Dr. Steven Nyquist, MD

Dr. Steven Nyquist, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Cool Springs Psychiatric Group 354 Cool Springs Blvd Ste 105 Franklin, TN 37067 Get Directions

Dr. Steven Nyquist, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Franklin, TN. He is 69 years old and has been practicing for 43 years.

Dr. Nyquist's Experience

See how Dr. Nyquist's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Nyquist

Dr. Nyquist accepts 13 insurance carriers

Dr. Nyquist's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nyquist to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Nyquist's Performance
Nashville, TN |
Dr. Nyquist himself is good at what he does, and seems to be cognizant of what issues you are having. However his office staff is extremely disrespectful, rude, unprofessional, and obnoxious to have to deal with. Your only allowed one appointment every 5 months it seems, if you call and ask for an earlier appointment they will only grant one if you "need to change your medication". Asking to come in to simply talk to your care provider about concerns or issues is not a valid reason for his staff
Murfreesboro, TN |
It is a shame. I really like Dr. Steven Nyquist, and his nurse practitioners. However, I will not go back because of his staff's incompetence. I was a patient for 15 months. In the beginning, I was able to get time appointments and didn't have more than a 15-20 minute wait at appointments. In October 2016 (after 9 months), I ran out of my meds. I was 7 days short before my next appointment. When I called, they argued with me about it several times then finally called in 3 pills of Wellbut
in Spring Hill, TN |
I loved Dr.Nyquist but only met him once 3 years ago. Once you see him you only see a NP. I don't like this. I would like to see the doctor annually/ semi-annually. I had my nurse practitioner change 3 times and never once was I notified ahead of time. I just show up and a new person treats me. The office staff is less than desirable. I've been questioned personally about forgetting an appointment, "Well, what have you been doing all this time???|!!" Very offensive.
Columbia |
I have never had a provider refuse to help when I was in dire need. This office, and especially Ann Crim have refused to help me twice. Also, their wait times are horrendous. I don't think there has been a single time that I didn't have to wait to be seen an hour after my scheduled appt. Very disappointed in how they treat patients with severe issues such as myself. Stay far away from this office!!!
in Nashville, TN |
I liked dr nyquist. However i had emergency visit and changed my regular appt. The therapist asked does this take the place of your appt next wee. I said yes. She said shed take care of it. They billed me for missed appt. I called twice to tell them stop billing me because it wasnt my fault. They billed again. I said im not coming back if you keep billing me for this. Next letter dr nyquist says hes honoring my request. This is not how you treat upset people. I should of received apology not ego
in Nolensville, TN |
I liked Dr. Nyquist. It was the Receptionist who was so horrible. I ran out of my medication and she REFUSED to let me speak with Dr. Nyquist. She said it was office policy for her to take a message, give it to him, receive a response, and call me back. She accused me of self-medicating, and told me that under no certain terms would "they" call in a prescription for me. I was taking a narcotic and my body went through the most hellacious withdrawal. I blame her for that.
in Franklin, TN |
The office is near impossible to get a response from. They don't use to email. You must call and sit on hold for long periods of time. My last appointment, they incorrectly filled a prescription. My pharmacy said they would handle it directly. Dr. Nyquist's office was unresponsive, with no explanation other than it is "not their policy to respond to faxes". I was without medication for over a week because of this negligence. I can't imagine if this was a life threatening emergency.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Nyquist is probably the best physician I've ever been to. He didn't try to minimalize my symptoms or disregard them like others have done in the past. I was starting to give up hope in anyone listening to me. Thank God I found him. I feel so relieved to be taken seriously.
The Drs are good. You will only see Dr Nyquist one time. Wish he would maybe do a semi annual or a annual visit. His office staff completely sucks. They are terrible. If you need anything outside of an appointment you have zero chance.
in Spring Hill, TN |
Outstanding visit. Glad to be back.
in Franklin, TN |
BEWARE!!! If you are a patient and become disabled they will refuse to treat you, regardless of the disability.
in Nashville, TN |
Great listener, compassion for anxiety sufferers, very knowledgeable!
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Nyquist is a true gem. He is most personable, listens intently, and shoots from the hip - and straight talk is important to me. I highly recommend his personal services as well as his practice overall.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Nyquist, MD?
Are you Dr. Nyquist?

Compare Dr. Nyquist

Dr. Nyquist's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Geriatric Psychiatry and Psychiatry

Dr. Nyquist has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Why It Matters: Dr. Nyquist's Board Certifications

• Geriatric Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

University of Kansas / School of Medicine

Graduated in 1974

Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Completed in 1979

Dr. Nyquist does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nyquist and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry