Dr. Steven Palter, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & InfertilityMaleAge 56

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

Dr. Steven Palter, MD is a Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialist in Woodbury, NY and has over 32 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Boston University School Of Medicine in 1990. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Long Island Jewish Medical Center and North Shore University Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Steven Palter, MD

Dr. Steven Palter

246 Crossways Park Dr W Woodbury, NY 11797

Dr. Palter's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Palter

3.4

Dr. Palter is amazing
Where do I start? I have so many great things to say about Gold Coast IVF. Dr. Palter and his team are all amazing people. When I started my IVF journey I was worried and scared, but I can definitely say with Gold Coast everything went so much easier than I expected. Dr. Palter knows exactly what he is doing and he does it with so much passion. The office is very much organized and everything is always made clear. Nurses are also very supportive and do well at communicating with the patients. They make sure that all questions are answered and there is no confusion. Gold Coast also provides you with a portal where nurses leave messages on what to do on a day to day basis which I really like. I am so glad we chose Gold Coast for our Journey and I can definitely say I have no regrets with our decision.
May 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Palter, MD?
There aren't enough words in the English language to describe how wonderful Dr. Palter and GCIVF are!! Compassionate, caring, empathetic, professional, courteous, efficient, knowledgeable and just plain fabulous!!!! My beautiful 5 year old son is proof that Dr. Palter is dedicated to helping people fulfill their dreams of becoming parents. I tell anyone and everyone that needs help with fertility about GCIVF!
Dana G – Aug 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Palter, MD?
This is a "one size fits all" factory. You are forced to take medicine longer than you may need so that you align with the other patients going thru ivf that month. After a failed cycle I was left with a 2 minute phone call to tell me my eggs were all poor quality and that I needed a genetic test that would take a month for results.. after a month of anxiously waiting results I had to call them. Luckily I just had an excellent cycle at my new clinic and funny enough no egg quality issue.
Mar 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Palter, MD?
I wish I did not have to give any stars to enter my review. Very unprofessional and cold hearted. Wish we never went there . Deeply saddened by this whole awful experience.
Mar 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Palter, MD?
There are not enough negative words in the dictionary to desirable how awful this practice is. Not only is the doctor ( I use that term loosely ) money hungry his staff is one of the most unprofessional bunch I have ever encounter. If you are not rich or have insurance RUN from this evil, money sucking man. He left me so heartbroken and broke I am just recovering from the trauma he inflicted.
Not a mama yet in Woodbury, NY – Feb 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Palter, MD?
I would recommend Gold Coast IVF to anyone who needs help. Dr. Palter is an amazing doctor and I was very comfortable knowing that there is hope to having children. He has an excellent staff and answers questions and they also helped me through the process without any worry. I have 3 beautiful children thanks to the dedication of Dr. Palter and his staff.
Marcy in NY – Feb 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Palter, MD?
Dr. Palter and his staff are simply amazing. From the moment you walk through the door, you are treated like family; greeted by name, and always with a smile . My questions and concerns were answered in a timely fashion, and in a kind, compassionate manner. I cannot say enough about the incredible nursing staff, who are among the most caring, professional individuals I have come to know. Dr. Palter himself has a warm and friendly bedside manner, and it is evident that he truly cares about every
Kristen in Northport, NY – Feb 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Palter, MD?
Words cannot express how much I love this place. When I came to Dr. Palter I was heartsick and pretty much giving up that I could ever have a baby. the first minute I walked in I knew this was a special place. After so many doctors that told me No Dr. Palter helped me. Every staff member made me feel at home and I called him every day! Don't give up! Other infertility doctors told me it was too late for me but I gave it one more try with Dr. Palter and GCIVF. Now I have my beautiful daughter!
Mary J in Great Neck, NY – Feb 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Palter, MD?
This is the most AMAZING fertility center anywhere. I went there after not being successful 3 other places and I read GCIVF had the top success rate in the USA! No only was I successful but the process was night and day better than the other places. It is run like boutique one on one center. Everyone knew who I was --- everyone knew my next step. Dr Palter was always available and made sure I was comfortable-- he tells it like it is but I was sick of doctors lying to me and just saying do
SaraT in Woodbury, NY – Feb 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Palter, MD?
Underneath the friendly veneer of smiles, hugs, and talk of miracles, there is an evil, ugly side to Dr. Palter's office. We were able to achieve natural pregnancy without the help of this facility. Staff is super rude. Made us wait for nearly 2 hours at our appointment where he told us we most likely wouldnt conceive naturally (meanwhile we were already pregnant when receiving the news). Only in it for the money and tried to upsell us on the very expensive IUI. Look elsewhere!
NY – Dec 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Palter, MD?
My experience with Dr.Palter was extremely awful. His bedside manner was phony. He is definitely in it for the money. After many years of trying to have a child this so called doctor gave me and my family false hope. I found a wonderful doctor and at the age of 39 we are 7 months along. This clinic staff is okay. Like I mentioned before the his bedside manner is so phony that one leaves his office feeling nauseous. I wish I did not have to give this quack any stars.
Old Mama in Westbury, NY – Dec 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Palter, MD?
Dr Palter cares only about his success rates, not the patient. He will turn you away if your medical history is complicated. He tried to talk me into having a surgery to remove my Fallopian tubes. He said he would not do any fertility treatment on me without this surgery first. Well I trusted my gut and I didn’t listen to him. I left his office feeling hopeless and in tears. I ended up pregnant naturally twice after this consultation. Thank God I didn’t listen to him and remove my tubes!!
Mar 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Palter, MD?
Please save your self worth, time and money. I give a tremendous warning to not use this doctor who is spread too thin among different locations and is so closed minded that you will never receive the attention and dedication your specialized case needs. This is purely a profit driven business, not a thoughtful family centered hospital.
Feb 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Palter, MD?
After trying out two fertility clinics, I went to Dr Palter as a last resort. Instantly, I knew this would be different. He wasn't a pompous know it all like the other two doctors I had experiences with. He was blunt, and told it like it was. He was also understanding that we are human beings with feelings, that had been on a long, sad journey of infertility. His staff is kind and friendly. We never felt like we were in a baby mill, like we had with the other two places. Bottom line, pregnant!!
E in Huntington, NY – Oct 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Palter, MD?
Dr. Palter will push you to the most expensive treatment that might not be in the best interest of his patients but IS in the best interest of his wallet. He pushed me and my husband into IVF, lied about what to expect and when the second round of IVF didn't work, told me to use donor eggs. Well, we went to a diff't doctor and, with IUI and obviously my own eggs, I became pregnant. He looks at his patients as $ signs, not people. And his staff (with very limited exceptions) is clueless.
East Northport, NY – Mar 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Palter, MD?
Dr. Palter and his staff (very friendly staff) helped my wife to get pregnant with our first try at IVF. Enough said! We could tell that he is very dedicated to helping couples conceive and will do everything he can to help people with such goals.
Matt in Massapequa, NY – Oct 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Palter, MD?
Mr. Steven Palter is excellent at 1 thing! Traumatizing you into a decision that will line his pockets and benefit HIM. His bedside manor is horrible and majority of his staff is unfriendly. Every single visit I had was awful. The one thing I gained from his doctor visits was to trust my gut and not listen to a word he said. Now I have a beautiful, healthy 8 month old little girl. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else to avoid unnecessary stress.
Elena in Flushing, NY – Aug 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Palter, MD?
total lack or organization and a total waste of time. please do yourself a favor and dont waste your time! dr palter was knowledegable but his staff is so awful that you just cant use him!
alyssa – Jul 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Palter, MD?
I wish all medical experiences were like the one I had at Gold Coast IVF. From the moment I walked through the door, I felt confident that this was the physician and staff for us. The office staff is friendly, attentive, and beyond organized. My questions were always answered, I felt that I could always call, and when I walked in they knew my name which was so comforting. Dr. Palter is a medical genius. He is thorough and completely involved in every step of your journey. I am currently 6
Commack, NY – May 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Palter, MD?
I never returned after my initial consultation. He looked at my age and treated me like I had zero hope and would need donor eggs, etc. He traumatized me so that I didn't look into treatments for a whole year. A year later, I went elsewhere, met an amazing specialist and am pregnant 3 months later to the day of our meeting. Go elsewhere.
Massapequa, NY – Dec 22, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Palter, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Palter?