Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD

General SurgeryMaleAge 71

General Surgery

Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Fort Collins, CO and has over 42 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine in 1981. He is affiliated with Poudre Valley Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD

Total Vein Care

1136 E Stuart St Ste 4102 Fort Collins, CO 80525

Compare Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD with other General Surgery Specialists near you

Dr. Kaufman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kaufman

4.3

I have known Dr. Kaufman for several years now and been in his office many times. I have always observed a professional atmosphere as well as courteous staff. Dr. Kaufman is a very qualified vein. Surgeon taking the time to stay in front of the state-of-the-art medical services. He offers practical advice and takes care of the patient from entry to the office to on their way home after surgery. He takes time with his patients and always has their comfort in mind. I can without reservation recommend him for all treatment for vein issues. Dr. Kaufman has a very congenial attitude and always makes certain patients are aware of treatments, know what to expect post-surgery and provides great follow up!
May 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
My experience with Dr. Kaufman and his staff during my vein procedures was incredible. Dr. Kaufman is highly skilled with state of the art techniques, and his staff was caring and competent. My procedure was 100% effective and my legs no longer ache, feel "heavy" and I can walk well again. I highly recommend Dr. Kaufman and his staff, and I couldn't be happier!
JoAnn K. – Jan 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
Maybe a sign of the times, but I made an appointment for a ‘FREE’ leg evaluation as they advertise on their website. I ended up with a $500 bill because they tacked on services NOT explaining to be they would cost so much.
Megan Clark Evans – Aug 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
Dr Kaufman saw me promptly when I needed a doctor to diagnose and treat a deep vein thrombosis. He was thorough, polite, and answered all my questions, explained the treatment needed and followed through until the problem was resolved. I would highly recommend Dr. Kaufman and his excellent staff.
Aug 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
First appt. went well. Unfortunately, after that, I cannot say anything positive about my experiences with this office. Why? I made a phone call within a few days after my appt. to ask a few medical questions. I described the concerns to the receptionist, asking for the doctor or MA to respond. I left several msgs. and also left one for the Office Mgr. Nothing. Per the doctor, I was told to wait for a DME rep he used to call me but, after waiting 2 full weeks and no call, I called her office and left a msg. 4 days later, she called, saying she never heard from the doctor’s office and knew nothing about me. I suggested she call the doctor and get back to me but she never called back. Overall, I am extremely disappointed in this practice and cannot say anything positive. It has now been well over a month and still nothing. Considering my medical condition is serious and incurable, this is deeply disturbing.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jul 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
Would recommend him to anyone looking for relief from varicose veins. My results were wonderful. Dr. Kaufman and his staff are exceptional.
May 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
Outstanding Results. Dr. Kaufman performed two procedures for varicose veins, one included a phlebotomy. Both were done at Dr. Kaufman's office and the relief was immediate. The staff and Dr. Kaufman are a team with a singular focus on the patient and in delivering the best care possible.
Mar 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
I recently had sclerotherapy conducted in his office. My result are amazing. 80% of them are gone. My legs look great. The staff is amazing and Dr. Kaufman is a genius with what he does. If had anything else that needed to be done he would be the man I trust with my legs... but he already fixed everything. 100% satisfied. If you have any leg concerns please see this doctor.
Kristin H. in Loveland, CO – Mar 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
I still cannot believe the relief I feel everyday since my procedures! I have had a few on my thighs, knees, shins, calves, and even feet. Now I am able to wear shoes that used to be painful. I never realized they were causing so many of my issues. Pain, burning, itching, aching, weakness, extreme heaviness. I always refer anyone with similar problems to Dr. Kaufmans office. It has made such a difference in my life.
S.C. in Cheyenne, WY – Sep 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
I first met Dr. Kaufman in May 2015 when I was experiencing vein\clotting issues in my lower left leg. I contacted Dr. Kaufman after becoming frustrated with the treatment and approaches that other doctors were recommending. Dr. Kaufman, being a vein specialist and leader in his field, quickly assessed my leg issues and proposed several approaches to resolve my vein issues while treating the clotting problem as well. This team is awesome and has resolved all my vein issues for over 3 yrs.
Lou T. in Fort Collins, CO – Jul 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
I had procedures done on both legs and the difference I feel is day and night! My legs don't hurt anymore and the swelling is gone, I feel energetic and it is nice to do a simple every day task with no leg pain. A huge thanks to Dr. Kaufman and his staff, a wonderful group of people that i would highly recommend to anyone!!
Julie Muniz in CO – Jul 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
From the initial exam through a procedure and post-op, Dr. Kaufman was thorough and attentive. I felt prepared and am happy with the outcome. Dr. Kaufman is a little quirky, but I enjoyed his personality and kindness.
Daisy in Windsor, CO – Jul 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Kaufman for treatment of spider veins. After examining my leg he discussed various treatment options and suggested the one he felt was best for me. He gave me a realistic opinion on what I could expect as the outcome of my sclerotherapy. I am very pleased with the results and the information Dr. Kaufman provided. The office staff is great and very helpful.
Apr 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
I found Dr Kaufman and his staff very friendly and knowledgeable. I was unable to use one of the anti inflammatory suggestions so he went in his office to research something he had heard about. When he was convinced with his findings he explained it and prescribed it for me. He also wanted a follow up at no charge to hear the results personally. He showed a great deal of care and concern. It worked fantasti c and I was thrilled with his concern.
Karen Grabowski in Wellington, CO – Mar 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
When I found Dr Kaufman, I was at a point that I thought there was no cure. I had a previous surgeon tell me I had a rats next in my leg and there was nothing he could do. Dr Kaufman was very professional, gave me my options, had an answer and was able to get it done right away. Everyone on his staff was amazing from the front desk, Serina, the nurse Becky, and his ultrasound tech Shelby. If you are having any vein issues, GO HERE FIRST!! It will be your best option. Thank you to all of you! :)
Susan Hernandez in Loveland – May 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
After 30 years of bedside nursing I had awful, painful varicose veins in my left leg. I was referred to Dr. Kaufman for treatment. At first I was scared, but he explained everything and was very personable. He is a leader in his field. I had the procedures done two weeks ago today and I can't believe how much better my leg feels and looks. I pay attention to detail and I highly recommend Dr. Kaufman and his knowledgeable and friendly staff. Thank you Dr. Kaufman!
Debbie Conroy in Loveland, CO – Mar 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
I really wanted to like this doctor, but he made me feel uneasy with the way he presented his questions and acted like he wasn't all that interested. I have varicose veins on both legs and told me there was nothing wrong with the right. It's forming an ulcer once again, and of course it needs operated on. I felt he was only interested in doing what he wanted to do, and not what the patient wanted taken care of. He was off-color and his bedside manner was appalling. Great staff, otherwise.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Anna in Loveland, CO – Mar 31, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?
Very professional, knowledgeable. Spent time explaining what my problem was. Office staff was nice, friendly and helpful.
Fort Collins, CO – Mar 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kaufman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kaufman?