Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD

Venous and Lymphatic Medicine •  Male • Age 69

Dr. Kaufman

Total Vein Care

1136 E Stuart St Ste 4102 Fort Collins, CO 80525

Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD is a venous and lymphatic medicine specialist in Fort Collins, CO and has been practicing for 37 years. He graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine in 1981 and specializes in venous and lymphatic medicine and general surgery.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Vascular Medicine in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Kaufman accepts

Dr. Kaufman accepts the following insurance:

Altius Health Plans
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Coventry Health Care
Medicaid
Principal Financial Group
WellPoint

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Vascular Surgery

Vascular surgery is a subspecialty of general surgery that focuses on treating conditions of the lymphatic system and blood vessels outside the heart and brain.

Typically treats 61% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography
high

Dr. Kaufman performs Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography more than 80% of their peers

Dr. Kaufman performs this procedure more than 80% of their peers

Dr. Kaufman treats Vascular Disease more than 81% of his peers

Dr. Kaufman treats this condition more than 81% of his peers

Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography
high

Dr. Kaufman performs Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography more than 80% of his peers

Dr. Kaufman performs this procedure more than 80% of his peers

4.3

Dr. Kaufman?
Dr. Kaufman's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD
First appt. went well. Unfortunately, after that, I cannot say anything positive about my experiences with this office. Why? I made a phone call within a few days after my appt. to ask a few medical questions. I described the concerns to the receptionist, asking for the doctor or MA to respond. I left several msgs. and also left one for the Office Mgr. Nothing. Per the doctor, I was told to wait for a DME rep he used to call me but, after waiting 2 full weeks and no call, I called her office and left a msg. 4 days later, she called, saying she never heard from the doctor’s office and knew nothing about me. I suggested she call the doctor and get back to me but she never called back. Overall, I am extremely disappointed in this practice and cannot say anything positive. It has now been well over a month and still nothing. Considering my medical condition is serious and incurable, this is deeply disturbing.
Jul 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
Would recommend him to anyone looking for relief from varicose veins. My results were wonderful. Dr. Kaufman and his staff are exceptional.
May 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
Outstanding Results. Dr. Kaufman performed two procedures for varicose veins, one included a phlebotomy. Both were done at Dr. Kaufman's office and the relief was immediate. The staff and Dr. Kaufman are a team with a singular focus on the patient and in delivering the best care possible.
Mar 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
I recently had sclerotherapy conducted in his office. My result are amazing. 80% of them are gone. My legs look great. The staff is amazing and Dr. Kaufman is a genius with what he does. If had anything else that needed to be done he would be the man I trust with my legs... but he already fixed everything. 100% satisfied. If you have any leg concerns please see this doctor.
Kristin H. in Loveland, CO – Mar 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
I still cannot believe the relief I feel everyday since my procedures! I have had a few on my thighs, knees, shins, calves, and even feet. Now I am able to wear shoes that used to be painful. I never realized they were causing so many of my issues. Pain, burning, itching, aching, weakness, extreme heaviness. I always refer anyone with similar problems to Dr. Kaufmans office. It has made such a difference in my life.
S.C. in Cheyenne, WY – Sep 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
I first met Dr. Kaufman in May 2015 when I was experiencing vein\clotting issues in my lower left leg. I contacted Dr. Kaufman after becoming frustrated with the treatment and approaches that other doctors were recommending. Dr. Kaufman, being a vein specialist and leader in his field, quickly assessed my leg issues and proposed several approaches to resolve my vein issues while treating the clotting problem as well. This team is awesome and has resolved all my vein issues for over 3 yrs.
Lou T. in Fort Collins, CO – Jul 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
I had procedures done on both legs and the difference I feel is day and night! My legs don't hurt anymore and the swelling is gone, I feel energetic and it is nice to do a simple every day task with no leg pain. A huge thanks to Dr. Kaufman and his staff, a wonderful group of people that i would highly recommend to anyone!!
Julie Muniz in CO – Jul 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
From the initial exam through a procedure and post-op, Dr. Kaufman was thorough and attentive. I felt prepared and am happy with the outcome. Dr. Kaufman is a little quirky, but I enjoyed his personality and kindness.
Daisy in Windsor, CO – Jul 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Kaufman for treatment of spider veins. After examining my leg he discussed various treatment options and suggested the one he felt was best for me. He gave me a realistic opinion on what I could expect as the outcome of my sclerotherapy. I am very pleased with the results and the information Dr. Kaufman provided. The office staff is great and very helpful.
Apr 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
I found Dr Kaufman and his staff very friendly and knowledgeable. I was unable to use one of the anti inflammatory suggestions so he went in his office to research something he had heard about. When he was convinced with his findings he explained it and prescribed it for me. He also wanted a follow up at no charge to hear the results personally. He showed a great deal of care and concern. It worked fantasti c and I was thrilled with his concern.
Karen Grabowski in Wellington, CO – Mar 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
When I found Dr Kaufman, I was at a point that I thought there was no cure. I had a previous surgeon tell me I had a rats next in my leg and there was nothing he could do. Dr Kaufman was very professional, gave me my options, had an answer and was able to get it done right away. Everyone on his staff was amazing from the front desk, Serina, the nurse Becky, and his ultrasound tech Shelby. If you are having any vein issues, GO HERE FIRST!! It will be your best option. Thank you to all of you! :)
Susan Hernandez in Loveland – May 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
After 30 years of bedside nursing I had awful, painful varicose veins in my left leg. I was referred to Dr. Kaufman for treatment. At first I was scared, but he explained everything and was very personable. He is a leader in his field. I had the procedures done two weeks ago today and I can't believe how much better my leg feels and looks. I pay attention to detail and I highly recommend Dr. Kaufman and his knowledgeable and friendly staff. Thank you Dr. Kaufman!
Debbie Conroy in Loveland, CO – Mar 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
I really wanted to like this doctor, but he made me feel uneasy with the way he presented his questions and acted like he wasn't all that interested. I have varicose veins on both legs and told me there was nothing wrong with the right. It's forming an ulcer once again, and of course it needs operated on. I felt he was only interested in doing what he wanted to do, and not what the patient wanted taken care of. He was off-color and his bedside manner was appalling. Great staff, otherwise.
Anna in Loveland, CO – Mar 31, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
Very professional, knowledgeable. Spent time explaining what my problem was. Office staff was nice, friendly and helpful.
Fort Collins, CO – Mar 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kaufman?

Total Vein Care is Northern Colorado's most comprehensive facility dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of vein disorders. We offer modern and traditional approaches using minimally invasive techniques that can be performed comfortably and safely...

• Venous and Lymphatic Medicine