Dr. Steven Maislos, MD

UrologyMaleAge 48

Telehealth services available

Urology Institute of West Houston

12606 W Houston Blvd Houston, TX 77082

Dr. Steven Maislos, MD is a Urology Specialist in Houston, TX. Dr. Maislos has more experience with Urinary Conditions, Urinary Calculi & Removal, and Male Reproductive Disorders & Procedures than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as CHI St. Luke's Health–Sugar Land Hospital and HCA Houston Healthcare West. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Maislos to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Urology Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Maislos

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Maislos treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Maislos treats other conditions, please contact the office at (713) 771-5300.

Urinary Conditions

Compare with other Urinary Conditions specialists.

Dr. Maislos is experienced in the area of Urinary Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 11 conditions and procedures

Polyuria
Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
Urinary Incontinence

Urinary Calculi & Removal

Urologists or nephrologists diagnose and treat kidney stones, small pieces of hard, crystallized material that form in the kidney and typically pass naturally, but may require shock wave therapy, a catheter procedure, or surgery.Compare with other Urinary Calculi & Removal specialists.

Dr. Maislos is experienced in the area of Urinary Calculi & Removal. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 10 conditions and procedures

Urinary Stones
Kidney Stones
Lithotripsy
Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)

Male Reproductive Disorders & Procedures

Male genitalia disorders include erectile dysfunction, priapism, peyronie's disease, and balanitis and can cause pain, loss of sexual function, or infertility.Compare with other Male Reproductive Disorders & Procedures specialists.

Dr. Maislos is experienced in the area of Male Reproductive Disorders & Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 24 conditions and procedures

Orchitis
Balanoposthitis
Prostatitis
Balanitis

Urologic Surgery

Urologic surgery treats conditions affecting the male and female urinary tract and the male reproductive system through procedures including cystectomy (bladder removal), prostatectomy (prostate removal), and pelvic reconstruction.Compare with other Urologic Surgery specialists.

Dr. Maislos is experienced in the area of Urologic Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 12 conditions and procedures

• Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Bladder Surgery
  • Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Bowenoid Papulosis
  • Circumcision
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
  • Cystometry
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Epididymitis
  • Lithotripsy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Male Infertility
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Orchiectomy
  • Orchitis
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Paraphimosis
  • Prostate Removal
  • Prostatectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Prostatitis
  • Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sperm Abnormalities
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Varicocele
  • Varicocelectomy or Hydrocelectomy
  • Vesicoureteral Reflux
  • Yeast Infections

Dr. Maislos accepts

Dr. Maislos accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter

Dr. Maislos' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Maislos

3.2

Dr. Maislos?
  • Appointment scheduling (22)
  • Office environment (22)
  • Staff friendliness (22)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (13)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (10)
  • Office environment (10)
He is rude and angry. He did not even want to listen. He discriminated us in the first visit.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Rozie – Dec 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Maislos, MD?
NOT GOOD !!! My dad is 88 years old and they had him wait for 3 hours and 20 mins. His appt. was at 11:15, we got there at 10:22 because we needed to fill out paperwork. I did state that we were early but that is to do the paperwork for first-time patients. The front desk clerk was horrible, she stated our appt was at 11:45. Upon coming home, I looked at my calender and it states 11:15 A.M. Yet we didn't go back to the room until 1:20 P.M. Then the nurse's attitude was nasty!!!!!! I had to peak out and ask when will the doctor come in... she replied" take it up with the doctor as he's in with a patient currently!' Isn't she the point of contact to address where the doctor should visit next? How can you let an 88-year-old patient wait that long?????? It's their attitude and lack of professionalism that worries me.... Are the patients really taken care of properly???? Most offices love the fact that patients are early and usually check them in according to check-in time.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
Donald Le – Oct 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Maislos, MD?
My average appointment is as follows. Get there between 1-2. I arrive early nearly every time. I get into a waiting room around 3. Then I spend the next 2 hours worrying he’s not coming in before they close. I usually see him around 4:50-4:55. I complained of feeling super tired and weak to the point I couldn’t get out of bed. He told me to contact a psychiatrist. Well come to find out I had a really serious infection. He Doesn’t listen to patients, he comes in the room not even having spoke to the patient and seems to already have it in his mind what’s going on. If I wasn’t in the middle of treatment I would 100 percent find a different urologist. His staff is the only reason I give him even one star. They are nice and polite. It isn’t their fault he’s sub par. After I’m done with this treatment I will not be using him again!! Due to his like of concern for his patients, incredibly slow office visits, I do not recommend him to anyone.
May 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Maislos, MD?
I cannot express enough how indifferent I felt leaving this office. Both visits were the same. I received very little feedback. The explanation to why procedures were being done and next steps were not given. After the procedure he just walked out, no explanation as why he was doing the process. I left feeling completely in more pain than before. I was handed the reports and that was it. The reports were not explained in terms that I could understand. I was uncertain as to what do I do next. "You'll get a prescription to prevent xyz," was the most he stated. I sat in the waiting area for 2 hours and laid on the table for another hour. Terrible experience both times. I don't want to return.
Mar 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Maislos, MD?
My grandfather has been a patient of Dr. Maislos for a few years now. He is a good surgeon, however, he is condescending, rude and has poor bedside manner. I took my grandpa to his quarterly appointment today and waited over 2 hours with no other patients in the waiting room. Very poor customer service from staff members.
Maria – Sep 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Maislos, MD?
Great bedside manner! Highly recommend him. Awesome urologist.
Aug 08, 2019
Excellente medico
Jul 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Maislos, MD?
He didn't care at all. Horrible place. I have an abnormal condition but he said it's normal. My primary doctor said it's abnormal. Dr. Steven Marisol said it's normal and that I have to live with it. Why be a doctor when only care about certain people. I feel like I was racially profiled. I would give a zero star if it was an option.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Houston , TX – May 25, 2019
Thank you for sharing this feedback. We take...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Maislos, MD?
Came in and had an appointment at 11:45, didn’t even get to see the doctor because the wait was 3 hours long and we decided to leave. What’s the point of having an appointment if you have to wait 3 hours? The front nurse said that the person ahead of me left so the wait would not be long, one hour later and still no service? I don’t get it.
Houston, TX – Feb 20, 2019
Thank you for reaching out and please know we...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Maislos, MD?
Great doc, did procedure same day of appointment. Expect to spend time, he gives you your attention so wait is worth your time.
Feb 16, 2019
Thank you for the feedback and the positive...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Maislos, MD?
Wait time in office is long but worth the wait, he knows his business
Feb 15, 2019
Thank you for your feedback and positive comments...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Maislos, MD?
While you might experience wait time, you are going to get best treatment. Did a procedure in office on same day appointment. Staff is great.
  • Long wait times
Ron Foppe in Houston, TX – Aug 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Maislos, MD?
He is a top doc on Houstonia for a reason. He is thoughtful, caring, and to put it simply- an excellent doctor. The only urologist I'll ever let treat me and my family. I can't express enough how much grateful I am to have found him. Hard to find such a conscientious and genuine surgeon who is also talented and has great results. He's a keeper.
Best Doc in Houston, TX – Aug 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Maislos, MD?
Dr.Steven Maislos knows his business as a urologist. Professional,courteous,polite and honest. This nation could certainly use 100 more of his skill and experience.
jewel coleman in Houston – Oct 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Maislos, MD?
Excellent and very caring doctor. He cares about his patients and it shows. Lucky to know him. He helped me when other docs gave up and he succeeded in treating my problems- beyond my expectationss.
Houston, TX – Oct 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Maislos, MD?
Hyper-aggressive doctor. Dr. Maislos will prescribe medications, recommend procedures and treat your medical condition in a way that other urologists would not. I recommend consulting with or using another doctor.
Houston, TX – Oct 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Maislos, MD?
The only way to describe my experience with Dr Steven Mailos, MD Urology is to call him the worst sort of TURN and BURN FAST FOOD style medicine. I can not recommend anyone use him ever and if you want a doctor who cares about your discomfort, who actually wants to find out what is wrong with you instead of just giving you pills and sending you on your way, a staff that cares and a well organized well run office then I have to suggest you go anywhere else.
Houston, TX – Aug 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Maislos, MD?
Terribly run office and subpar experience with the doctor. I have now gone to him 9-11 times in the last three months for various appointments, test and procedures. I have not had one appointment where I waited less than 30 minutes after my scheduled appointment time and most times were around 45 minutes with a couple getting upwards of 90 minutes past the scheduled appointment times. When I asked his head nurse once about this over scheduling I was advised that was how the doctor wanted it run.
Houston, TX – Aug 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Maislos, MD?
I went with my grandmother to the office of Dr. Maislos because she was suffering from intense pain (presumably, though not yet certainly, as a result of a UTI). I accompanied her because she was in pain and doesn't speak English. While it was surprising that he spoke fairly competent Spanish, we were surprised by Dr. Maislos's condescending demeanor and verbal indifference to her detailed explanations of pain. We also didn't enter the ~3-4 minute consultation until 90 minutes after scheduled.
Fernando in Sugar Land, TX – May 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Maislos, MD?
Very good doctor . but service of the receptionist are very bad to the customer are always in bad mood and called several times to make an appointment only take me the number do not call me back.
Eugenio Carrillo in Houston, TX – Mar 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Maislos, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Maislos?

This physician is accepting telehealth visits. Dr. Maislos is committed to ensuring his patients receive the best urologic care. He treats men, women,...Read more

• Urology