Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility •  Male • Age 63

Dr. Nakajima
401 E Chestnut St Louisville, KY 40202

Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD is a reproductive endocrinology & infertility specialist in Louisville, KY and has been practicing for 38 years. He graduated from St. Louis University School Of Medicine in 1982 and specializes in reproductive endocrinology & infertility.

• Trustworthy Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews
  • Friendly staff Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

Dr. Nakajima accepts

Dr. Nakajima accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Advantage Preferred DirectAccess Plus PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO
Select PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Kentucky

Check if Dr. Nakajima treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Nakajima's conditions and procedures:

• Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Endometriosis
  • Female Infertility
  • Fluid Contrast Ultrasound
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Nakajima

Dr. Nakajima?
Dr. Nakajima's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD
Dr. Nakajima is a very nice and patient doctor. I turned to him after several IUI and IVF failures in UCSF. He reviewed my past records carefully and prepared alternative treatment plan in initial consultation. I went through 4 cycles of IVF treatment under him and got 2 very good embryos which passed PGS. Dr Nakajima also spent a lot of time on video call whenever I had questions or concerns during the process. Now I'm 31w in pregnancy with one of the embryo transferred. I'm very appreciated for all the treatment Dr Nakajima did for me!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
Dr. Nakajima is one of the kindest doctors I have ever interacted with. My husband and I went to him for fertility treatment. He listened to us patiently in initial consultation, explained the available methods and what he recommends for us and why he recommends that for us. We went through 4 cycles of treatment under him and fortunately the fourth IUI resulted in positive pregnancy. Pros: wonderful bedside manner, kind, patient and positive towards patients - which gives strength specially when nothing else is working. Cons: we did not experience any.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
After trying to conceive naturally and via IVF and after facing many hurdles, we finally turned to Dr Nakajima when we thought all was lost. He was very patient with us and gave us detailed options. He never pushed us into making quick decisions unlike a few other fertility specialists we had tried. He allowed us to take our time in thinking over the various choices calmly without any deadlines. We spent months pondering our choices and improving our health. When we finally decided to try
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
I had great experience working with Dr Nakajima at Stanford REI. He is very knowledgeable, experienced and patient. I went through several cycles of stimulated ovulation and IUI before a final positive result. Dr Nakajima and his staff were very accommodating to my situation, and encouraging when I had several negative pregnancies in a row. But eventually he got me on the right meds, dose and timing! I would seek help from him for another pregnancy!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
After 6 years of infertility struggle, Dr. Nakajima recommended me to undergo the egg donor procedure and I'm now in the 9th week pregnancy (going strong). I fully trusted his professional opinion and assessment throughout the treatment cycle. As a result, I was able to make a few critical decision along the way leading to this successful pregnancy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
Dr. Nakajima is a wonderful doctor - very good bedside manner, attentive to the patient and willing to take as much time as the patient needs with him. Because he is so focused on his patients' needs, he can sometimes run behind, but he never rushes your appointment. We've gone through a few IVF cycles, and Dr Nakajima did everything to adapt medications and techniques to help us have a successful pregnancy. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
I had a very good donor egg cycle experience with Dr. Nakajima at Stanford REI. He was very quick to review my donor options, gave his recommendations and we ended up with about 22 embryos that came back normal after PGS. He has a very warm personality and good bedside manner and clearly cares about his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
Knowledgeable, thorough. You do not have to worry about your history, he has best recommendations and suggested best treatment to me. Will highly recommend
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?
He is a excellent dr, a great person. He worked with me for months although my insurance didn't cover him. When other doctors wanted to do a hysterectomy, he said no and did a myomectomy. If there were a grade higher than Excellent, he would get it. I love this doctor, the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Nakajima, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Nakajima?

I strive to deliver personalized advanced reproductive therapies to patients while respecting their individual goals and beliefs.

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility