Dr. Steven Levin, MD

9650 Gross Point Rd Ste 2900

Skokie, IL 60076

• HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Levin

My treatment philosophy is simply to take care of the patient entirely. Specifically my aim is to fix whatever is wrong in an attempt to get the patient/athlete back to their normal life, whether it be their daily activities, job or sport, as soon as possible.

Dr. Levin's Experience

Dr. Levin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Reconstruction
  • Shoulder Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Northwestern University
  • State University of New York At Buffalo
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Hughston Sports Med Found
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Levin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Levin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Levin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Levin's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Levin to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Levin Says:

A negative patient survey was posted on Apr 09, 2016 by an anonymous patient with an alleged ankle fracture. I do not evaluate ankle fracture patients as our highly specialized group has dedicated Foot & Ankle specialists as well as Orthopedic Traumatologists who these patients are assigned to. No such patient was ever seen or evaluated by Steven D. Levin, MD. It appears, therefore, that this...

Dr. Levin's Performance
in Skokie, IL |
I highly recommend Dr. Steven Levin. Dr. Levin diagnosed and performed a total replacement of my right shoulder. His outstanding surgical skills are evident in the results achieved. The surgery was faster and resulting pain much less than I expected. Most importantly, I healed quickly and am extremely satisfied with my pain-free range of motion. Dr. Levin’s patience and professionalism provided me with confidence that the procedure would be extremely successful. And it was.
in Wheaton, iL |
I came to Dr. Steven Levin when my shoulder was bothering me. I play competitive handball and raquetball. He treated me very professionally and with great care. He helped me avoid surgery. I recommend him as your orthopedic doctor.
in Poughkeepsie, NY |
“I'm a 67 years old professional Rock climber and Mountaineer. I live in NY and searched around the country to find a doctor that performed multiple shoulder replacements and understood sports medicine. I chose Dr. Steve Levin in January of 2017. He was very good at explaining to me the situation and my options and explained to me what to expect concerning the operation. The overall experience was beyond what I would have expected. Once again I would like to personally thank Dr. Steve Levin.
in Chicago, IL |
Recently, Dr. Levin treated my tennis elbow with great success. Dr. Levin used a technique called "PRP", using my own blood platelets, which repaired the tendon in a months time. Thank you! Not only is Dr. Levin truly talented, he is also very personable, articulate and made me feel at ease during the process. His staff, Lindsay and Lisandra were super helpful-friendly organizing my appointment for the first time at the Northshore Location. It was worth the trip driving from Chicago!
in Elmhurst, IL |
Dr Levin is a kind , compassionate and talented surgeon. He diagnosed my torn rotator cuff and explained all options . He surgically repaired my rotator cuff expertly and with complication . My post op course has been without problems and I am well ahead of healing and range of motion . I would highly recommend him to all of my family and friends
in Schaumburg, IL |
Dr Levin has repaired both shoulders and 1 knee for me. I had full thickness tears to both rotators. One was repaired 8 years ago, and still feels great. I have full range of motion and strength with no pain. The other shoulder was just repaired last week, and I am certain it will heal the same. He also scoped my knee for a meniscus tear 3 years ago. Again, that knee feels great. Dr Levin is great at what he does, and I would recommend him with confidence.
in Long Grove, IL |
Dr. Levin has provided orthopedic care for both my shoulder and knee. He is a caring and dedicated physician who is incredible skilled. He made an accurate diagnosis for both my shoulder and my knee and provided options with detailed explanations. My shoulder was treated successfully with non surgical care and my knee with a surgical procedure which went as planned without complication. My recovery was uneventful and the result was excellent. i would highly recommend Dr. Levin.
in Evanston, IL |
Dr. Levin has done both of my shoulders. He explained the procedures and in both cases the repairs and care were as promised...excellent.
in Evanston, IL |
Dr. Levin operated on a torn meniscus in my knee and later a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder, both of which have healed really well. Now I have a badly torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder, and of course I've returned to him to deal with it. He really is the best!
My experience with him was a horrible nightmare. I was referred to him after a fracture was diagnosed in my ankle in the radiology dept. He said he didn't see any problem and gave me an ankle supporter, insisting I was fine. He saw me twice before admitting he knew nothing about ankles. Meanwhile I walked on a severe fracture nearly passing out from the pain. I then saw an ankle specialist who gave me a diagnosis and treatment.
in Northbrook, IL |
I have operated physically at a very high level for a long time and plan on continuing to do so. Dr. Levin works with athletes and is an athlete himself. He understands how my brain works, that the goal is not to walk around without pain the goal is to get back to the kinds of demanding activities that are central to my happiness. I have had two surgeries under Dr. Levin's care. I was always given clear explanations of the procedure and what I could expect in the way of recovery. He is a pro.
in Arlington Heights, IL |
Dr. Levin is one of the finest physicians I have had the please to meet. Not only has he cared for, but for my son as well. He takes the time to explain options, risks, benefits to allow you to make an informed decision. Dr. Levin repaired both of my sons shoulders and years later he enjoys full normal use. I would recommend Dr. Levin to my family and friends with no hesitation. I consider myself fortunate to have access to a world class physician like Dr. Levin.
in Seattle, WA |
Blew out knee in college soccer with ACL tear, osteochondral fracture and meniscus tear. ACL reconstructed, chondral fracture pinned, meniscectomy from another surgeon. Had persistent pain from pins in cartilage. Heard about USA Rugby doc Levin went for 2nd opinion. He facilitated pin removal and post-op rehab. Knee improved drastically. Doing sports I love now like mountain biking, pain free. No nonsense guy, compassionate, easy to relate to, skilled, and superb surgeon. Highly recommend him!
in Chicago, IL |
I saw Dr. Levin for a 2nd opinion on my shoulder. I was told by another surgeon that I needed surgery, but I was skeptical so I saw Dr. Levin. He was unbelievable! He spent a ton of time with me, related to my passion for outdoor activities, Pilates and yoga. He went over my MRI with me, explained my diagnosis and treated me with therapy. 3 months later I am doing all my activities pain free. Dr. Levin has impeccable character and fantastic bedside manner. Highly recommend him!
in Evanston, IL |
I had a painful shoulder that, among other issues, prevented me from sleeping. Levin showed me that I had NO cartilage between the bones in my shoulder. At my age (76 at the time), I was concerned about surgery, but he said that, since I'm in good shape, there should be no problems. [FYI, he's direct and treats you like you're able to understand his diagnosis without sugar-coating it.] He replaced the shoulder 6 months ago. I now have full range of motion and can use it without concern.
in Chicago, IL |
Would so recommend Dr. Steve to any friends w knee trouble --- or shoulder --and that seems to come with being grandparents ! Dr. Steve made sure I was well taken care of --both my knees done arthroscopically in 6 months -- just one month out from the second and finished with OT- --back in the pool and playing with 15 grandkids !! Extra careful as a stress fracture was behind first knee; thorough, trying shots & therapy , encouraging me back to water classes, able to be out next day after both
I consulted with three surgeons before getting my procedure. Of the three doctors, I would put Dr Levin dead last. He was rude, arrogant and lacked empathy. STAY AWAY! I am very pleased that I went with Dr Bowen (Levin's partner).
in Hawthorn Woods, IL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Levin to anyone seeking orthopedic treatment. He takes the time to thoroughly examine you, discuss all possible options, ensure that you feel completely confident in the course of treatment you choose to pursue and then executes his plan flawlessly. I have treated with him conservatively as well as surgically for the past several years. He is an expert in his field and I would not be functioning at the high level of performance that I am today absent his care.
in Evanston, IL |
The best experience ever! Totally thorough about the procedure and even sent me for a second opinion by one of his colleagues due to the nature of my shoulder condition. He is very thorough, has a wonderful video presentation that he urges the patient to become familiar with, ortho team is awesome, and he is open, honest and upfront about every aspect of procedure and physical therapy! Dr. Levin is a doctor who talks with you, not at you. He shares and does not leave a stone unturned!
in Glenview, IL |
He is professional, he is accurate and informed us of the downfalls of our situation. He also advised us on the success we could gain from the surgery. Dr. Levin commands respect from his nurses, doctors and support staff.The doctor is well thought of and respected. We have already referred friends to him and any friend we will encourage to seek the best; Dr.Steven Levin.
in Lake Zurich, IL |
I had been experiencing shoulder pain for years and tried many different treatments with limited success. Dr Levin diagnosed my shoulder as needing a replacement and set the surgery up in a timely manner. I have experienced no problems attributed to the surgery or with the recovery process. Excellent Doctor and staff. Very pleased with the outcome of my surgery as my shoulder hasn't felt this good in years.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Levin, MD?
Are you Dr. Levin?