Orthopedic Trauma Surgery  |
Dr. Steven Louis, MD
Dr. Louis is one of a few surgeons in the Chicago area who performs total hip replacement using the Direct Anterior Approach. He is a clinical instructor for the Direct Anterior Approach Total Hip Arthroplasty, an instructor for the Association for the Study of Internal Fixation (ASIF), and a clinical instructor at Loyola Medical Center, training surgeons, residents and other healthcare professionals. Dr. Louis is the Director of Orthopaedic Trauma at Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove, Illinois, a Level I Trauma Center. He also serves as Chairman of the Department of Surgery and Chairman of the Operating Room Committee. Dr. Louis dedicates considerable time to lecturing and to hands-on training of other physicians, medical students, nurses, and allied health professionals.

Hinsdale

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
  • Golden Rule
  • HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Louis

An integral part of the Hinsdale Orthopaedics team since 1997, Dr. Louis' exceptional surgical skills are complemented by a personable style and dedication to the highest quality patient outcomes and satisfaction.

Dr. Louis' Experience

Dr. Louis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Trauma Surgery

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Surgery, Trauma
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Colorado College, Colorado Springs
  • Hospital For Special Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Columbia University / College Of Physicians and Surgeons
    Other Education | Completed 1987

Dr. Louis has no media or publications listed.

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

Dr. Louis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Louis to family and friends
Dr. Louis' Performance
in Burr Ridge, IL |
Simply the very best.
in Aurora, IL |
Dr Louis' stunning expertise in bi lateral hip surgery has given me back my life! I am constantly amazed by how quickly and easily I have healed. In just two weeks I am able to move better than I have moved in two years. To me Dr Louis' work is a genuine miracle!
Aurora, IL |
Very likely to recommend him
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Louis is an extremely caring, cautious, and skilled surgeon. He is personable and very handsome. I would unequivocally recommend him to anyone who wants superior results with minimal pain. On a scale of 0-5, I would rate him a 10!
Hampshire, IL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Louis to anyone who is considering a hip replacement. I have just had my second replacement done. Last year I did my right hip and this year I did the left one. The recovery has been as expected. He stays in constant contact post-surgery. He also has a wonderful sense of humor. His entire staff is caring. The office staff is friendly.
in Burlington, WI |
Dr. Louis is truly a world-class surgeon. He did both of my mom's hips. A month away from 76, she was able to walk within 4 hours of surgery and was discharged out of the hospital at 25 hours from surgery! Pretty amazing. Dr. Louis is a very passionate surgeon, highly, highly skilled, and extremely ethical. You will find no better. Plus, he's compassionate! If you want the best, then Louis is your doctor. No questions about it! We adore him!
in Darien, IL |
I can't tell you how pleased I am with the results of my hip replacement completed by Dr. Louis. He and his team are tops. He was well worth the waiting in getting my surgery scheduled. Several other patients I know had the same experience.
in Homewood, IL |
I suffered with pain in my hip for many years and the past couple have been severe. I put a replacement off for too long. I saw a couple of surgeons but was not happy with them. I wanted a surgeon that performed the anterior procedure, had a good and caring personality and was affiliated with a top rated hospital that is easy to get to. I was so excited when I went to see Dr. Louis and am so happy that he performed my surgery. I felt so much better even the same day of my surgery! He's great!
in Lombard, Il. |
I feel that I am progressing much faster than I anticipated. I can pretty much do everything I could do prior to surgery, because of Dr. Louis' no restriction program, and his Anterior method. The pain I felt at times before surgery was worse than anything after surgery. Every healthcare professional I spoke to said that Dr. Louis' patients all progressed faster than most other doctor's, and all said that, if they, or a family member needed this surgery, they definitely would go to him.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Louis performed an arthroplasty on my left hip on March 13th. Dr. Louis and staff were friendly and helpful from the very beginning despite my many issues with my insurance and surgery clearance. Dr. Louis has a great sense of humor which helped put me at ease through the whole process. I am on the mend and am satisfied with the excellent level of service and care I received from Dr. Louis and his team.
in Toronto, ON Canada |
I have had the very best experience with Dr. Louis and his team. He is very easy to talk to and takes the time to explain the procedure in as much detail as needed. His experience as trauma surgeon, his passion for the anterior approach to hip replacement and his long experience with this procedure made him the perfect fit for my situation given I have some hip dysplasia. His office is easy to work with and his staff are dedicated friendly and very clever.
After my recent hip replacement, I would absolutely choose Dr. Louis if my other hip needed replacement. I would recommend him most highly to family and friends.
in Roselle, Il |
I would recommend Dr. Louis to anyone who needs a hip or knee replacement. He listens to you and genuinely cares about you and your concerns. He does his job and doesn't sound like a salesperson trying to sell you on something you may not even need. There is not enough words to describe how happy I had chosen him for my hip replacement . Absolutely love him and his team!
in Darien, IL |
Dr. Louis and his staff were great. Explained everything with I needed to know, He is kind and has a good sense of humor while being great at his job. I would highly recommend him!
La Grange, IL |
Dr Louis took the time to listen, then fully explained my hip deterioration in a new light, after many years of appointments with various doctors, chiropractors. I was looking for understanding what was causing my increasing hip pain, options, and a doctor I could trust. Dr Louis' decades of experience, anterior approach to hip replacement, exteremely low infection rate, solid care and recovery, and caring personality were key to my choosing him for my hip replacement surgery.
in Lisle, IL |
Dr. Louis is professional, courteous and answered all my questions from initial exam, pre-surgery and after surgery. His anterior bilateral hip arthroplasty is a miracle procedure. Less invasive, less painful and rehab time minimal. I am two weeks post surgery and already almost pain free performing most every day functions in my home. Looking forward to the o.k. To drive soon. I especially like the daily posts from Dr. Louis asking questions and checking on my progress. Response time is immedia
Midlothian, IL |
Dr. Louis and his team were very professional and to the point. They gave me all options available to me. Once I decided what I wanted to do they were a great support. I would highly recommend Dr. Louis with no hesitation. He is personable and has a great bedside manner, not to mention being excellent at what he does.
in Wonder Lake, IL |
Dr. Louis is a top notch orthopedic surgeon demonstrating both caring for the patient as an individual and superior orthopedic skill and knowledge.
in Bloomingdale, IL |
Dr. Louis is an excellent surgeon. He promised a quick recovery from total hip replacement, and that's what my experience was! He has great bedside manner and answers questions in a manner that is easy for the patient to understand.
Chicago, IL |
If you need hip replacement consider anterior approach with Dr Steven Louis. It's been 2 1/2 weeks and I'm up and walking with a cane with very little pain. I'm still swollen at the incision area but I see it healing everyday. He's a wonderful doctor!!!
in Naperville, IL |
Dr. Louis has replaced both of my hips using a minimally invasive anterior approach. After recovering beautifully from the second hip surgery. I fell on black ice and fractured my Patella and damaged my Patellar Tendon. Thank goodness I had Dr. Louis and his wonderful staff to help me get through this troubling accident. He performed the necessary repairs and continues to monitor my recovery. I know under his care I will get back to hiking, biking, gardening and all of the things I love to do.
in Naperville, IL |
Amazing!!! Two breaks in each leg, five breaks in my right arm complicated by osteoporosis and now all work normally. Great bedside manner. Has all the time you need to answer your questions.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Louis, MD?
Are you Dr. Louis?