Dr. Steven Mandel, MD

Dr. Steven Mandel, MD

Anesthesiology  |
Dr. Steven Mandel, MD is an anesthesiology doctor who practices in Los Angeles, CA. He is 75 years old and has been practicing for 44 years. Read his story

11645 Wilshire Blvd Ste 852

Los Angeles, CA 90025

Learn about Dr. Mandel

Dr. Mandel's Experience

Dr. Mandel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Anesthesiology
  • Board certified in Anesthesiology

Dr. Mandel's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Mandel "Board-certified anesthesiologist, masters in psychology, Steven L Mandel M.D. is the founder and president of Ketamine Clinics of Los Angeles. Steve has had a passion for healing since he was a little boy, starting with nursing a robin back to health by feeding it with an eye-dropper after its unfortunate encounter with the neighborhood cat. Since then, he's become a pioneer among depression specialists and pain management doctors. His unique combination of experience and education in both anesthesiology and psychology makes him especially well-suited to provide IV Ketamine Infusion Therapy. He attended NYU where he majored in psychology in addition to completing his pre-medical studies. He continued his education at the University of Cincinnati Graduate School in Psychology on a full scholarship, earning his master's degree. After graduating from the USC Keck School of Medicine, Dr. Mandel did his residency in Anesthesiology at Massachusetts General Hospital and at UCLA's Center for the Health Sciences. He is board certified in Anesthesiology, with extensive experience in the provision of anesthesia in both inpatient and outpatient settings for adults and children. When he isn't caring for patients, Dr. Mandel enjoys spending time with his wife of 31 years, their 4 children, and their golden retriever Magellan. He is also an avid outdoorsman, serving as a sailing instructor and fleet surgeon for his yacht club and as a provider of outdoor emergency care as a member of the Mt. Baldy Ski Patrol."

This content was provided by Dr. Mandel "Steven L. Mandel M.D. believes that the keys to outstanding patient care are knowledge, experience, science, compassion, and humor. He offers personalized care geared towards service and achieves excellent results.

His general view is minimal intervention necessary and patient empowerment.   "

• Anesthesiology

• Bipolar V Disorder
  • Bipolar VI Disorder
  • Depression Relapse
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Late-Life Bipolar
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mixed-State Bipolar Disorder
  • Neck Pain
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Pain Disorder
  • Pain in Extremities
  • Pain, Intractable
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Persistent Anxiety
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Postpartum Depression

• Pain Management
  • Radiofrequency Nerve Ablation
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation

No malpractice history found for California.

• New York University
  • UCLA Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1976
  • University Of Cincinnati, College Of Medicine
    Other Education | Completed 1969

Dr. Mandel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mandel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mandel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mandel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mandel to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Mandel Says:

We greatly appreciate all of the feedback our patients provide. We continue to improve our patient satisfaction and treatment results every day. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the care you received, please contact us through the form on our site and give us an opportunity to address them. Thank you so much!

Sincerely,

Steven L. Mandel M.D.

and The Ketamine Clinics of Los Angeles Team

Dr. Mandel's Performance
in Lancaster, CA |
This man doesn't even deserve a star at all. During my consultation he was rude and condescending didn't even listen to me! He denied me treatment for a reason that my other doctors felt made him incompetent for my procedure. I went to this doctor feeling very sick but now I feel even more so because of the emotional anguish he caused me. His staff made me feel like a puny human being and I didn't feel respected and like they cared. Don't go to this man he made a couple of severe errors during m
Los Angeles, CA |
Truly the best doc I've been to. Took the time to listen to me and my concerns FIRST, then told me what he though was best and made me laugh along the way too, something I hadnt done in a long time before I went to Ketamine Clinics of Los Angeles to treat my depression. I had TRD and didnt respond to anything. Ketamine really works and I'm really grateful I got mine from Dr. Mandel.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Mandel took care of me when no one else would. I admit I was a difficult patient, but I was suffering and doing the best I could. I have been treatment resistant my whole life and to find someone as caring as Dr. Mandel and a treatment as effective as ketamine has truly been a miracle. I cannot thank him and his staff enough. I have my life back.
in Los Angeles, CA |
I was very anxious about my ketamine infusions because I heard a lot of stuff about hallucinations while doing research online but my experience was nothing like that. I did feel weird & out of my body but nothing scary. If you've had gas at the dentist, it was like that but stronger. Anyways, Dr. Mandel was really understanding & explained everything to me very thoroughly. I could tell he really wanted me to get better & have a good experience. Its been 2 months and I'm still depression free.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Mandel was so compassionate and caring; honest and realistic about setting my expectations. The best part is the treatment worked for me and my depression has been in remission for 3 months. I cant thank Dr. Mandel and his staff enough for literally saving my life.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Mandel, MD?
Are you Dr. Mandel?