Dr. Steven Neubauer, MD

Dr. Steven Neubauer, MD

Dermatology  |

Dr. Neubauer is extremely proud to have helped build Premier Dermatology – which started with two dermatologists and a single office – into the largest practice in Illinois, with four offices and 11 dermatologists. He also appreciates that his practice allows him to interact with a wide variety of patients, from young to old, medical to surgical, and from those with minor problems to life-threatening conditions. Dr. Neubauer ensures his patients are always highly informed about their treatment by talking honestly with them and setting realistic expectations.

Premier Dermatology - Naperville

• CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Missouri

Learn about Dr. Neubauer

See how frequently Dr. Neubauer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Acne
Skin Infections
Plantar Wart

Dr. Neubauer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Neubauer "Dr. Steven Neubauer is a Board-Certified Dermatologist. He appreciates that his practice allows him to interact with a wide variety of patients, from young to old, medical to surgical, and from those with minor problems to life-threatening conditions. Dr. Neubauer ensures his patients are always highly informed about their treatment by talking honestly with them and setting realistic expectations."

• Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Puncture Aspiration
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Vanderbilt University Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Dr. Neubauer has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Neubauer to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Neubauer's Performance
in Shorewood |
Dr. Neubauer is friendly and attentive to my needs and I trust him completely.
in Mokena |
I do not think Dr. Neubauer took enough time to examine my skin for possible issues.
Naperville, IL |
Dr Neubauer takes the time to have a conversation and understand what’ the patient is dealing with, explain the seriousness of any issues and prescribe the most meaningful treatment.
in Naperville, IL |
First time visiting I will not be going again. He was blunt rushed and completely uninterested. I was there for a complete mole check which took no more than 5 mins.. no explanation I left still worried about my moles.
in Joliet, IL |
HE is an excellent doctor.
West Chicago, IL |
Very blunt and brief, literally spent 5 minutes with me. And than questioned why I didn't carry traditional insurance (I paid cash up front). He didn't make a good impression for the first time every seeing a dermatologist. I won't be going back.
in Manhattan, IL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Neubauer for over 20 years. During that time he has treated me for a variety of skin problems including skin cancer. He is thorough and explains his findings in a very understandable manner. I trust his judgement, and recommend him without reservation. My wife is also his patient.
Crest Hill, IL |
Dr. Neubauer diagnosed my issue quickly and ensured that the solution he provided did not impact my glaucoma. It was a great experience from registration through to the appointment.
Beaver Dam, WI |
He does seem to be too busy to spend time with patients. Another issue is my insurance (Health Alliance) told me he is an approved provider under my plan under a newer Fed. ID #, however after some research, the billing is performed under an old Federal ID #. Insurance has sent 2 e-mails regarding this issue and I talked with office personnel, to no avail. I would like some resolve as I have had to pay out-of-pocket a couple of times.
Naperville, IL |
I have seen three other dermatologists at this office. All who have been friendly and professsional. However, in meeting with Dr, Neubauer, he seemed rushed and very blunt. He tried to prescribe me a medication that I told him I had tried and hadn't worked. He seemed to have zero interest in hearing from me about what I have tried in the past and what I wanted that day.
Hi Thank you for posting a review. I appreciate your feedback.
in Bourbonnais |
Thought at 7:40 I was the first patient of the day. WRONG. Half hour wait in the waiting room and about 10 minutes in the room. Dr. Neubauer came in asked if I had any concerns and what HE should be looking for. Ummmm isnt' that YOUR job. He spent a total of probably 2 minutes with me. You could tell he was running for room...to room...to room....to room. Very very disappointed.
I would never recommend him to friends or family, especially for the treatment of acne. He takes a quick look at you and then writes prescriptions without any explanations. He doesn't look at your chart, and he tries to prescribe the same medications every visit even if they didn't work in the past. One time when I was in the waiting room, he went through 3 patients in 10 minutes. He also made comments about my career aspirations that offended me. His PA, Madeline Abrams, is awesome though.
Aurora, IL |
We waited a long time in the waiting room. But the exam was almost immediate. Dr. Neubauer was very curt and did not ask any questions about my history except to ask if was using something new when I had already told him I had the rash on my arm for at least eight months. Was in the room less than ten minutes with him. I will not be going back.
in Joliet, IL |
Dr. Neubauer is a first rate Dermatologist. He is skilled and knowledgeable, attentive to his patients and efficient in his operations. I have never had an unreasonable wait to get an appointment or time in the waiting area. I leave his office confident in his handling of my appointment.
in New Lenox, ILI |
I had scheduled a full body exam for moles etc. The Dr. spent about 2 minutes of time with me, he never once explained anything to me. Only asked if there were any moles that I was concerned about. I pointed out a few, but this is his job to see if anything looks suspicious. I was shocked when he was done I didn't even realize the exam was over. I did complain at the front desk on how disappointed i was. I wish I was allowed to write more, but I am limited to what I can write. DISAPPOINTED
Hi Thank you for the feedback.
Naperville, IL |
Not satisfied with my visit. Dr. too much in a hurry just wanted to get to the next patient. First time seeing dr. and he didn't ask me anything about history or conditions. Talked about a shampoo but never gave me the name or the fact that it was an OTC product. Will not be going back. Will look for another dermatologist.
Hi Thank you for posting a review. I appreciate your feedback.
Romeoville, IL |
Great Dr. of Dermatology. Friendly, informative, professional and excellent listening to the patients questions and concerns.
Oswego, IL |
Had an excellent experience with Dr Neubauer. He made sure to thoroughly explain the process and probable results. I appreciated that he got right to the point but was also very friendly.
Thank you for the 5 star rating and taking the time to post a review.
Joliet, IL |
This was my first and last time seeing Dr. Neubauer. I felt he was very degrading to women and I waited longer in the waiting room than he was in the room. I was very unsatisfied with my appointment. I usually see a different doctor at premier dermatology but wanted to get in right away and Dr. Neubauer was the only one available. I will never make that mistake again!
in Lockport |
Everyone very pleasant, and courteousness.
Joliet, IL |
Very helpful and great Doctor! I have seen him several times and he is always quick and gets to the point!
Joliet, IL |
I have been going to this practice for 30 years. Always good. Only concern is their billing dept. I received a bill in Jan for services rendered last May. Enough said.
Very rushed. Did not feel like he was very thorough at all.
Mendota, IL |
The least thorough exam I've ever received. I felt the exam was rushed. Went in for a whole body exam and all angles/sides were not checked closely or discussed, only a quick look around. I was not impressed with the professionalism of the exam and was not directed as to what to do or where to go when my exam was complete. The assistant/nurse left the room at the same time as the doctor without any instruction or word.
Hi Appreciate your feedback. Thanks for the review.
in Lombard, IL |
Dr. Neubauer is very attentive and takes his time to explain your options. I had two moles removed and the procedure was quick and painless. He makes you feel comfortable while performing the procedure to decrease any anxiety. He has a genuine concern for your well being and answers all questions in the office and returns your phone calls in a timely manner. I highly recommend this physician because he is an excellent listener and truly cares about you as a patient!!
in Naperville, IL |
This doctor is great for teen/young adult acne. He really cares about his patients and is willing to do anything to help them out.
Thank you for the positive feedback, 5 star rating and taking the time to post a review.
in New Lenox, IL |
He was very personable, friendly and knowledgeable. He explained things well without being condescending, which I sincerely appreciate.
Mokena, IL |
No relief from this treatment. Very uncaring.
in Orland Park, IL |
Dr Neubauer is very friendly and courteous and make one feel very comfortable. This was my first visit and I would highly recommend him to both family and friends. He is very competent.
Calumet City, IL |
He is awesome. He takes his time, he answers all our questions and he is thorough.
in Naperville, IL |
Lack of interest overall...
Hi Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Appreciate your feedback.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Neubauer, MD?

Visit Dr. Neubauer

• Group Health Cooperative
  • HealthLink
    Choice Care
    Tricare
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedHealthInsurance