Dr. Steven Patching, MD

Trauma Surgery ·  Male · Age 67

Dr. Patching

Patching Steven C MD

800 Howe Ave Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95825

Dr. Steven Patching, MD is a trauma surgery specialist in Sacramento, CA and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from University Of California, Davis, School Of Medicine in 1979 and specializes in trauma surgery, bariatric surgery, and more.

Dr. Patching accepts

Dr. Patching accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Advantage Preferred DirectAccess Plus PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO
Select Plus HMO

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Patching treats your condition or procedure

• Hiatal Hernia
  • Inguinal Hernia
  • Morbid Obesity
  • Neoplasm of Stomach

We offer the latest, state-of-the-art minimally invasive surgery and robotic surgery available, and we were one of the earliest advanced laparoscopic programs in the United States.   Regarding our bariatric (obesity) program, we do not beli...

• Trauma Surgery

4.1

Dr. Patching?
Dr. Patching's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Steven Patching, MD
My orthopedic surgeon recommended bariatric surgery before he would operate on my hip. I got on the computer and was fortunate to find Dr. Patching. He's fully committed to helping you lose weight. I'm still losing, but I reached my goal to have my hip replaced - a loss of 72 pounds. My goal is another 60 pounds roughly. Dr. Steven Patching is there for you the whole way, but YOU have to do all the work. Listen to Dr. Patching and follow the food program which basically just requires you to eat less and exercise. There is nothing magical about bariatric surgery - I had a gastric sleeve. It's been a tool that helps me eat a lot less and feel full. I was a food addict and now I eat because I have to stay alive. I am not craving food anymore. I eat to feed my body. I wish I had this surgery years ago. Dr. Patching and his staff have been perfect partners in this journey. Thank you Dr. Patching. If you are thinking about bariatric surgery, contact Dr. Steven Patching now!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Patching, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Steven Patching for almost 2yrs. His care has literally changed my life for the better. He's taught me better eating habits. Dr. Patching's all around care is phenomenal. He will always be there to keep you the straight & narrow. He doesn't ask for much just compliance. I do my part & he does his by checking proper labs making sure everything is in the proper range. I can't thank him enough for giving me a better lifestyle for living a better life. If you are looking for a surgeon look no further Dr. Steven Patching is by far the Best. Check him out
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Patching, MD?
Dr. Patching and his staff are professional, friendly and extremely knowledgeable. I always feel as though they are part of my team, helping me to achieve my weight loss goals and pushing me to live life to its fullest. If you want to have success with your weight loss goals before, during and post surgery, it is up to you to make the necessary changes in your diet and to make exercise a part of your routine. I wish I would have contacted Dr. Patching years ago.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Patching, MD?
My entire experience with Dr Patching and his office has been life changing. He is so focused on the mental part of weight loss/surgery, that it sets him apart from other physicians. I've had such a wonderful experience with him, I cannot even begin to thank him enough. After the initial group, I understood a lot more. Knowledge is key! If I hadn't have been mentally ready for this, it would not have worked. I believe this is the reason why people re gain their weight after surgery. Thank you!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Patching, MD?
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Patching. He expects you to be as serious about your health as he is. I liked that he was direct and didn't sugar coat where i was at and what i needed to do to improve my health. Unlike other surgeons who you don't usually see after post-op appointments, you stay his patient for life and benefit from long term care and support. Also, his staff is excellent, always friendly faces when you walk in.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Patching, MD?
I am about 12 weeks post op for gall bladder removal. Over the last 10 years at the least my health has been in steady decline. I though I was ready to simply lay down and die. No drama intended, I’m an RN and have years of critical care experience. I believed me! But Dr. Patching did not give upon me. On or day I felt safe because he doesn’t mess around. Now, I don’t sit down after a short walk, I am not going to die, and I feel like I was given a miracle. Energy, and a great doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Patching, MD?
Dr Patching performed a gastric bypass surgery on me approx 2 years ago. Prior to the surgery he did a great job explaining my options and best outcomes. He really took his time to explain nutrition and proper diet pre and post op. I am down 180 lbs from 370 to 200 lbs. I am able to return to my very active sport lifestyle and participate in endurance cycling events and races. Thank you Dr. Patching for being a great partner in the process and for working with me to stay on track with my health!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Patching, MD?
Dr. Patching is an excellent doctor/surgeon. My experience was nothing but positive and I found him to be very honest and thorough. He is direct, but only because he truly cares about his patients and wants them to be successful. I have lost 70 lbs. (so far) after gastric sleeve surgery. It is not a "quick fix" and Dr. Patching makes sure you know that and are well prepared. Best decision I've ever made and I highly recommend Dr. Patching to anyone wanting to make this major life change.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Patching, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Patching. Two years ago, Dr. Patching performed my gastric surgery. Throughout this life changing experience, he has been extremely professional, supportive and caring. He has changed my life for the better and he continues to do so. I am healthy and feeling good about myself - Thank you Dr. Patching!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Patching, MD?
I have never had a doctor yell at me until Dr Patching. He has a real short fuse!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Patching, MD?
I am 4 months out from my Vertical Sleeve procedure. I just wanted to thank Dr. Patching for educating me and staying on top of me and my habits and let me know what I needed to change! Without his perseverance, I would not be down 70 lbs and going strong! A lot of what he had to say, I didn't want to hear. But without him drilling it into me, I would not be successful! Thank you Dr. Patching, for loving us enough that you don't want to see us fail. Do not change a thing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Patching, MD?
I just had gastric bypass two weeks ago. I feel great and it was relatively painless with no side effects. He was very encouraging and professional. I think my rapid recovery is related to how skillful this physician is. I am very pleased with the results of this procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Patching, MD?
My experience with Dr. Patching was really great! Super Professional. Dr. Patching took time with me and let me ask any and every question I could possible have about Bariatric Surgery. I felt cared for and have complete trust in his abilities as a surgeon. I didn't feel like just a number as is often the case with busy doctor's. In fact all of the hospital staff sings his praises during the process. I highly recommend him if you are considering Bariatric Surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Patching, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Patching?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Patching treats patients.

Sutter Medical Center