Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD

Dr. Nakajima
Telehealth services available

Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital At

1195 W FREMONT AVE Sunnyvale, CA 94087

Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD is a Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialist in Sunnyvale, CA and has over 39 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from St Louis U, School of Medicine medical school in 1982. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Nakajima to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Nakajima treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Nakajima's conditions and procedures:

• Fallopian Tube Disorders
  • In Vitro Fertilization

Dr. Nakajima accepts

Dr. Nakajima accepts the following insurance:

Advantage-CA PPO
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Nakajima's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Nakajima

Dr. Nakajima?
  • Explained conditions well (40)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (40)
  • Listened & answered questions (39)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (5)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (4)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
As a single mom by choice, there was a lot on my plate in going through IVF. I'm one of the patients who reads EVERYTHING online and elsewhere and does a lot of research. I was referred to Dr. Nakajima after a doctor I started seeing elsewhere left the practice. A blessing to have gotten to meet and know Dr. Nakajima. It is a shared practice so you do not always get to see your primary doctor but you should make every effort to do so when you can. Dr. Nakajima is a very thorough, detailed and smart doctor. After multiple IVF protocols, I am blessed to have a baby to call my own and from my own eggs(!!). I have not enough good things to say about this man who cares so much about this patients. He and his entire care team (Hi Dorothy!) are just great, the front desk staff too (Hi Pam and Ruby!). The wait time can be improved but frankly it's because they spend time answering patients questions--and when you're that patient, you appreciate the time.
CS – Mar 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
I am now pregnant, and we are happy customers of Dr. Nakajima. Before going in, you should know that they are a group practice, so that means you may not always see your designated doctor for procedures (including IUIs). However, your doctor is always the one you talk to about treatment plan. Our process was delayed in the first few months due to covid, but after we completed the all the tests and necessary procedures, it was fairly smooth. Dr.Nakajima was very supportive and listened to our concerns. He was willing to adjust treatment plan according to our comfort level and situation. The practice is not a private practice, so the level of service can’t be compared to a private practice. They still have to work on improving their processes because they have so many patients, and you have to advocate for yourself at times. The most important thing for us was to get pregnant, and Dr.Nakajima helped us get there. I believe the doctors here are very knowledgeable and capable.
Mar 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
I registered as a patient at with Dr. Nakajima at Stanford Fertility in 2020.I had a complicated history and this was our last attempt to start a family. Dr.Nakajima had done a detailed study of my prior history before our first consult (which was telehealth due to Covid). He was very forthcoming with information, helped us navigate different options, was honest about our chances and risks, and all the while maintaining a positive attitude. We started fertility treatments soon afterward. He tried a protocol that was new to me, which gave us a solid outcome. The retrieval process at this clinic was the best I've experienced- minimal pain and no spotting after the procedure. The doctor and his staff were always prompt with answering myChart questions. Stanford handled the Covid situation very efficiently. Clinic visits were smooth and well coordinated. The nurse coordinators and staff are really great to work with.Fast forward a few months, we are pregnant and graduated from the clinic!
Feb 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
My husband and I greatly appreciated Dr. Nakajima’s frankness and honesty. He is very knowledgeable, encouraging, and supportive. I always felt like I could ask any question even when I know it may sound silly to him and I’m not really sure I put it in the right way (since English is not my mother tongue and there’re so many medical terms that I haven’t seen before). I was initially concerned that there could be a communication issue, but Dr. Nakajima is so patient with us and he has explained pretty much everything that we need to know. And if we have more questions after visits, we can always use the MyChart system to send questions to our care team, and the assigned nurse Dorothy usually gets back to us within the same day (sometimes just in minutes). I’m a huge fan of Dr. Nakajima and I’m so grateful for the whole care team -- Dorothy, Patricia, Claire (NP) and Brent (MD), thank you all!
Dec 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
I saw Dr. Nakajima at Stanford Fertility, and highly recommend the clinic! The staff was all wonderful, and I always felt really well cared for. My questions were answered promptly and test results communicated quickly. At 8 weeks pregnant I’m transferring to the OB! Thank you Stanford Fertility :)
Jun 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
Dr. Nakajima is amazing! I was Dr. Lathi’s patient but after she went on a research sabbatical, I was transferred to Dr. Nakajima’s care. At every visit, he took the time to thoroughly address our concerns and questions and provided a detailed explanation of every part of the procedure we were going through. He was extremely professional and meticulous during the embryo implantation. Dr. Nakajima has a very pleasant demeanor and an excellent bedside manner. He helped us get pregnant after just one cycle of IVF and made us feel confident about his treatment protocol. Stanford REI clinic faculty and staff including the nurses were amazing. We are so grateful to them for helping us get pregnant even with a severe male infertility factor.
Apr 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
I have been working with Dr. Nakajima for the past 2 years and he has been an amazing doctor. Though fertility treatments are mostly about following protocols, he spends ample time with each patient on every visit to re-analyze the course of action and setup the best treatment plan for that patient. He is very meticulous at his work, patiently answers a lot of questions with a great analytical mind and puts in a lot of due-diligence into the decisions (IVF treatments are about a lot of tiny decisions made right). Overall, we had great results with him and wishing that many more people can benefit from his expertise.
mk – Mar 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
My husband and I went through about 3 rounds of IUI and one canceled IVF before we switched to Dr. Nakajima. From the first consultation we had with him we could see the difference. He was completely thorough; he had studied my case well and together we worked on and agreed on a plan to follow for what would be our 2nd IVF journey. the part we were most impressed with Dr. Nakajima, was that he decided to go forward with my IVF and extract the only egg I could produce. We are happy to say that our little miracle happened, and we are now 3 months pregnant and extremely grateful. Our successful journey would have not been possible without Dr. Nakajima and his amazing staff. We couldn’t give a higher recommendation to Dr. Nakajima and his team! They made our baby dream come true and we couldn’t be more happy and grateful.
Mar 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
Nakajima is great! He diagnosed why we weren't able to get pregnant, fixed it with surgery, and now we are pregnant with our first child!
Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
Dr. Nakajima is a very nice and patient doctor. I turned to him after several IUI and IVF failures in UCSF. He reviewed my past records carefully and prepared alternative treatment plan in initial consultation. I went through 4 cycles of IVF treatment under him and got 2 very good embryos which passed PGS. Dr Nakajima also spent a lot of time on video call whenever I had questions or concerns during the process. Now I'm 31w in pregnancy with one of the embryo transferred. I'm very appreciated for all the treatment Dr Nakajima did for me!
YL, W – Oct 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
Dr. Nakajima is one of the kindest doctors I have ever interacted with. My husband and I went to him for fertility treatment. He listened to us patiently in initial consultation, explained the available methods and what he recommends for us and why he recommends that for us. We went through 4 cycles of treatment under him and fortunately the fourth IUI resulted in positive pregnancy. Pros: wonderful bedside manner, kind, patient and positive towards patients - which gives strength specially when nothing else is working. Cons: we did not experience any.
Apr 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
After trying to conceive naturally and via IVF and after facing many hurdles, we finally turned to Dr Nakajima when we thought all was lost. He was very patient with us and gave us detailed options. He never pushed us into making quick decisions unlike a few other fertility specialists we had tried. He allowed us to take our time in thinking over the various choices calmly without any deadlines. We spent months pondering our choices and improving our health. When we finally decided to try
Indian Immigrants in Sunnyvale, CA – Jun 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
I had great experience working with Dr Nakajima at Stanford REI. He is very knowledgeable, experienced and patient. I went through several cycles of stimulated ovulation and IUI before a final positive result. Dr Nakajima and his staff were very accommodating to my situation, and encouraging when I had several negative pregnancies in a row. But eventually he got me on the right meds, dose and timing! I would seek help from him for another pregnancy!
Jan 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
After 6 years of infertility struggle, Dr. Nakajima recommended me to undergo the egg donor procedure and I'm now in the 9th week pregnancy (going strong). I fully trusted his professional opinion and assessment throughout the treatment cycle. As a result, I was able to make a few critical decision along the way leading to this successful pregnancy.
Dec 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
Dr. Nakajima is a wonderful doctor - very good bedside manner, attentive to the patient and willing to take as much time as the patient needs with him. Because he is so focused on his patients' needs, he can sometimes run behind, but he never rushes your appointment. We've gone through a few IVF cycles, and Dr Nakajima did everything to adapt medications and techniques to help us have a successful pregnancy. I highly recommend him.
Los Gatos, CA – Aug 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
I had a very good donor egg cycle experience with Dr. Nakajima at Stanford REI. He was very quick to review my donor options, gave his recommendations and we ended up with about 22 embryos that came back normal after PGS. He has a very warm personality and good bedside manner and clearly cares about his patients.
San Carlos, CA – Jul 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
Knowledgeable, thorough. You do not have to worry about your history, he has best recommendations and suggested best treatment to me. Will highly recommend
V.A. in Sunnyvale,CA – Oct 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
He is a excellent dr, a great person. He worked with me for months although my insurance didn't cover him. When other doctors wanted to do a hysterectomy, he said no and did a myomectomy. If there were a grade higher than Excellent, he would get it. I love this doctor, the best.
Angela Harbin in Louisville, Ky – Mar 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Nakajima?

I strive to deliver personalized advanced reproductive therapies to patients while respecting their individual goals and beliefs.

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility