Dr. Steven Meyers, MD

Dr. Steven Meyers, MD

Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Steven Meyers, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Fort Worth, TX. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Read his story

1651 W Rosedale St Ste 200

Fort Worth, TX 76104

Learn about Dr. Meyers

Dr. Meyers' Experience

Dr. Meyers' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine

Dr. Meyers' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Meyers "Dr. Steve Meyers is a sports medicine physician specializing in the non-operative treatment of all sports injuries and musculoskeletal disorders. He manages all general orthopedic diagnoses from neck pain to toe pain and all areas in between. He has a special interest in Regenerative Orthopedic Injections with Platelets and Stem Cells in addition to treating acute and chronic athletic/sports injuries and non-operative fracture care. Dr. Meyers places a strong emphasis on taking the time to fully explain your diagnosis and the treatment options that are available. As a former competitive athlete, he understands the desire to return to sport after injury. After obtaining his Bachelor's degree from The University of Texas at Austin, Dr. Meyers received his MD degree from The University of Texas Medical School at Houston. He then completed family practice residency at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston followed by a one-year fellowship in Primary Care Sports Medicine at U.T. Southwestern in Dallas. Dr. Meyers also specializes in the use of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound. Ultrasound imaging allows him to visualize soft tissue injuries to tendons, ligaments and muscle and even direct specific treatment to these injured areas. Dr. Meyers and his wife are the proud parents of twin boys. When not covering athletic events or spending time with his family, Dr. Meyers enjoys racquetball, wake boarding, mountain biking and photography."

This content was provided by Dr. Meyers "I take the time to listen to my patients, perform a thorough exam, review x-rays and discuss all the diagnosis and treatment options. As a non-operative sports medicine physician, I always start with non-surgical treatments whenever possible."

• Sports Medicine

Dr. Meyers does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankle Fracture
  • Foot Injuries
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fractured Lower Leg
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Ligament Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Meniscal Cyst
  • Sprain
  • Stress Fracture
  • Subacromial Bursitis
  • Tendon Disorders
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tibia Fracture

• Percutaneous Procedures
  • Peripheral Nerve Decompression
  • Physical Therapy
  • Piriformis Injection
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection

• Baylor College Of Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • University Tex Southwestern
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Meyers has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Meyers has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Meyers does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Meyers and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Meyers' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Meyers to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Meyers' Performance
in Ft Worth, TX |
Orthopedist extraordinaire. The absolute best. I could not be happier with the Platelet Rich Plasma therapy Dr. Myers performed on my left shoulder. The results are remarkable. no pain in just 3 months..
Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Meyers is an excellent sports medicine doc. He, his staff and the physical therapy office he works with are all top notch. I feel like he takes the time to listen to my issues/concerns, gives me his full attention, and speaks clearly and honestly about by diagnosis and options for treatment. My husband & I have both seen him for multiple reasons and have only had surgery once - I like it that his first option isn't surgery - sometimes more scar tissue isn't the answer! Highly Recommend!
in Fort Worth, Tx |
Dr Meyers, was awesome including his staff as well....I definitely recommend him for anyone that needs a very good foot dr Lol
in Ft Worth, TX |
I went in to see Dr. Meyers with a rotator cuff injury and surgery (my choice) was not an option. I have seen significant improvement since as a result of Dr Meyers' thoughtful approach and am confident, with my recent progress, that I will be back close to 100% soon. Most importantly, it was done without invasive surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Meyers.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr.Meyers is an extraordinary physician. I found him easy to talk to, kind ,and most importantly a good man. His expertise in providing procedures for my knee stem cell injection were precise and expert. I was treated with respect and kindness. I do not hesitate to highly recommend him.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr.Meyers did a stem cell procedure on both knees. He had success for a number of years with injections but I was to the point of barely walking when he did the stem cell. I just went on vacation and floated a fast River. I also hiked 1/4 mile and back on a difficult trail to a hill country pool preserve. He's my hero!!
in Fort Worth, TX |
Referred to Dr. Meyers by Dr. Jason Ledbetter. Was scheduled in quickly and with courtesy. He is efficient and thorough. He has good judgment on amount of time needed to meet the patient's needs, but without excess. Diagnosed situation quickly and started a plan including physical therapy. After the prescribed visits to the PT returned to doctor and discussed results. Within six weeks had 75% improvement in rotator cuff impingement issues. Exceptionally pleased.
in Fort Worth, TX |
My daughter was experiencing a great deal of pain and weakness in her right knee. Dr. Meyers and his staff treated her condition with pt and she's now able to play volleyball and condition with minimal discomfort! Great bedside manner & very patient!
in Fort Worth, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Meyers by a friend. He saw me quickly and after an examination and review of my MRI, suggested a non-surgical treatment for my pinched nerves in my lower back. Now, after about six weeks, I am pain-free and back to 80% strength (previously I was having to use a cane just to walk). Both he and the therapy staff have been wonderful to me throughout my treatment. Thank you Dr. Meyers!
in Fort Worth, TX |
I had to torn meniscus. Dr. Meyers suggested the PRP procedure. He explained everything to me in detail that I could understand. I research on line and decided to give it a chance. My knees have been remarkably pain free since.
in Fort Worth, TX |
I was having severe pain in my shoulder that was becoming debilitating. Dr. Meyers discovered what was wrong and fixed it. I was beginning to think I would be stuck. I so relieved. I didn't need surgery. I am back to my old self and feeling great. Dr. Meyers is great. Great bedside manner!
in Hudson Oaks, TX |
Dr. Meyers was instrumental in helping me to avoid surgery on my elbow. I was a candidate for the PRP. My elbow is as good as ever.
in Cleburne, TX |
He takes the time to listen and then discusses the treatment options. I have been very happy with the treatment program and it has improved my quality of life.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Meyers, MD?
Are you Dr. Meyers?