Dr. Steven Kassman, MD

Dr. Steven Kassman, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Part of my practice philosophy is also to be accommodating and complete in my treatment. Sometimes that accommodation is for the patient who has an emergency or maybe one who requires an unplanned procedure such as a cast or an injection during their visit in order to relieve pain and not delay their treatment until another scheduled appointment. Occasionally complete and thorough evaluation simply requires additional or unplanned x-rays. These accommodations can sometimes result in an erratic office schedule. The benefits for my patients are that those in greatest need are helped as soon as possible and care is thorough and complete. One never knows when they will be the patient in need of such flexibility. If my schedule ever creates a situation where I am behind, I promise to you that your visit quality will not be compromised or rushed and that I will listen attentively and do my best to solve your problem once our visit begins. I will respect you as well as the time, effort, and expense that you have committed to me and my practice. My goal is to provide you, my patient, with an experience that is compassionate, pleasant, and certainly worthwhile. I believe that you will find me to be honest, straightforward, hard working for your best interest, and skilled as a surgeon. You are an individual and care will be specific for your problem and needs. Together our goal will be to create a treatment plan that is effective yet efficient with your time and money.

20325 N 51st Ave Ste 124

Glendale, AZ 85308

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
  • Health Net of Arizona, Inc.
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Kassman

See how frequently Dr. Kassman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee Disorders
high
Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)
Osteoarthritis of Knee
high

Dr. Kassman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Kassman "To help people achieve health for life. Areas of Expertise: Industrial and Work Related Injuries; Hip and Knee Joint Replacement; MAKOplasty; Arthroscopic Surgery of the Shoulder and Knee; Orthopedic Trauma and Fracture Care."

• Adult Orthopedic Surgery

• Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Arthroscopic Joint Surgery
  • Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
  • Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
  • Arthroscopic Surgery
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Simple Fracture Care and Casting
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Cornell University College Of Arts and Sciences
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1983
  • State University Of New York At Buffalo
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • Millard Fillmore Hosps
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • State University Of New York At Buffalo
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Kassman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kassman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kassman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kassman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kassman to family and friends
Dr. Kassman's Performance
Peoria, AZ |
Dr. Kassman performed total hip replacement on my arthritic hip one month ago and along with physical therapy, I am walking without a walker or cane.
in Phoenix, AZ |
No doubt the best experience from start to finish. My hip feels great and I'm doing more now than I have in years and my hip is only 3 months old.
Santa Ana, CA |
Arrogant jerk. over an hour wait in the ro. treated me like I was dumb I was able to walk in perfectly fine if I was in such pain. treated me like crap to put it kindly. told me how I should be feeling or acting. He sat hunched over in on the was told that if I was SUCH pain I should get a walker or a wheelchair period And I was told why wasn't my family doctor helping me. I will never be back to this office all because of him. I have told others to avoid him.
in Calgary, AB |
Dr. Kassman is a reminder of what doctors used to be like. He is pleasant, kind, patient and actually listens to what you are telling him. You get the feeling he is genuinely interested in you and concerned about you getting the best possible care and results. I would recommend him to family and friends without hesitation
in Strawberry , AZ. |
I am thankful that Dr. Kassman did my TKR. The pain I had before my TKR is completely gone. I was very bowed legged and now it's straight. My fear was infection but I stayed infection free and ten weeks post op I am walking, riding my beloved mule and enjoying my life. The reviews on how long you can sit for an appointment and that Dr. Kassman isn't very friendly are true BUT I wanted a skilled surgeon and I found that in Dr. Kassman. Well worth any inconvenience of long appointment times.
in Chandler |
Excellent doctor/patient manner, very friendly and thoughtful, knows his stuff, I am 63 and had a very bad tear to my rotator cuff and other areas, he did an excellent job putting me back together, he even showed me pictures of the before and after surgery, I was very impressed on how well everything went, I do alot of heavy moving and lifting at my job and and after my wellness program Dr. Kassman set-up, I am now back to work and my shoulder feels and performs great. Thanks Dr. Kassman
in Kelowna, BC |
I had a total hip replacement January 2017. The whole experience was beyond my expectations . Dr. Kassman is a very pleasant , professional and highly skilled surgeon . I was out of the hospital a day after the operation and walking without a cane in three days. It's been three month since tthe operation and the change to my quality of life has been dramatic . I would highly recommend Dr. Kassman as a surgeon. The care given at the Honor Health Deer Valley Hospital was excellent .
in Litchfield park az |
Dr kassman is a great dr and gives his patients all the info to there injurys and recommends the best surgery to fix there problems.very awesome.
in Victoria, BC |
As a Canadian looking for timely medical treatment rather than a two year or more wait, I consider myself very lucky to have chosen Dr. Kassman for my total knee replacement. The only downside is that he is not operating in my city or country!
in Desert Hills , AZ |
My experience with Dr. Kassman and the staff at OrthoArizona exceeded all expectations. I was in extreme pain, barely mobile and quite nervous about my upcoming hip replacement surgery as it was my first. However Dr. Kassman exudes the kind of confidence that only comes with years of training and experience, his staff was always available to answer my questions and I was scheduled much quicker than I thought possible. Dr. Kassman is a Rockstar. I was walking unassisted in two weeks free of pain.
in Vancouver ,British Columbia , Canada |
I came here Ron Canada cto get my knees replaced. In Canada I had waited one year to get on the wait list which was 1.5-2 year for first knee. I was in contact with Dr Klansman in Sept 2016 .and my first knee was done on Nov 3 and second one done on Jan 20 2017. Dr Klansman contacted me prior to the first surgery and several times after each to check and see how I was doing. This was in additional to the two office visits. I was very impressed with all aspects of the surgery.
Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Kassman is very professional & I felt very comfortable in his ability to treat my injury. Thank you to Dr. Kassman & staff for a quick recovery.
in Tokyo |
Dr Kassman is a specialist and excellent at execution. The surgery was excellent, staff was excellent, facility specially oriented to my surgeries needs and recovery. No surprises. I felt I was getting the best surgery and service available in North America. I fully and without any reservation recommend anyone to Dr. Kassman
in Sidney, BC |
I saw Dr.Kassman for a hip replacement.His pre op assessment was thorough , informative and complete .I was fully acquainted by Dr. Kassman with all issues relevant to the operation, including expected outcomes, risks , alternatives etc. His team is well organized and very helpful through the entire process. I have been very satisfied with the results
in Smithfield,Ohio |
I needed a hip replacement for 2 years but due to the cost and having to pay it myself I had to keep putting it off. I researched many, many options. I heard back from Rick Baker the next day. After emailing back and forth a few times Dr. Kassman called me and we had a very good conversation. I have never felt so comfortable with a doctor. My surgery went off without a hitch and I can now walk! I can not say enough good about Dr. Kassman and his staff both office and surgical! I'm truly grateful
in Ladysmith, BC |
Very thorough, communicates clearly, excellent support staff, very accommodating as shown by our first consultation which was completed by phone on a long weekend "after hours" while visiting his family. Hip replacement was as pleasant an experience as this type of surgery can be and the results just as promised.
in Kamloops, BC |
We were in different countries which could have made the connection difficult. He asked pertinent questions so he was able to obtain a case history that he could work with. He answered my questions to my satisfaction. He scheduled my operation for 3 weeks after our initial contact. This was necessary as my hip was rapidly deteriorating. The meetings and operation went very smoothly. 5 weeks out and I am out of pain, walking without a cane and independent.
in Edmonton, AB |
I was impressed with his promptness in answering questions & the quality of his work. I expected my range of motion (after surgery)!to be much more limited than it turned out to be. Maybe this is partly due to me being a Canadian where our waiting lists are long and to even get in to see a specialist takes forever! I didn't need to schedule an urgent appointment so can't answer the next question.
in Glendale, AZ |
Excellent surgeon! Dr Kassman explained the procedure well and the final result exceeded my expectations.
in Whitehorse, YT |
My experience with Dr. Kassman was excellent. He kept me well informed during my procedure and his follow up afterwards left no doubt that he was interested in my well being. He even went so far as to check me out of my hotel when it became apparent that I would be in a re-hab center for a week after my surgery. He also advised my wife daily as to my progress which was much appreciated by both her and myself.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Kassman is an excellent surgeon.
in Glendale, AZ |
I needed a Total Hip Replacement. Dr. Kassman provided me with the pre-operative information I needed to ensure I was best prepared for my surgery and optimum recovery. The surgery went without any problems. By my 6th week after surgery I was more mobile than I had been in the previous year and had no residual pain. I was especially grateful for his focus on preventing infection and immediate mobilization.
in Stony Plain, AB |
My experience with Dr. Kassman was total professionalism from his first phone call to his last correspondence with me when I arrived back home. I was expecting a lengthy recovery after having my total hip replacement surgery with him. But I was walking without any aid within 14 days, going up and down stairs normally with in 20 days. It has now been about 40 days since the surgery and it keeps getting better every day. I would certainly recommend Dr. Kassman and his team to anyone!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr Kassman has the worst bedside manner I have ever dealt with in a DR in all my life. He did not let me ask questions, he talked to me like I was stupid, he literally walked out of the room AS I was still talking, did not say bye, shake my hand, nothing. Absolutely shocking arrogance from this guy, I wouldnt refer him, or use him, or give him the a dime of my money if he was the last surgeon on earth. I walked out literally in tears. I've never left a DR crying and humiliated.
in Edmonton,AB,Canada |
My overall experience with Dr. Kassman and his team was first class. A great balance of professionalism and empathy. Postoperative care was excellent, we could not have chosen a better surgeon to do the hip replacement.
in Bassano, Alberta, Canada |
He has a knowledgeable and positive patient attitude, explaining the evaluation and the surgical response. He has a very positive manner in dealing with out of country patients in terms of having surgery out of their home country. Follow up has been excellent.
in Calgary, AB |
Dr. Kassman was thorough, professional, very experienced and caring. If needing another like surgery, would definitely ask for Dr. Kassman to perform. Staff was top drawer from the clinic to the hospital. Nurses were excellent. Even the kitchen staff went above and beyond.
in Calgary, Alberta |
Excellent after care availability
in Burnaby, British Columbia |
From the outset of my decision to go to the US for surgery, working with Dr. Kassman and his staff has been a wonderful experience. His staff at Arizona Ortho (especially Yanira) are really helpful, professional and compassionate. I would highly recommend Dr. Kassman because his attention to detail, ability to explain procedures and personal attention to the patient were second to none. He always responded to e-mail inquires promptly. He also treated my wife (MRI Tech) with respect. Great guy!
in Vancouver BC Canada |
From the time I first contacted Dr. Kassman regarding hip replacement surgery, through the entire process my experience was exceptional. Dr Kassman and his staff answered all my questions, providing me all the information I required. The operation, hospital stay and my recovery could not have gone better. After being frustrated by lack of communication and long wait time in Vancouver BC Canada, being in severe pain having Dr. Kassman preform my surgery was life changing.
in Peoria, AZ |
The waiting room is clean, important since you will be there waiting for so long... Had to reschedule my appointment because I waited and hour before going back.
in Glendale, AZ |
Excellent surgeon. Communication is direct and to the point.
in New Westminster, B.C. Canada |
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Steve Kassman. I am extremely happy with the outcome of my hip replacement. Today is seven weeks ago that I had the operation and I am doing great, I am walking without any walking cane and it feels like I never had an operation, it feels so good. I still have some soreness at night but that is getting better with every day.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Entire total hip replacement process smooth and stress free. Hospital facility special first time experience. Superior staff and complete confidence in Dr. Kassman. Definitely have DR Kassman replace second hip!!!!!
in Calgary, Alberta, Canada |
I believe that Dr. Kassman is an excellent orthopedic surgeon. His attitude, bed side manner, and time spent with patients fosters confidence that the best possible will be done. His degree of follow-up shows a high level of ownership in his patients' welfare. During organization for surgery, my being a non-Phoenix resident (Canada) was detrimental to the quality of communication.
in Calgary, AB Canada |
Clear information about what he was able to do for me, easy access to him to answer any questions that I had, very quick turn around to get surgery set up and completed. He is very approachable and kind. I am completely satisfied with my surgery and the service i received from Dr. Kassman.
in Phoenix, AZ |
When I called to make the appt I asked if I needed to bring a copy of my MRI. I was told no, they could access it. When I arrived the receptionist asked if I had brought a copy. The PA also asked, then the Dr with the PA standing there asked a 3rd time if I had brought a copy & for the 3rd time I explained I had been told they could access it. He wasn't friendly. He made me feel like I was wasting his time. He said another patient has a bigger tear & didn't complain as much. I won't go back.
in Vancouver BC |
Dr Kassman is very involved with his patient. He communicates well and is very approachable. It is obvious he cares about every aspect of his patient's outcome. Best physician I've ever been treated by.
in Alberta Canada |
Dr Kassman is one of the most competent, caring Dr. I have come across in many years. He is amazing at following up on after care as well.
in Edmonton, Alberta |
Dr. Kassman is highly skilled in hip replacement surgery - I experienced absolutely no pain whatsoever post-op having two hips replaced 5 weeks apart.
in Casa Grande, AZ |
His kindness and follow up are excellent.
in Peoria, AZ |
Excellent surgeon. Really cares about his patients. Great staff too!
Have you seen Dr. Steven Kassman, MD?
Are you Dr. Kassman?

Blue Alliance Network
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona HMO
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona POS
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona PPO
  • Health Net of Arizona, Inc.
    Health Net of Arizona HMO