Dr. Steven Mamus, MD

Hematology | Male

Dr. Steven Mamus, MD
Dr. Steven Mamus, MD is a hematology doctor who practices in Sarasota, FL. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Mamus is affiliated with Sarasota Memorial Hospital and Doctors Hospital of Sarasota.

Dr. Mamus' Experience

See how Dr. Mamus' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mamus

Dr. Mamus accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Mamus is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Mamus has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mamus' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mamus to family and friends
    4.5
    Dr. Mamus' Performance
    in Sarasota, FL 34232 |
    This man wants to see as many patients as possible a day for the simple reason to make money, he is always in a hurry and does not like to be asked questions and when you don't understand what he says he gets irritated, both me and my sister where his patients, he told us that that he thought we were in kinder garden because we did not understand what he said. A doctor with an attitude.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    Dr. Mamus is thorough in explaining what is happening, what treatments are available and whether they will work for you specifically. Dr. Mamus sits down when he enters the exam room and looks you in the eye - he takes his time with you and answers all questions, will discuss ideas with rationale behind them. He is interested in me when I'm there. He has research that backs up what he is offering and also what he does not recommend. I feel safe with his management of me and my husband.
    Parrish, FL |
    RUN. ACCUSATORY,DOUBLE SPEAK, ATTACK DOG ATTITUDE. this was a visit to the hospital. Both my husband and i could not believe his attitude..I would have walked out but I was attached to an IV.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    Dr. Mamus is always in a hurry & does not spend quality time with me, quickly answers questions & then is gone again.
    Nokomis, FL |
    Good communicator, listens to your concerns, issues and questions.
    in Ruskin, FL |
    My husband has stage 4 me static colon cancer. Dr Mamus has done a great job with his treatments, making him comfortable. He's very smart and caring.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    Very professional, thorough, knowledgeable considers all facets of care.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    I had stage IV NSLC adnocarcinoma - lung cancer. Dr. Mamus’ palpable confidence and intellectual independence gave me hope that no one else provided. A top-rated cancer institution told me I was terminal, and they "could keep me comfortable," and to my husband, he "might now want to begin looking into hospice." I am today cancer-free. The highest praise any patient can have for their oncologist is my unequivocal testament to the care I received from Dr. Steven Mamus. That man saved my life.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    very respectful of patient; knows his field very well, highly respected by his peers, office well organized
    in Sarasota, FL |
    I felt... besides his specialty... he was interested in the overall health of patient.
    in Bradenton, FL |
    Dr. Mamus is caring, understanding and very professional in his dealing with patients. I am very grateful to him for his guidance and treatment with my non Hodgkins Lymphoma. His nurses in the Chemo treatment room were also very professional, kind, reassuring and caring during my chemotherapy treatment sessions. I cannot thank them enough and especially Dr. Steven Mamus for helping me through this difficult phases of my life.
    in Palmetto, FL |
    Dr. Mamus is not only an expert in his field, but a very personable, caring professional. How many doctors offer you their cell phone number to call them in an emergency? He listens to your concerns and always puts you at ease with his knowledge and experience. He doesn't keep you waiting for long periods of time, spends an appropriate amount of time with you each visit and makes you feel you are in good hands. He is simply everything you want your doctor to be.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    visits too short. talks too fast. don't quite get what he is talking about.
    in Bradenton, FL |
    Doctor Mamus is a great doctor that spends time with the patient, understands the importance of educating his patients and 300% knows what he is doing unlike some other doctors. I highly recommend Dr. Mamus as a great specialist!
    in Englewood, FL |
    Excellent bed side manners. Dr Mamus is a very caring man who puts his patients' needs first.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    Dr. Mammus is caring and knowledgeable. I trust his expertise & judgement. He is warm and easy to talk to.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    Excellent working relationship with Dr. Mamus. He listens and asks for our ideas as to treatment options. Gives very good advice. I feel that the has extended my life while living with metatastic prostate cancer. I will be his patient as long as he is a practitioner in Sarasota.
    in Cape Coral, FL |
    Very thorough and concerned
    did a super job
    in Sarasota, FL |
    Dr. Mamas is a wonderful man. He is equally a wonderful doctor. I was so lucky to be under his care. I am greatful to have been his patient.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    Always excellent. Answers all my questions, thoroughly. Available when I need him, even at last minute or inconvenient to his schedule. Great guy, helpful, intelligent and pleasant attitude. Trust his wisdom and medical knowledge completely
    in Ellenton, FL |
    I like a doctor that tells it like it is and Dr Mamus did that for me. I don't want to take blood thinners but after Dr Mamus explain my condition and why I have to taken them, I accepted it. I went to three other doctors and they didn't take the time to explain how serious my condition is and my only options are blood thinners or death. Thank you, Dr Mamus for being the caring doctor you are to really want to help people and not just in it for the money.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    Dr. Mamus was considerate of my well being, accurate with the proscribed treatment, successful in curing me of 3rd stage cancer and opinionated! I have recommended him many times.
    in Osprey, FL |
    Have recommended Dr Mamus to several friends. When surgeon asked who my oncologist is, my reply was Dr Mamus. His reply was the man is brilliant. My husband has been going to him for 7 years, and myself 5.
    in Longboat Key FL |
    I would definitely recommend Dr. Mamus. He had treated first my husband Don and now me with great care and compassion. The staff in the infusion room has the same wonderful attributes.
    in Venice, FL |
    I have full trust in Dr Mamus. He is not only good at what he does but listens to you. I brought up two questions about what could be affecting my condition, and he called two other doctor offices and set appointments for me.
    Sarasota, FL |
    Dr. Mamus always has time to talk to me as a patient. I always felt that I was important as a person as well as as patient. I also appreciated that he kept to schedule and I was never kept waiting a long time in the lobby or exam room.
    in Venice, FL |
    I can't imagine a more interested, caring, (and funny), doctor. He is about the best I have ever had of any specialty. And, at 85 and having lived all over the US, I have encountered a lot of doctors, and have rejected several.
    in Port Charlotte, FL |
    I was sent to see Doctor Mamus 9 years ago by another specialist. The specialist who sent me was not able to get my blood in range after a month of intense therapy. He told me he was sending me to the best doctor he knows. I was scared at that point not knowing what to expect. When I first met Dr Mamus I was immediately impressed and put at ease. After 9 years of being under his care I honestly say, he is the best! Sincerely, C Edward Russell
    in Sarasota Florida |
    He is extremely knowledgable and takes the time to explain what he is doing and why in terms that are easily understood. He is very thorough in his examinations and follows through after.
    in Bradenton, FL |
    It's about a level of trust that I have in his understanding of my condition. He has always "cut to the chase"; no mincing of words.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    I have been a patient of Dr. Mamus since 2010. He has been responsible for greatly reducing my PSA over the last number of years. He has prescribed the best combination of drugs and/or chemistry. Dr. Mamus is a rare individual with a unique personality which gives him the low-key ability to connect with his patients.
    in Osprey, FL |
    He is a very caring doctor who is never too busy to answer the patient's concerns.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    Dr. Mamus is incredibly knowledgeable and treats us as if we were his only patient. He always makes the time to discuss any questions and provides thorough and honest feedback.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    As busy as Dr Mamus is, when i am with him, he is always focused n just me. His diagnosis is always so accurate and he is able to see the implications on my condition that might occur in the future. He is one of a kind.
    in Bradenton, FL |
    Knowledgeable, competent, personable,& trustworthy.
    Tampa, FL |
    None
    in Sarasota, FL |
    I have stage 4 breast cancer and began seeing Dr. Mamus when my previous Dr said she could do no more for me. That was over 2 years ago. He thinks outside the box and tailor makes the treatment for the individual. He is simply brilliant regarding cancer and how it works. I have recommended many people and they are just as happy to find him! His staff is the BEST also....very attentive and informative.
    in Goshen, IN |
    Dr. Mamus was very caring and patient with my husband when we lived in Sarasota. He always weighed what were the best treatments for my husband and did a wonderful job of maintaining his quality of life. We have since moved and are using a different cancer center that is supposedly "looking at the individual" but we have only seen how they refer to statistics instead of really looking at an individual's previous treatment history and it has been a very dissatisfying and disabling experience.
    in Englewood, FL |
    Very knowledgeable, explains things well, spends time with you if necessary, very easy to talk to - like him a lot.
    Winter Garden, FL |
    Dr. Mamus saved my life...literally.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    He is very personable...He has a vast knowledge of all medical fields and stays well informed of all cutting edge breakthroughs...Best of all; he tells it like it is and doesn't sugarcoat anything.
    in Wimauma, Florida |
    I think Dr. Mamus is a very well-educated doctor with a deeply caring nature. He is very comfortable to talk with and is an excellent listener. I am very thankful to have found him and would unequivocally recommend him to my family and friends.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    He is outstanding as an oncologist / hematologist but also, he is very caring. He is willing to step in and help a patient who is having mobility problems.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    He was thorough and very patient in explaining my case.
    in Englewood, Fl. |
    In my 12 years of fighting lung cancer I have met and been treated by several cancer doctors. Dr. Mamus is the absolute pinnacle of cancer doctors. I have absolute and complete faith in his decisions and techniques. He is never too busy to answer questions and his answers are clear and understandable.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    Dr. Mamus is a very caring doctor. He was my father's oncologist for many years, keeping my Dad in good health. Now he is my oncologist (same prostate cancer as my Dad). He is keeping me going, as well.
    in Sarasota, Florida |
    Very thorough and caring in treatment in hemotalogy and oncology.
    very good vibs
    in Sarasota, FL |
    Dr. Manus is a 5- star Doctor. His attention, manner and office staff are all rated 5-star. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone.
    Have you seen Dr. Steven Mamus, MD?
    Are you Dr. Mamus?

Dr. Mamus' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Hematology
    •  Board certified in Hematology, Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology

Dr. Mamus has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mamus' Board Certifications

• All Lymphoma
    • Anal Disorders
    • Anal and Rectal Cancer
    • Anemia
    • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
    • Basal Cell Carcinoma
    • Brain Cancer
    • Breast Cancer
    • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
    • Cervical Cancer
    • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
    • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
    • Colorectal Cancer
    • Cryoglobulinemia
    • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
    • ENT Cancer
    • Esophageal Cancer
    • Esophageal Diseases
    • Gallbladder and Biliary Tract Cancer
    • Gynecologic Cancer
    • Head and Neck Cancer
    • Hodgkin's Disease
    • Hypercoagulable State
    • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
    • Kidney Cancer
    • Lung Cancer
    • Lung Neoplasms, Not Specified as Malignant
    • Lymphocytosis
    • Lymphoma, Large-Cell
    • Macroglobulinemia (incl. Waldenstrom's )
    • Mantle Cell Lymphoma
    • Pleural Cancer
    • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
    • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
    • Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
    • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
    • Prostate Cancer
    • Purpura
    • Qualitative Platelet Defects (incl. Glanzmann's Thrombasthenia)
    • Secondary Malignancies
    • Uterine Diseases
    • Vaginal Cancer
    • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis
    • von Willebrand Disease

Suny Upstate Medical University (Syracuse)

Graduated in 1980

Rush Presby St Lukes Hospital

Completed in 1981

Rush Presby St Lukes Hospital

Completed in 1983

University Minn Hospital

Completed in 1986

Dr. Mamus does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mamus and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hematology