Dr. Steven Kassman, MD

Dr. Kassman
Telehealth services available

Osna - Aosa

20325 N 51st Ave Bldg 4 Glendale, AZ 85308

Dr. Steven Kassman, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Glendale, AZ. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Abrazo Arrowhead Campus and Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kassman to book an appointment.

Dr. Kassman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kassman

Dr. Kassman?
  • Office environment (208)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (208)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (205)
  • Long wait times (36)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (13)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (13)
My experience was amazing right from the booking through surgery and recovery. I called February 2 ,had a hip replacement and was walking without a cane February 30. Dr. Kassman was excellent and his team provided excellent service including transportation,hospital,physiotherapist.
Bob – Mar 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kassman, MD?
Dr. Kassman replaced both my hips two weeks apart in December, 2020. Dr. Kassman is excellent. The Core Institute Hospital is excellent and Scott Radomski is excellent. I strongly recommend all.
Dean M – Mar 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kassman, MD?
I had a total hip replacement done about three months ago. Dr Kassman did a great job on the surgery -- I'm almost back to doing all of my previous activities with very little pain. However, the pre-op and post-op care was minimal. Prior to the surgery, I got little to no information on what the recovery would be like. The visits after the surgery were so brief that I hardly had a chance to ask a question. He did what he needed to do to ensure that things were going well but didn't seem to be too interested in anything that I had to say. Good surgeon poor bedside manner.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Gene G – Mar 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kassman, MD?
My experience with Dr. Kassman was extremely positive from start to finish. When I had my left knee replaced in Canada 4 years ago, it took me 5 weeks before I could do a full rotation on my stationary bike. I was pleasantly surprised that I accomplished this after only 2 weeks post surgery with Dr. Kassman. Both physiotherapists that Dr. Kassman uses are competent and accommodating.
Tim Dennehy – Mar 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kassman, MD?
Dr Kassman did a total knee replacement on me Jan 28, 2021. In 2 days I was using walker and had no problem walking at a very good pace. On 4th day Scott (physio) had me walk down hall with cane and back then asked me to hold cane up and walk down hall. That was the last time I used a cane, hard to believe could walk that good in just 4 days. Dr Kassman is a very caring conscientious knowledgeable surgeon. He has assembled a great team who are also caring knowledgeable, efficient group. If I ever need another knee or hip I would have no problem going back, very hard to believe you could get better care anywhere. Thank you Dr Kassman.
Lloyd Meadows – Feb 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kassman, MD?
Dr. Kassman replaced both of my hips. In both instances I was able to go home the same day the procedure was performed. Everything went very smoothly and I'm now pain free for the first time in six years! I recommend Dr. Kassman very highly without any hesitation.
Marty Davis – Feb 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kassman, MD?
Dr. Kassman and his clinic were very professional. I would recommend him without any hesitancy.
KAREN AILSA SCHONFELDER – Jan 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kassman, MD?
I was extremely pleased with the outcome of my hip replacement surgery and would recommend Dr Kassman to other potential patients
  • Long wait times
John Shed – Jan 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kassman, MD?
I originally posted a review for Dr. Kassman in late June/early July after Dr. Kassman successfully replaced my left hip joint. On November 19th, Dr. Kassman successfully replaced my right knee joint. My admiration for him has only grown and I would just ad thee lyrics from a famous Tina Turner song-The Best. "You're simply the best, better than all the rest"!
Robert Whitfield – Dec 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kassman, MD?
Dr. Kassman’s surgical ability on my recent rotator is excellent; however his office visits are below par. Each appointment I’ve had waiting at least one hour to be seen. He had released me in November but wanted to see me for one more visit December 2, of which I waited 90+ minutes in the room before I went to his assistant to confirm if he’d be in soon . Once I returned he appeared from the next room, having been BSing w someone; he saw me for 2 minutes. What waste of time!
Kevin Ryan – Dec 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kassman, MD?
I have had both knees replaced by Dr Kassman and the care at Core Institute and with Dr Kassman was excellent. First knee is great and six weeks into recovery of second knee and it is coming along very well. I would highly recommend him.
Dec 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kassman, MD?
I had a hip replacement on Oct 23 2020. Dr. Kassman provided first rate service throughout. He talked to me for half an hour when we first made contact going over options, risks and expected outcomes clearly and fully. The pre-op appointments with Dr. K, the CT clinic and the hospital were all on time. Dr. K did a full assessment of my case and answered all my questions completely. The operation was at the Honor Health Deer Valley Hospital. The registration, pre-op prep, operation, and the recovery all went smoothly. The hospital staff were friendly and efficient, and the facilities very comfortable. I couldn't have asked for better treatment. I was released from the hospital the day after the operation and started physiotherapy with Scott immediately. He had me walking, progressing from a walker to a cane to unassisted within days. He gave me exercises to promote my recovery, which seem to be working well. I'd recommend Dr. Kassman and his team with no reservations.
Peter G – Nov 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kassman, MD?
Dr. Kassman's reputation preceded him. And any last minute qualms and questions I had were addressed by a friendly, informative and relaxed manner. I cannot imagine how pre and post surgery could have gone more smoothly than it did. His expertise, combined with his support team were, in a word, awesome.
John Jackson – Oct 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kassman, MD?
My surgical experience with Dr. Kassman and Honor Health was excellent. Even during the Covid 19 Pandemic. Dr. Kassman and all the staff involved could not have been better.
Dr. R. Harper – Sep 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kassman, MD?
I am from Canada and when i was first referred to DR Kassman it was a real pleasure. He took the time to review my needs , tell me what was required, I need a right hip replacement after waiting two years in Alberta for one here. he laid out what would happen , fly down have a few appts to get ready for surgery, then surgery, back at hotel next day after surgery not even 24 hours, on a walker when I left the hospital and said i would be off of it in a couple days and onto a cane! I was. Used Steve his pyhsio guy and he was great. Went in for surgery July 9, 2020 flew home walking with no pain July 16.2020. wonderful to have my life back! I saw him twice before surgery and after. The staff were all remarkable and accomadating!
Marie Eade – Sep 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kassman, MD?
Dr. Kassman did a left hip replacement On me approx. 3 months ago. Leading up to that surgery I had terrible pain in my left leg, that back surgeons said it was from the back, which was all wrong. Now I am pain free, and just started playing tennis again. Without a doubt he did a fantastic job, and I highly recommend him. He and his staff followed my healing, ensuring that everything was going well. All were so very helpful. If you need a orthopedic surgeon he is the one to go to.
Douglas Amos – Sep 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kassman, MD?
Dr. Kassman did a right hip replacement on me, June 5, 2020. I previously had an injection in December, then physical therapy...none was helpful to my pain. Then I was diagnosed with breast cancer in March so that was a delay for my replacement. Finally WE got the job done and it's been awesome! The staff both in the office and at physical therapy have been wonderful, plus so many new friends I've made! Greta, his PA is fantastic too and has helped me so much! I have referred several to go have Dr. Kassman help them, like he did for me!
Janelle R Stone – Aug 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kassman, MD?
Dr. Kassman was excellent to deal with. He responded to my questions thoughtfully and quickly. He made it very clear that he would take the time I needed for me to feel comfortable. The surgery was totally successful and at the two month mark I am back to a normal life hiking, walking and engaging in all activities without pain. I highly recommend him for hip surgery.
Glenn Waterman – Aug 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kassman, MD?
At my post-op follow up, Dr. Kassman was quite rude. He asked me if my knee was better than it was before the surgery and I told him that I wasn't sure that it was. He responded by saying, "Oh come on! If it's not better, then you shouldn't have had the surgery". Very rude! First of all, it was him that told me that I needed the surgery. Second of all, I did everything that was asked of me, including all of my PT and if my knee isn't better after the surgery, than it was before, I'm guessing that the blame falls on the surgeon. Not the completely compliant patient. Dr. Kassman's demeanor throughout the entire process was very short and dismissive. He was even that way with my wife, directly after the surgery. I would never recommend Dr. Kassman. Any number of surgeons can perform your surgery. Find one that genuinely cares about your well being, satisfaction and a positive end result.
James Freymuth – Jul 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kassman, MD?
I am very impressed with the results and the whole experience of my hip replacement by Dr. Kassman. I am 4 months out, and back riding horses and doing other activities with no restrictions or pain. It really is amazing and I have nothing but good things to say about the whole experience. Thank you Dr. Kassman!
Barry Gray – Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Kassman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kassman?

To help people achieve health for life. Areas of Expertise: Industrial and Work Related Injuries; Hip and Knee Joint Replacement; MAKOplasty; Arthroscopic...Read more

Part of my practice philosophy is also to be accommodating and complete in my treatment. Sometimes that accommodation is for the patient who has an emergency...Read more

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics