Dr. Steven Merkow, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 65

Dr. Merkow

Orthopaedic Associates Of Wisconsin

N15W28300 Golf Rd Pewaukee, WI 53072

Dr. Steven Merkow, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Pewaukee, WI and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from University Of Wisconsin Medical School in 1980 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, and more.

Dr. Merkow's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Merkow

4.2

Dr. Merkow?
Dr. Merkow's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Steven Merkow, MD
The new knee is ten years old this spring and has been wonderful. Dr Merkow did a wonderful job!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Merkow, MD?
My experiences as a patient have been excellent. My initial visit a couple years ago was for a torn hamstring. He discouraged me from surgery due to several reasonable factors, such as my age and activities, and instead recommended physical therapy to regain most of the capabilities. The advice was conservative and the outcome accurate and highly satisfactory. When I returned for an unrelated hip replacement this year the results were excellent now a month later. His consultation, recommendations and coaching are very careful, considerate and spot on. Since my other hip was replaced seven years ago when in another state, this was an even better experience. The ortho center services are indicative of best practices in every categor. Thank you Dr. Merkow. Brian Cullen of Nashotah, Wisconsin.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Merkow, MD?
Very happy with Dr Merkow. He is recommending a second opinion with a colleague Dr Kilian, who is a shoulder specialist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Merkow, MD?
This guy is one of the most amazing individuals that I have had the very good fortune to have had perform surgery to my tibia and fibula of my lower right leg. As far a I'm concerned if you want the best look no further than this extraordinary skilled surgeon. Highly recommended. 10/10 on my score card.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Merkow, MD?
Dr. Merkow is personable, straight forward, and patient. He explains conditions well, is excellent with questions, and does a really good job of presenting options and counseling with respect to treatment. I originally consulted with him approx. 20 years ago and was glad to be seeing him again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Merkow, MD?
I would definitely recommend Dr. Merkow to not only my family but anyone who is suffering from a joint issue and hasn't decided if he/she requires surgery. Dr. Merkow will make the proper assessment and provide the right advice. He is a Dr. who really cares and enjoys helping others. I recently went through hip replacement surgery at Orthopaedic Associates of Wisconsin and can't thank Dr. Merkow and his staff enough. The receptionist, nurses, anesthesiologist, and others were great!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Merkow, MD?
Finally a doctor that will actually sit down and explain things. Not in a hurry to rush on to the next patient at all! Answers questions truthfully and in in words that can be understood by the patient. Gives both pro and con points of view. Explains success rates and satisfaction rates. This is a doctor I had never before seen but will now be a doctor of choice. The research I did and reviews that were left before me were what led me to choose Dr. Merkow. I am not disappointed at all!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Merkow, MD?
This past year I’ve had 2 total knee replacements by Dr. Merkow, came through both very good. I’m 67 tears old and recovered fantastic. I have recommended him to people that are considering knee replacement surgery. He also fixed my broken wrist 5 Year’s ago, he did a great job on that too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Merkow, MD?
I had a total right hip replacement 13 days ago and just had my post-op appointment. I walked into his office without any assistance such as a walker or cane and no longer taking any prescription pain medicine. Everything is moving as it should and I cannot thank Dr. Merkow enough. I'm going back to work in 2 weeks with anticipation to being fully recovered by mid-December. Dr. Merkow's Administrative Assistant, Kelly and Julie his PA are wonderful and attentive and answered all my questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Merkow, MD?
DR. Merkow recently performed knee surgery on me and I was extremely satisfied with the results. I would highly recommend him and his staff without hesitation. Very friendly, caring and professional. And no pain whatsoever!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Merkow, MD?
Anterior hip replacement surgery had no complications. I was up and walking 4-1/2 hours after surgery. I did physical therapy at home on my own schedule. I am back to work 4 weeks later.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Merkow, MD?
Dr. Merkow took the time to answer all of my questions. He has taken good of me through two replacement hip surgeries.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Merkow, MD?
Dr. Steve provided most excellent care throughout my knee replacement. Procedure was well-explained; preparation was well-guided; surgery went flawlessly; recovery as pain-free as possible; followup was caring, well-monitored; physical therapy was expert, proceeded rapidly; 8 weeks post-surgery I'm well-recovered. Nurse Practitioner Cynthia was so knowledgeable/helpful, monitoring and explaining everything. Administrative Assistant Kelly made communication easy/clear. Thank you all so very much!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Merkow, MD?
Dr. Merkow does a wonderful j0ob of explaining what needs to be done. He is through and takes time to answer questions. I have had two major surgeries by him, and would recommend him anytime.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Merkow, MD?
I was very pleased with my initial consultation with Dr. Merkow. He and his staff were prompt, professional, knowledgeable and made the experience as seamless as possible. All questions were answered and options provided.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Merkow, MD?
You know, It seems kind of ironic that one of the surveryors said " I have found no arrogance in Dr. Merkow" Hmmm, What an opening statement. A few years back I had a total hip replacement my Dr. Merkow. When the pain never ceased, I saw him and he said to me, Quote " there is nothing wrong with you, you are a drug addict looking for drugs!!" Then shortly after I received a letter stating " I am no longer his patient." I was put on disability because of my hip he supposedly fixed!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Merkow, MD?
My experience with Dr. Merkow and the entire staff at Orthopedic Associates of Wisconsin in Pewaukee was excellent. I received an accurate evaluation of my knee and made the decision to do a simple procedure. The surgery was a success. Dr. Merkow was able to stop my knee from locking up as it was doing. I was walking in a few days and returned to my daily activities and responsibilities within a week! I would highly recommend Dr Merkow and his orthopedic expertise! -Jamie
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Merkow, MD?
First off there is not a gram of arrogance in Dr Merkow. He was friendly, knowledgeable and reassuring. He explained the procedure, why he did what he did, and the results I could expect. At the same time, when I did something to jeopardize the surgery he was firm without being rude. Best of all, my recovery went so well that the physical therapist commented that if all surgeries went like mine, she would have the easiest job in the world. Thanks Doc!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Merkow, MD?
Dr. Merkow is AWESOME! He is an excellent surgeon. I recently had total knee replacement surgery done. He was very informative, worked with me on the pain medication, is very kind and compassionate and has a great bedside manner. He gave me the feeling that I could trust him completely with my surgery. I will be having my other knee done, and will be going back to Dr. Merkow for sure. I couldn't have had a better experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Merkow, MD?
I appreciated Dr. Merkow's down to earth manner. He got right down to business but didn't make me feel rushed. He took plenty of time to answer my questions and make recommendations.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Merkow?

Emphasize listening to my patients. Tailoring their care to their needs and giving my opinion on what I feel is in their best interest. I utilize injury specific physical therapy as well.

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics

1982
1980
1976

Dr. Merkow accepts

Dr. Merkow accepts the following insurance:

American Enterprise Group
American Republic
Commercial Insurance Company
Golden Rule
Medico
NGS CoreSource
Pekin Insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Wisconsin

Check Dr. Merkow's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Merkow's Top Procedures and Conditions

Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Dr. Merkow treats Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Merkow treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Tibia or Fibula
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Trigger Finger
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Fracture

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Merkow treats patients.