Dr. Steven Levin, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 61

Dr. Levin

NorthShore Medical Group

9650 Gross Point Rd Ste 2900 Skokie, IL 60076

Dr. Steven Levin, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Skokie, IL and has been practicing for 25 years. He graduated from Finch University Of Health Sciences Chicago Medical School in 1985 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, and more.

Dr. Levin accepts

Dr. Levin accepts the following insurance:

Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO
HealthLink
HealthLink PPO
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Levin's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Still's Disease
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Fracture

My philosophy is to provide patients with the highest level of standard of care treatment. Specifically my goal is to get the patient/athlete back to their chosen activity/sport in a timely, healthy and efficient manner.

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics

4.4

Dr. Levin?
Dr. Levin's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Steven Levin, MD
Words cannot describe how much this man has helped me with my knee issue. After battling a torn ACL for while i saw Dr. Levin and he was amazing to say the least. The man was respectful, courteous, and performed the surgery with excellence. Three weeks post op and my knee is already better than it was before. I highly recommend, due to the fact that's he's a humanitarian and an expert in his field.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Levin, MD?
Dr. Steven Levin doesn't need any marketing or anything to propagandize & promote his career. He is an established orthopedic surgeon. People already know about his professionalism and his knowledge. Needless to say that he is master of his skill. What people may not know that he is PROFOUNDLY COMPASSIONATE. For him his patient & successful surgery is very important but even more than that the PERSON is most important. He connects with the person's core & the person becomes full of gratitude & indebtedness to Dr. Levin for life. I am the mother of one such person. My son a basketball player had ACL tear and other issues with his knee and was getting a run around from everyone due to his immigration issues. Dr. Levin took the entire case in his able hands and got surgery scheduled right away whereas it could have taken 6-8 months. Successful surgery was performed and my son is back in school and will be playing by Fall. God bless him & his family. Thank you so much!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Levin, MD?
2 weeks ago I came in to see Dr. Steven Levin with severe pain in my right shoulder. After completing an xray Dr. Levin diagnosed the problem as Calcific Tendinitis in my right shoulder. After a cortisone shot and 2 weeks of physical therapy, my shoulder is back to normal. I highly recommend Dr. Levin for any patient with shoulder problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Levin, MD?
I cannot recommend Dr. Steven Levin too highly! As a professional pianist my hands, arms and shoulders are my livelihood. Dr. Levin operated on my left shoulder to remove an extensive calcium deposit, shave a bone spur and repair my rotator cuff. Thanks to his great expertise the surgery was a success. After 11 weeks of rehab I was playing the piano without pain and discomfort for the first time in years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Levin, MD?
Doctor Levin was very detailed in addressing problem I have and ways to treat it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Levin, MD?
Dr. Steven D. Levin recently operated on my knee. I had a torn ACL, LCL & medial meniscus. I wanted the best Sports surgeon in Chicago & know he's the USA Rugby Team's Orthopaedic Surgeon. A friend who plays for the team strongly recommended him because he's compassionate, knowledgeable, and thorough. He did a major reconstruction & in record time I was back playing sports. He is a gifted surgeon who is a master at his craft. He guided me with incomparable professionalism from start to finish.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Levin, MD?
Dr. Levin is an amazing surgeon. His bedside manner is top notch. From my first encounter to my post surgery he was there for me every step of the way. He diagnosed my rotatory cuff tear and recommended surgery and also recommended that I have a block and not go completely under. I highly respect a doctor that gives you constructive advice that will be in the best interest of the patient. I have referred him to many family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Levin, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Steven Levin for the past three years. I recently underwent shoulder surgery to fix a torn Labrum. I am a rugby player. My recovery time and return to play was significantly aided by Dr. Levin's exceptional professionalism and attention to detail. His mannerisms and explanation of the procedure truly put me at ease through the whole process. he is an exceptional Orthopedic surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Levin, MD?
Dr. Levin is an incredible healthcare professional. My father had a total left shoulder replacement performed in May 2017. We couldn't have asked for a better experience, doctor was very patient and always available for any questions. Earlier this morning dr Levin has performed a second surgery on my father's right shoulder. Our experience with Dr. Levin and his practice is outstanding. He is very dedicated, provides holistic care and brings healthcare to a state of art level! Thank you!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Levin, MD?
I'm a 55 year old male that needed a total shoulder replacement. Dr. Levin and his staff walked me through my options both surgically and/or therapeutic. His expertise in the field left me feeling that surgery was my best option for leading a healthy active life moving forward. He performed a total shoulder replacement and I was out of a sling full time and thriving in physical therapy in just 12 days! Dr. Levin is a highly skilled surgeon who I just can't speak highly enough of. Paul Winston
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Levin, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Steven Levin. Dr. Levin diagnosed and performed a total replacement of my right shoulder. His outstanding surgical skills are evident in the results achieved. The surgery was faster and resulting pain much less than I expected. Most importantly, I healed quickly and am extremely satisfied with my pain-free range of motion. Dr. Levin’s patience and professionalism provided me with confidence that the procedure would be extremely successful. And it was.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Levin, MD?
I came to Dr. Steven Levin when my shoulder was bothering me. I play competitive handball and raquetball. He treated me very professionally and with great care. He helped me avoid surgery. I recommend him as your orthopedic doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Levin, MD?
“I'm a 67 years old professional Rock climber and Mountaineer. I live in NY and searched around the country to find a doctor that performed multiple shoulder replacements and understood sports medicine. I chose Dr. Steve Levin in January of 2017. He was very good at explaining to me the situation and my options and explained to me what to expect concerning the operation. The overall experience was beyond what I would have expected. Once again I would like to personally thank Dr. Steve Levin.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Levin, MD?
Recently, Dr. Levin treated my tennis elbow with great success. Dr. Levin used a technique called "PRP", using my own blood platelets, which repaired the tendon in a months time. Thank you! Not only is Dr. Levin truly talented, he is also very personable, articulate and made me feel at ease during the process. His staff, Lindsay and Lisandra were super helpful-friendly organizing my appointment for the first time at the Northshore Location. It was worth the trip driving from Chicago!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Levin, MD?
Dr Levin is a kind , compassionate and talented surgeon. He diagnosed my torn rotator cuff and explained all options . He surgically repaired my rotator cuff expertly and with complication . My post op course has been without problems and I am well ahead of healing and range of motion . I would highly recommend him to all of my family and friends
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Levin, MD?
Dr Levin has repaired both shoulders and 1 knee for me. I had full thickness tears to both rotators. One was repaired 8 years ago, and still feels great. I have full range of motion and strength with no pain. The other shoulder was just repaired last week, and I am certain it will heal the same. He also scoped my knee for a meniscus tear 3 years ago. Again, that knee feels great. Dr Levin is great at what he does, and I would recommend him with confidence.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Levin, MD?
Dr. Levin has provided orthopedic care for both my shoulder and knee. He is a caring and dedicated physician who is incredible skilled. He made an accurate diagnosis for both my shoulder and my knee and provided options with detailed explanations. My shoulder was treated successfully with non surgical care and my knee with a surgical procedure which went as planned without complication. My recovery was uneventful and the result was excellent. i would highly recommend Dr. Levin.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Levin, MD?
Dr. Levin has done both of my shoulders. He explained the procedures and in both cases the repairs and care were as promised...excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Levin, MD?
Dr. Levin operated on a torn meniscus in my knee and later a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder, both of which have healed really well. Now I have a badly torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder, and of course I've returned to him to deal with it. He really is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Levin, MD?
My experience with him was a horrible nightmare. I was referred to him after a fracture was diagnosed in my ankle in the radiology dept. He said he didn't see any problem and gave me an ankle supporter, insisting I was fine. He saw me twice before admitting he knew nothing about ankles. Meanwhile I walked on a severe fracture nearly passing out from the pain. I then saw an ankle specialist who gave me a diagnosis and treatment.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Levin?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Levin treats patients.

Evanston Hospital