dr. Porter. I have referred more than 20 of my friends.
in Ogden, UT |
Dr. Steven Porter is the best, without exception, Gastroenterologist in Ogden. He is caring and kind, and if he doesn't know the answer to a problem you are having he will search or refer you to someone who can help you. Dr. Porter, is on top of his game and never leaves a person wanting for information on their condition
Outstanding Doctor!!!
Kaysville, UT |
I am very satisfied with Dr. Porter. He was the only doctor able to diagnose my problem.
Kaysville, UT |
Dr. Porter is very knowledgeable and caring. His staff is very kind, friendly and caring.
Kaysville, UT |
I have been seeing Dr. Porter for a long time and he has been great at every level. He never passes you on to another Dr. Every time you leave his office he says "God bless you".
Kaysville, UT |
Nobody likes going to the doctor, but if you have to see a GI doc, Dr. Porter is the one to see. Also, the office staff is wonderful, polite and kind.
Ogden, UT |
Always helpful, kind and courteous
Ogden, UT |
Without Dr. Porter I would still be in pain. His willingness to listen and explain has helped me so much. I love him. He is a great doctor.
Ogden, UT |
Dr. Porter is passionate about my healthcare!!
Ogden, UT |
Love Dr. Porter and his staff. They take so much time with you and explain things. Thoroughly love them.
in Ogden, Ut |
Very nice man but always runs 1-2 hours behind & very rushed when he finally come into the exam room. I think he is way to busy to be thorough.
Salt Lake City, UT |
I won't see anyone but Dr. Porter!!
Salt Lake City, UT |
I actually enjoy coming in to my appointments.
Roy, UT |
The staff is awesome. They make your visit more relaxed. You are not just a number when you come to this office!!
Ogden, UT |
Dr. Porter is the best of all my doctors..
Ogden, UT |
the staff is very kind and Dr. Porter is a great doctor.
Ogden, UT |
Have had a very good experience with myself and also my two children at the office. Dr. Porter is very knowledgeable.
Ogden, UT |
Very willing to see me on an emergency basis.
Ogden, UT |
The entire office is excellent. Very kind and friendly.
Ogden, UT |
Dr. Porter and staff are very good and the waiting time is very good. This is a busy doctor, but he is very good.
Layton, UT |
I couldn't say enough kind things about Dr. Porter and his staff. I am so blessed to have a doctor I can trust my life with.
Ogden, UT |
Excellent care and staff. World class expertise, knowledge and patient education.
in Ogden, UT |
I'm looking forward to resolving my issues with my large intestine after having had emergency surgery. I'm feeling impatient because I have to wait for time to pass by and let me wound heal. Its not his fault, its the human body..... I would like to have more specific instructions of what my diet should be, rather than generally what to hold carbs, protein at. Thank you
Ogden, UT |
I would give Dr. Porter a 10 on everything. Great doctor!!
Ogden, UT |
Great doctor. Very knowledgeable.....
Ogden, UT |
I appreciate that Dr. Porter is passionate about and confident in his profession. I trust him with my digestive health concerns...
Kaysville, UT |
Dr. Porter was arrogant, and had no time to talk about patient history. He wanted to throw out all history and start back at square zero. He didn't want to look at what sent me to him in the first place and was only concerned with doing every endoscopic procedure available and appeared to insult pharmacists and other physicians with little regard for their findings and advice. He practices bully medicine, and I would only recommend him if you had to get the complete testing panel fast.
in Ogden, UT |
He is very rushed. I've had 2 appointments now where he came in, asked me 1 or 2 questions, came up with what he thought was wrong (but didn't explain to me why he thought that), and rushed me back out. 115$ for a 5 minute appointment. Whenever I asked questions he gave very short answers, and he talked down to me like some kind of idiot when I asked questions about a diet he had put me on. He is very lacking in compassion and just acts rudely and snobby. I'm tired of doctors like this.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Porter, MD?
Are you Dr. Porter?

Visit Dr. Porter

Dr. Porter accepts 21 insurance carriers
  • Altius Health Plans
    Federal Employee Program
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MetLife